Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Women are better drivers than men

Okay guys, I created this thread for all of you who disagree with me.

I know Snoop already does, because he believes that him being a professional driver will automatically make him superior in passing judgement on this topic.

Of course, you are welcome to actually tell me if you agree too, it will be much appreciated.

Feel free to tell us what you think of the debate so far.

We can have some fun doing so....
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Women are better drivers than men

Wait - so there is an actual thread where this debate has taken place that you want us to look at? Or is this the thread to debate?
    Frozen In Time Yearning Forbidden Wishes Damned And Divine
    Scars Of My Broken Kisses What Will Follow If Tomorrow's Blind? My Eternal Night.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarja Turunen View Post
    Wait - so there is an actual thread where this debate has taken place that you want us to look at? Or is this the thread to debate?
    This is just the thread in which to discus this debate....

Sorry, I assumed you will know about this thread already, my bad.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aspoestertjie View Post
    This is just the thread in which to discus this debate....

Sorry, I assumed you will know about this thread already, my bad.
    I did see it and couldn't find this thread again to edit the post! You put foward a good argument. I will wait for more replies before I say more, but very good work so far.
    Frozen In Time Yearning Forbidden Wishes Damned And Divine
    Scars Of My Broken Kisses What Will Follow If Tomorrow's Blind? My Eternal Night.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Well, assuming that men and women are equally talented at driving, then men, on average are better drivers.

When a man and a woman are both in a car who, on average, is more likely to be driving? The man. Of course sometimes the woman drives instead but on average the man is more likely to drive.

And since the more likely one does something the better they will become at it, if men drive more than women, then men will be better drivers.

_________________________________ Post Merged _________________________________

Well, assuming that men and women are equally talented at driving, then men, on average are better drivers.

When a man and a woman are both in a car who, on average, is more likely to be driving? The man. Of course sometimes the woman drives instead but on average the man is more likely to drive.

And since the more likely one does something the better they will become at it, if men drive more than women, then men will be better drivers.
    Last edited by mican333; January 26th, 2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought I will show you guys this. I am going away for 3 weeks and just couldn't resist posting this.

Byeeeeeee!
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought I will show you guys this. I am going away for 3 weeks and just couldn't resist posting this.

Byeeeeeee!

I was so confused by that manhole bursting with water for about an entire 30 seconds. That was insanely funny.
    Nun, Volk, steh' auf, und Sturm, brich' los!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

..:: ( Comtesse ) ::..

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Comtesse View Post
    I was so confused by that manhole bursting with water for about an entire 30 seconds. That was insanely funny.
    lol Yeah, but what made me laugh the most was the woman right at the end flipping the vehicle over, almost like in slow motion. How she managed to do that is beyond me.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Thermidor

At first I thought women, but after doing some looking up. I was wrong. It turns out that women get into 5.9 million crashes in the USA per year. Men average out to be 5.1 million. However, Men are 3 times more likely to die in the crash because men drink more often and because of our "risk-taking" behavior.(didn't see the video before I researched, yeah we win)

Post Thanks / Like

Okay it's typically like this...

aside for Nascar and Indie 500 which are mostly and typically male drivers, Women and Men are basically equal why well here's the reason and try to keep up with the real logic...

Men: We get annoyed and agitated very easily on the road due to perhaps slow drivers, people who cut us off, or J-walkers that make us slam on our breaks, we have a destination to go to so we try to get there as fast as possible with out breaking the rules of the road to an extent that it's noticeable to the police officer. So therefore in order of getting to our destination plus getting more annoyed by idiot drivers who simply don't really care about the conditions and needs of other drivers we get stressed out, frustrated and when men get more and more frustrated we do rough and rash actions which usually winds up in us getting into a wreck or a ticket. Also honestly speaking men usually don't have a good map in the brain, thats why they invented common GPS so we don't get thoroughly and utterly confused.

Girls: Now girls try to be as safe as possible because they have the nature of being mothers and probably transporting kids and what not. Girls are in theory more fickle of what they want to do such as which lane to be in or what store to go to. Girls usually never keep up with the maintenance of there cars which is hazardous not only to the car and other people but also to the environment as well. Also all girls want to look good for their man, or in some cases women, and well okay look good in general and hopefully if they do get pulled over pray it's a male cop and pray that the cop finds them attractive to get out of a ticket, they do it in the car while driving, which is as dangerous as txting and driving at the same time and in my mind should be as illegal. okay. i mean she's driving and everything seems to be okay so she pulls down the mirror and starts putting on lipstick and powder and while she isn't paying any attention she either rear ends someone or gets T-boned in the intersection. or almost T-Bones someone but doesn't cause she stopped just in time for the red light. No what makes a girl safe is that they have a better sense of direction hence why do you think the GPS voices are girls.

