Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like

Bill O'Reilly hit with sexual harassment suit.

OCTOBER 13--Hours after Bill O'Reilly accused her of a multimillion dollar shakedown attempt, a female Fox News producer fired back at the TV star today, filing a lawsuit claiming that he subjected her to repeated instances of sexual harassment and spoke often, and explicitly, to her about phone sex, vibrators, threesomes, masturbation, the loss of his virginity, and sexual fantasies.

On www.thesmokinggun.com (TSG) you'll find a copy of Andrea Mackris's complaint, an incredible page-turner that quotes O'Reilly, 55, on all sorts of lewd matters. Based on the extensive quotations cited in the complaint, it appears a safe bet that Mackris, 33, recorded some of O'Reilly's more steamy soliloquies, including Caribbean shower fantasies, a Thailand sex show, Al Franken, and the climax of one August 2004 phone conversation.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...3mackris1.html

Now, before Mackris filed her complaint, claiming that he was the target of a $60 million shakedown bid, O'Reilly (on the same day) filed an aggressive preemptive strike charging Mackris and her attorneys with extortion, infliction of emotional distress, and wrongful interference with contractual relations. O'Reilly claims that Mackris and her counsel tried to extort hush money from him by threatening to file the bombshell lawsuit, a copy of which you'll find below.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...2oreilly1.html

So what do you guys think? Valid sexual harrassment claim, or an extortion attempt? What if Mackris did indeed record some of the conversations with O'Reilly (she does have large block quotes in the complaint which makes it appear that she did indeed tape him).

As a disclaimer, I'm not trying to slam O'Reilly because I'm a lib; I listen to the Radio Factor in the mornings on the way to work because I actually find him to be likeable and his views not that far right (he is a bullsh*t artist, however).

Holla.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bill O'Reilly hit with sexual harassment suit.

"Sticky" situation for Bill. If it is all BS he will not settle, he will talk about it on his show and fight it all the way through court. If it is not BS, i think we will see some interesting hushing tactics. The fact that he countersued could be taken either way. If she has him on tape, isn't it illegal to tape someone without them knowing it? Or is that an urban legend? Oh well, from what I know of Bill he will not take this sitting down either way.

How likely is it that this girl was a plant, and she initiated the conversations by being playful/extra flirty with Bill, then taped him and claimed sexual harrassment? What guy doesnt flirt with girls? Especially when they are flirting with you? Besides, she will have a hard time showing in court that it was unwanted, and coming up with a reason why she went BACK to work for O'Reilly after getting a short job with CNN......
    We took risks. We knew we took them. Things have come out against us. We have no cause for complaint. Scott, found in his diary after the party froze in Antarctica

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PallidaMors
    If she has him on tape, isn't it illegal to tape someone without them knowing it? Or is that an urban legend? Oh well, from what I know of Bill he will not take this sitting down either way.
    I believe that in some states it is illegal (recall Linda Tripp and Monica Lewinsky).

Quote Originally Posted by PallidaMors
    Besides, she will have a hard time showing in court that it was unwanted, and coming up with a reason why she went BACK to work for O'Reilly after getting a short job with CNN......
    Agreed, but the sexual harrassment laws are titled heavily in favor of the claimant and the fact that one did not leave their job (or went back to it) will not factor in as to whether one has a valid claim.

BTW, I like your signature quote from Justice Brandeis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Booger
    I believe that in some states it is illegal (recall Linda Tripp and Monica Lewinsky).
    I thought so.
    Quote Originally Posted by boog
    Agreed, but the sexual harrassment laws are titled heavily in favor of the claimant and the fact that one did not leave their job (or went back to it) will not factor in as to whether one has a valid claim.
    Agreed, I was watching some newsmagazine and the analyst had put forth something to the effect of what I said. Sexual Harrassees have to show that the contact (verbal/physical) was unwanted, and that they attempted to inform the harrasser of this. I think the analyst said they transcripts show very little of this.

Quote Originally Posted by boog
    BTW, I like your signature quote from Justice Brandeis.
    Thanks! I thought it would be particularly pertinent here....(not because of you, i mean here, but not on your thread, on ODN...not that ODN is full of ignorant people....oh nevermind...)
    We took risks. We knew we took them. Things have come out against us. We have no cause for complaint. Scott, found in his diary after the party froze in Antarctica