Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Question for Homosexuals

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    No one talks about homosexuality as much as you do. You've got pages and pages of homo talk in just a few scant days. It's painfully obvious.

You're a rump ranger.....the first step to recovery is admitting you like dick. Go ahead....admit it.
    Ha. You're talking about my introduction thread that got turned into a debate about homosexuality. That wasn't my fault. Why do you keep joking about it is the real question. Ya know, that's exactly how my friend is. Always joking about it. ALWAYS. I think he jokes about it to cover something up....hmmm..sounds like you're taking a page outta his book.

ODN Community Regular

According to Christians, just south of heaven
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Infamous View Post
    Ha. You're talking about my introduction thread that got turned into a debate about homosexuality. That wasn't my fault. Why do you keep joking about it is the real question. Ya know, that's exactly how my friend is. Always joking about it. ALWAYS. I think he jokes about it to cover something up....hmmm..sounds like you're taking a page outta his book.
    AHAHAHAHAHAA

Well the only thing for you to do is ask him about it. Are you MAN enough to talk to your boy about it. Or are you just going to always wonder what could have been?

In Heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here.

Rogue Cardinal, Member of the God-Awful Atheist Syndicate

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the only thing for you to do is ask him about it.
    I guess I will eventually. If he turns out to be gay I'll try and hook yall up.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

People fear what they do not understand. There is a fear that if you let the homo's loose everyone will end up gay. So you have to be secure in your "manhood"...so you won't be tempted to go to the dark side....like Lord Infamous....no pun intended! HAHAHAA
    Well, again, I'm not justifying homophobia, and I certainly have no desire to equate homosexuals with pedophiles, but I didn't want to hang around with a pedophile, would you say that was because I was afraid of becoming a pedophile?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by czahar View Post
    Well, again, I'm not justifying homophobia, and I certainly have no desire to equate homosexuals with pedophiles, but I didn't want to hang around with a pedophile, would you say that was because I was afraid of becoming a pedophile?
    No that would probably be because you regard pedophilia as a despicable act, and hence would not want to share your time with someone who enacts it, but how this would compare to hanging out with a homosexual I do not see, unless you consider homosexuality a despicable act as well.
    We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his belief that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

Henry Louis Mencken

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ians25 View Post
    No that would probably be because you regard pedophilia as a despicable act, and hence would not want to share your time with someone who enacts it, but how this would compare to hanging out with a homosexual I do not see, unless you consider homosexuality a despicable act as well.
    My point was simply that prejudice against homosexuals doesn't make someone "insecure" about their sexuality - i.e., afraid that a homosexual will change them - anymore than not wanting to hang out with someone else of a lifestyle that's considered socially unacceptable by many means you're afraid that individual will turn you over to their sexual lifestyle.

Again, I'm not saying that homosexuality is evil, nor that hatred of it is rational. I'm simply saying, I don't see where "insecurity" plays any part in this irrational hatred.

Post Thanks / Like

My point was simply that prejudice against homosexuals doesn't make someone "insecure" about their sexuality - i.e., afraid that a homosexual will change them - anymore than not wanting to hang out with someone else of a lifestyle that's considered socially unacceptable by many means you're afraid that individual will turn you over to their sexual lifestyle.

Again, I'm not saying that homosexuality is evil, nor that hatred of it is rational. I'm simply saying, I don't see where "insecurity" plays any part in this irrational hatred.
    I am no expert in psychology, but I am pretty sure that many repressed homosexuals may try to avoid contact with other homosexuals out of either the negative feelings they have towards such conduct (as they are repressing it themselves), or fear for the contact shaking the grounds of their repressive frame of mind, i.e. insecurity. this doesn't mean that everyone who takes distance from homosexuals is insecure about it, but that many who do in fact take distance, do so out of insecurity.
    We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his belief that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

Henry Louis Mencken

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

I have another question. Why did homosexuality seem to be a trend in Greek and Roman culture? It was almost as if it was like a practice for them as opposed to an actual sexual preference.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I have another question. Why did homosexuality seem to be a trend in Greek and Roman culture? It was almost as if it was like a practice for them as opposed to an actual sexual preference.
    To put it simply.....when you are out fighting a war.....and you are gone from ***** for long periods of time....a man get build up in them nuts and he needs some release.

It no different than some thug ass goin' to jail.....and getting locked up for a long time and then deciding he needs to push someone's **** in....to get that release.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

It no different than some thug ass goin' to jail.....and getting locked up for a long time and then deciding he needs to push someone's **** in....to get that release.
    Ya know what? I made a reference to the exact same scenario when I was asked a different question about homosexuality in my intro thread that got derailed. But everybody and their momma disagreed with it.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know of any straight man that will turn gay just to get 'release'. I mean, there are other ways to get it which we all know about.

Why would you need to turn to other men if you can do it yourself RC?

Or am I interpretting what you just said the wrong way?
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aspoestertjie View Post
    I don't know of any straight man that will turn gay just to get 'release'. I mean, there are other ways to get it which we all know about.