Now each driver male or female is neither better or worse, it's simply each male and female is better then another male or female or isn't as good as the other male or female. now who is better in general there is no answer to that because both male and female are bad and both male and female are good.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by civreal View Post
    Men: We get annoyed and agitated very easily on the road due to perhaps slow drivers, people who cut us off, or J-walkers that make us slam on our breaks, we have a destination to go to so we try to get there as fast as possible with out breaking the rules of the road to an extent that it's noticeable to the police officer. So therefore in order of getting to our destination plus getting more annoyed by idiot drivers who simply don't really care about the conditions and needs of other drivers we get stressed out, frustrated and when men get more and more frustrated we do rough and rash actions which usually winds up in us getting into a wreck or a ticket. Also honestly speaking men usually don't have a good map in the brain, thats why they invented common GPS so we don't get thoroughly and utterly confused.
    Well, for the most part, I then should be grouped under men drivers, because I too get annoyed and agitated. I too drive as fast as I can. I get annoyed by drivers that 'bought' their licenses.

The only difference between me and some men will be that I have a very good sense of direction and really don't get lost that easily. I can anticipate the moves other drivers will make and act according to that. I have a GPS...my brain.

I do however think you have a few things wrong about the poor little girls.

Girls: Now girls try to be as safe as possible because they have the nature of being mothers and probably transporting kids and what not.
    I have kids of my own. Whenever I transport them, I am more cautious and I drive slower. When they not with me, I drive at 160km/h without thinking twice.

Girls are in theory more fickle of what they want to do such as which lane to be in or what store to go to.
    Uhm...maybe which store to go to, but the lane thing I am not so sure of.

Girls usually never keep up with the maintenance of there cars which is hazardous not only to the car and other people but also to the environment as well.
    I think you will as many men doing the same thing as well. In fact, most taxi drivers in SA are men, and seriously, some of them were caught using a shifting spanner as a steering wheel.

I drive my car. I wash my own car. I also take it for a service to the BMW garage as soon as it prompts me to do so. I never take chances with that, and I know of other women just like me.

I will however say this. I think many women depend on men to help them with this kind of thing and it will be unfair to make such a judgment call solely because they are women. Maybe the men in their lives are just too lazy as well?

Also all girls want to look good for their man, or in some cases women, and well okay look good in general and hopefully if they do get pulled over pray it's a male cop and pray that the cop finds them attractive to get out of a ticket, they do it in the car while driving, which is as dangerous as txting and driving at the same time and in my mind should be as illegal. okay. i mean she's driving and everything seems to be okay so she pulls down the mirror and starts putting on lipstick and powder and while she isn't paying any attention she either rear ends someone or gets T-boned in the intersection. or almost T-Bones someone but doesn't cause she stopped just in time for the red light. No what makes a girl safe is that they have a better sense of direction hence why do you think the GPS voices are girls.
    You make lots of funny claims here.

I sure like to look good for MY man, but don't worry how I look like for a cop. He can write me the ticket all he likes. In fact, they are so corrupt around here, they bribe you to actually pay them cash and will let you go anyway. They don't do it because you are good looking, they do it because they are corrupt (in my case anyway). No cop, that is his salt worth, will let a nice looking woman get away with breaking the law.

I totally agree texting while driving is a very bad thing to do, and should be illegal. In SA it is illegal, so I am sure it should be illegal there too?

Some women I will agree do have very bad habits of putting liptstick on while driving. In fact, the other day someone reported they saw a man putting mascara on in his car while driving...strange world...men can also do that.

Now each driver male or female is neither better or worse, it's simply each male and female is better then another male or female or isn't as good as the other male or female. now who is better in general there is no answer to that because both male and female are bad and both male and female are good.
    I will agree with that in a way for now, don't have the time to go into a lengthy debate about this.

I do however think that women are safer drivers in general. They might be in more accidents, but the damage they cause is not that severe compared to the accidents men usually make. Like you said, men do tend to be in a bigger rush than women.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Women are better drivers than men

My experience leads me to agree with you. The problem is mens' penis aggression. As Italian operetic composers say: "Those darn hard-ons, they cause so much grief!"

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Men are better drivers... women are more responsible.

It depends what you mean by better... cause if it came to parking, racing manouvering etc. I'm pretty sure men are far better, but they're also more agressive which is dangerous when driving on road with other vehicles whereas women tend to drive slower and more cautiously which is obviously safer. Most the time.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

With 'better' driver, I mean the driver that is not putting his/her life in danger or the lives of other road users in danger.

A car is a weapon, maybe not of mass destruction, but there are more people killed on our roads than anything else these days.

I will agree that there are men who are able to park better than some women. They have a better understanding of space around them. They might even be better in most things. The only aspect that makes them to be worse (and that is only at a certain age bracket), is that they are aggressive drivers compared to women in general.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Then it should be

'Women are more cautius drivers than men'

The title you have is mathematically impossible.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I will concede to that.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Matrix

I know Snoop already does, because he believes that him being a professional driver will automatically make him superior in passing judgement on this topic.

Of course, you are welcome to actually tell me if you agree too, it will be much appreciated.

Both can be a good or bad driver:

Both genders are capable of chatting with someone in the car or be on the cell phone while driving.
    Both genders can be intoxicated while driving.
    Both genders can be on drugs.
    Both genders can be busy putting make-up on while driving ( women/gay)
    Both can be tending their whining kids while driving.
    Both can be eating while driving.

All of the above can take the attention of the driver from the road regardless of the gender and that can cause accident.

Post Thanks / Like

True story. Driving in California with my bud, Clem. He's Chinese, grew up in Oklahoma. An argument ensues regarding the stereotype of the Asian Female Driver: I'm on the Caucasian team for this segment of the conversation. Next, we're at a light, waiting to turn left. Waiting. Upon the green arrow, we begin our counter-clockwise vector only to be forestalled by a mini-van, propelled and guided by an Asian female,patiently awaiting her own permissive signal. Sadly, her position was in the left-hand lane, directly in our course. End of argument.

Next True Story:

Every male with IQ < 170, age < 21, with whom I attended High School, has been involved in a motor vehicle accident, so far as I know. Call it Arrogance. Call it Testosterone. Call it a DUI. Whatever the label, impaling oneself in desolate surroundings is a fondness reserved for those expressing a y chromasome.

Finally,

Some women are better at many things than most men. Many men are better than most women at some things. Most people are better at some things than some people. Some people are worse at most things than most people.
    It is less important what you believe, than why you believe it.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
    True story. Driving in California with my bud, Clem. He's Chinese, grew up in Oklahoma. An argument ensues regarding the stereotype of the Asian Female Driver: I'm on the Caucasian team for this segment of the conversation. Next, we're at a light, waiting to turn left. Waiting. Upon the green arrow, we begin our counter-clockwise vector only to be forestalled by a mini-van, propelled and guided by an Asian female,patiently awaiting her own permissive signal. Sadly, her position was in the left-hand lane, directly in our course. End of argument.

Next True Story:

Every male with IQ < 170, age < 21, with whom I attended High School, has been involved in a motor vehicle accident, so far as I know. Call it Arrogance. Call it Testosterone. Call it a DUI. Whatever the label, impaling oneself in desolate surroundings is a fondness reserved for those expressing a y chromasome.

Finally,

Some women are better at many things than most men. Many men are better than most women at some things. Most people are better at some things than some people. Some people are worse at most things than most people.
    I drive a lot and must agree, you get both women and men making stupid mistakes.

The other day I almost made a very stupid mistake. I read a text message while I was driving and just in time saw the grill of the truck in front of me. I wouldn't do that again.

It takes only a fraction of second to make a mistake that can change a lifetime.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Post Thanks / Like

I drive a lot and must agree, you get both women and men making stupid mistakes.

The other day I almost made a very stupid mistake. I read a text message while I was driving and just in time saw the grill of the truck in front of me. I wouldn't do that again.

It takes only a fraction of second to make a mistake that can change a lifetime.
    That not only true, it would make a good movie, starring Will Smith, called "Seven Pounds". In CA, although it's illegal to use a phone while driving, I still see people doing it, all the time. In fact, I still do it. Why do we risk our lives to confirm our next picnic with the Wilsons?
    It is less important what you believe, than why you believe it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast