Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ODN Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obama Swine Flu Conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I'm not too fond of it. The flu is the only virus I've ever heard of that mutates every year and has what, 14 or more existing variations of it, some of which have no existing vaccine.
    What if I told you that HPV, the virus that has been linked to cervical cancer, had roughly 130 different strains...? What if I told you that of those 130 strains, NONE are curable? What if I told you that the vaccination that exists today prevents a whopping 7 strains of the 130 identified? What if I told you that 30-40 of those strains are sexually transmitted? What if I told you that an estimated 80% of women will have contracted at least one strain of HPV in their lives? Roughly 200,000 women die from cervical cancer every year, and most of those are caused by HPV infection... With more than 15 different strains of HPV known to lead to genital cancers, and less than half of them can be effectively vaccinated against, that's more than 100,000 deaths per year... How many people die from the flu every year? Fuzzy CDC estimates... maybe 36,000.

Does the Swine Flu really look THAT bad? Sure, I think it's something we should all know about and be aware of and protect against to the best of our ability. In most cases, reasonable human hygene is sufficient for preventing infection. But they CHOOSE to give THIS hype when there are much scarier things out there. You can wash your hands and prevent the spread of the flu virus. You can't wash your genitals and prevent the spread of at least 30 different strains of HPV... Think about that.
    "And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped." ~ Monty Python

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2