Why would you need to turn to other men if you can do it yourself RC?

Or am I interpretting what you just said the wrong way?
    SOOME guys did that. Not every Roman soldier did that. Typically it was the higher ups that did that.

SOME guys in jail do that. They don't even consider it a homosexual act. After all it's not like they LOVE guys. They just love getting off in a manner that is kinda like what it would be like with a chick.

I wouldn't do it. I'd beat off before I ever screwed a guy. But that's me.

It was an accepted practice in Greek and Roman times and from what you read in teh Bible.....if it had a pulse it could be screwed!.....if you weren't a Jew that is.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I have another question. Why did homosexuality seem to be a trend in Greek and Roman culture?
    It depends on where you're talking about. In Sparta, young men were raised in all male environments from the age of seven to thirty. There's little need for explanation as to why homosexuality went on there.

In Athens, particularly during Classical times, younger aristocratic males were expected to have an older male as their mentor. It was only expected that this older male would develop an affection for his young protege that would cross a bit from the Platonic to the physical. I also believe it was just part of courtship culture in aristocratic Athens.

I'm not aware of any particular homosexual trend in Rome. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it went on there, but I don't think any type of culture developed around it like it did in Greece.

It was almost as if it was like a practice for them as opposed to an actual sexual preference.
    I don't think so. Heterosexuality, when possible, was certainly avidly practiced, and I still think both ancient Greece and Rome were primarily hetero-centered cultures. Most literature, for instance, seems to to have heterosexual themes (men fighting for the women they love, as in the The Iliad).

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not aware of any particular homosexual trend in Rome.
    Wasn't Julius Ceasar bi?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Julius Ceasar bi?
    There were rumors about him sleeping with the king of Bthynia (in modern day Turkey), but I don't know how well substantiated they were. I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of him have a sexual encounter with another man at some point in his life, but I'm not aware of him sexually engaging with men on a regular basis. I'll have to pull out the ol' Suetonius and Plutarch sometime.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Julius Ceasar bi?
    I knew a guy who knew a lot about history and he said Ceasar was. Ceasar was apparently known as "every woman's man and every man's woman."

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    Ceasar was apparently known as "every woman's man and every man's woman."
    Sounds like Ceasar got around huh?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    I knew a guy who knew a lot about history and he said Ceasar was. Ceasar was apparently known as "every woman's man and every man's woman."
    The line actually comes from Curio the Elder, who was an opponent of Caesar's:

"But to remove all doubt that he had an evil reputation both for shameless vice and for adultery (impudicitae et adulteriorum), I have only to add that the elder Curio in one of his speeches calls him "every woman's man and every man's woman"

It should also be pointed out that the rumor of his affair with King Nicomedes of Bythnia is the only accusation of bisexuality against Caesar:

"There was no stain on his reputation for chastity except his intimacy with King Nicomedes, but that was a deep and lasting reproach, which laid him open to insults from every quarter."

Suetonius, one of the most famous ancient authors on the Caesars, doesn't even mention it as a sure thing:

He served his first campaign in Asia on the personal staff of Marcus Thermus, governor of the province. Being sent by Thermus to Bithynia, to fetch a fleet, he dawdled so long at the court of Nicomedes that he was supected [sic] of improper relations with the king.

His love affairs with women are described in more definite terms:

He had love affairs with queens too, including Eunoe the Moor, wife of Bogudes, on whom, as well as on her husband, he bestowed many splendid presents, as Naso writes: but above all with Cleopatra, with whom he often feasted until daybreak, and he would have gone through Egypt with her in her state-barge almost to Aethiopia, had not his soldiers refused to follow him.

Concluding, the accusations of Caesar's bisexuality seem to be very weak.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/pwh/suet-julius.html

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

SOOME guys did that. Not every Roman soldier did that. Typically it was the higher ups that did that.
    Okay...

SOME guys in jail do that. They don't even consider it a homosexual act. After all it's not like they LOVE guys. They just love getting off in a manner that is kinda like what it would be like with a chick.
    That is weird. I mean you are a straight man, and you never thought of doing such a thing.

I can't see any straight man ever even thinking in that direction.

Some men even believe just holding hands with another man makes you homosexual. That is not even close to putting your penis into the butt hole of another man. It is unheard of. If you do that - you are gay or otherwise bi. I don't know how you can see it any other way RC.

I wouldn't do it. I'd beat off before I ever screwed a guy. But that's me.
    Because you are straight and not gay.

It was an accepted practice in Greek and Roman times and from what you read in teh Bible.....if it had a pulse it could be screwed!.....if you weren't a Jew that is.

Then they were bi or gay - the whole lot of those Greeks and Romans who did it. If it is an acceptable practice amongst them - it means they accept men as being their sexual partners.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Let me ask this...

What if a man is fantasizing of the guy he is with as a woman? I mean hetero's have anal sex..
    Show me the government that does not infringe upon anyone's rights, and I will no longer call myself an anarchist.~Jacob Halbrooks
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.~Benjamin Franklin
    "Go big or Go home"~ LoLo Bean

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast