Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

El2004: Cheating,Lying, Whining

I am curious as to this particular election, as to which of the two bipartisan candidates takes the prize for A) most whining B) Most cheating and C) Most lying.

This encompasses campaign promises, accusations, responses to outside party comments, advertisements, and all the other what-have-you that makes elections so great.

So lock and load your critic musketts, hunt down all the proof you can find to incriminate the enemy or cover your own candidate's arse!

May the sleaziest candidate win!
    Fortunately, the darkest of darkness is not as terrible as we fear.
    Unfortunately, the lightest of light, all things good, are not so wonderful as we hope for them to be.
    What, then, is left, but various shades of grey neutrality? Where are the heroes and villains? All I see are people.

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like

Re: El2004: Cheating,Lying, Whining

Are we limiting this to Bush & Kerry?

If so, Bush wins. Hands down... if for no other reason that he was never really elected, but appointed by his buddies on the Supreme Court.

Supreme Court: "Nevermind that this is an election for the people and by the people. Nevermind that HALF A MILLION more people want Gore in office than Bush... let's appoint Bush because we owe his daddy and Reagan. Woohoo! Screw you, American voter! "

Bush also wins for "Least Responsibility Taken" by a president.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you can support that Zhav. Just because I know, doesn't mean that others do. Go fetch some evidence so people can't say "nuh uh." Same goes to any Bush supporters out there.
    Fortunately, the darkest of darkness is not as terrible as we fear.
    Unfortunately, the lightest of light, all things good, are not so wonderful as we hope for them to be.
    What, then, is left, but various shades of grey neutrality? Where are the heroes and villains? All I see are people.

Post Thanks / Like

Kerry definatly wins in the most complaining department, but hey, complaints are nessesary.
    "The essential act of war is destruction, not necessarily of human lives, but of the products of human labour. War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent." 1984, By George Orwell. Part 2: Chapter 9.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric
    Are we limiting this to Bush & Kerry?

If so, Bush wins. Hands down... if for no other reason that he was never really elected, but appointed by his buddies on the Supreme Court.

Supreme Court: "Nevermind that this is an election for the people and by the people. Nevermind that HALF A MILLION more people want Gore in office than Bush... let's appoint Bush because we owe his daddy and Reagan. Woohoo! Screw you, American voter! "

Bush also wins for "Least Responsibility Taken" by a president.
    Gore didn't win. It doesn't matter that 500,000 more voted for Gore. We have an electoral system in this country, that's meant to represent each state and area of political thought in this country somewhat equally, regardless of sheer population size. And the Supreme Court didn't "appoint" him, but simply decided against another recount. The Electoral College isn't going away anytime soon, which is fine with me, because in the vast majority of elections it works just fine.