Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Tylrock

Re: Loud subwoofers in cars - should be illegal

There are laws against noise over a certain loudness.

Additionally anyone who argues the 'they cant hear their surroundings' argument, deaf people are allowed to drive. No difference.

ODN Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tylrock View Post
    There are laws against noise over a certain loudness.
    Excellent point, but tell me how you make the jump from "is" to "ought to be."
    "And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped." ~ Monty Python

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladyphoenix View Post
    Excellent point, but tell me how you make the jump from "is" to "ought to be."
    Because loud noise infringes on other peoples rights to peace and quiet.

Would it be ok for me to park outside your bedroom window and blast opera music at it?

ODN Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

AAAHHHHHHHH! I know where YOU stand, Spotty. I'm asking the new member as his post lacks substance. Coming in and stating what is does not answer the question you've asked in your OP, which is "should x be illegal?" That it is doesn't equal that it should be. I'm just trying to get him to draw out his explanation some.
    "And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped." ~ Monty Python

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Hee hee.

Ok fair enough. I'll creep away stealthely, only to return and pounce at an unguarded moment.

EnfNoiseLaws

Abusers are supported by the stores and shops that sell the equipment, the salespeople, installers, manufacturers and artists, their producers who take their money. These abusers do not care and enjoy irritating people who have common sense and respect for each other. Your backyard, the beach, the park, your living room or bedroom- they are all fair game. Any day. Any night.

You will never see any of these people doing a good deed, be kind or selfless. Remember, they don't care AND they take pride in pushing that fact in your face. After all, it's their right! Someday, they will be deaf from noise exposure. Unfortunately, the problem will get worse before it gets better because as they go deaf they noise will get louder until their hearing fails.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnfNoiseLaws View Post
    You will never see any of these people doing a good deed, be kind or selfless.
    gen·er·al·i·za·tion
       /ˌdʒɛnərələˈzeɪʃən/ Show Spelled[jen-er-uh-luh-zey-shuhn] Show IPA
    –noun
    the act or process of generalizing.
    a result of this process; a general statement, idea, or principle.
    Logic .
    a.
    a proposition asserting something to be true either of all members of a certain class or of an indefinite part of that class.
    b.
    the process of obtaining such propositions.
    .::The Swindall::.

"...In the beginning, man created god"

Conway2013

There actually is a limit on it in some states, but the decibels are so high hardly anyone puts that kind of money into their stereos. I have subs, normally whenever its night, or i pull up to a stop sign or light, i do turn it down. I only blast on highways interstates and when stopped for a train. And if you havent been in a car to hear them, they are worth the money, if you calibrate them right, its a great feeling while driving down the road along with a complimentary back massage. If they are parked across the street, call the cops, Loitering, Disturbing the peace. And I assure you, if you call the cops and they roll up on them kids, it will only take seconds for that radio to go off or they head out. Nobody is going to blare subs with a police officer breathing down their neck, its not like its a constant thing. Do you constantly have someone blaring music down the highway and through towns following you? no its a rare occurance and normally doesnt last long. If it bothers you, roll your windows up turn up your radio and enjoy the free massage you get from their subs.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

"Rolling up your windows and turning your stereo louder" is hardly a legitimate defence.
    Its kinda like saying, if you don't want to be shot when gang wars are going on, buy some bullet proof clothes.
    haha

Regardless, when I describe "loud subwoofers" I'm referring to situations where the volume is such that it makes normal conversation in my own car difficult.
    Never mind, occaisionally having a car stopped picking someone else on my front street, with the volume of their sub so loud, it disturbs my reading, or movie watching, or dinner eating IN MY OWN HOUSE.

Such volume levels frankly (I believe) are intended to project ones taste and testosterone onto all others in the near vicinity.
    The Sparrow, Member of the God-Awful Atheist Syndicate

wesley

I personally think this subject is stupid I mean what if somebody came up to you about something you liked and took it from you you wouldnt like it and why does it matter anyways they dont pay your bills their bass doesnt forclose your house this is little matters and seriously if someone was having a heart attack right in the front of the store someones going to see her and get over it i mean you have things that irritate other people like nagging but do you stop no....

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

the you will be a hypocryte if you played loud opera

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

nagging hurts my ears
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSparrow View Post
    These things piss me off.
    Sometimes, waiting at a red light, some guy pulls up beside me with it just blaring. So loud it hurts MY ears.
    There should be a maximum level set, and those exceeding those levels heavily fined. I don't need to be bothered by your loud music.
    Suppose I put bullhorns on the top of my car and blared loud opera?

Discuss.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5