Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

You just won the presidency and...

I figured this would be a cool lil idea for a thread. I also figured that this would be the best forum to put this in..but if not one of you mods can go ahead and move it.

Anyway, I believe in the NWO/Illuminati/Shadow government deal. I'm pretty sure you guys have all heard the theories behind them and whatnot. If you have then you're aware of how they're supposedly plotting to take over the world in 2012 when the anti-christ pops up, and how they control major world events behind the scenes, including politics.

If you've never heard about them I'll link ya some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Wor...spiracy_theory)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_government (see alternative descriptions)

Now with that out of the way I'll begin. I was wondering what you guys would do if you just won the presidency and when you went up to give your speech, you got an order in your ear piece from one of the above groups. The order you received said the following "Tell these people everything they wanna hear. Act like you have all the answers. Win their trust and respect. We'll take care of the rest. After all we're the ones who really call the shots."

So, how would you guys react in that scenario?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: You just won the presidency and...

Firstly I'd be incredibly skeptical that they had any power at all. What with their massive incompetence in waiting till I'd won the election (which if they really had they had power they would have rigged for whoever would be the better puppet [not me]), and for then waiting untill I made an adress to the people, and not even giving me a new script. I'd instantly know that I was dealing with some dumb ass incompetents.

Secondly I'd give the exact same speech I planned on giving. I'd then continue as if it never happened bar the ongoing investigation in to how my security was so incompetent as well. I'd govern as I thought would be fit.

Thirdly I'd fire my security team and get a new one. I mean what the hell, people giving me secret messages? What's that all about? Not only are they letting people hijack contact of me without my express permission first they're letting incompetents hijack my transmission. I damn well need a new security force.
    -=]Eliotitus[=-
    "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future"- Oscar Wilde

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say whatever it was I was going to say in the first place. (Not that it would be all that likely different from what was instructed since that is pretty much the work of politicians.)

I'd consult with people I trusted and have known for a long time and form a plan to find out who the mysterious people were and how to best protect myself.

I don't think there are secret societies ruling the world and such. There are powerful people who are not elected officials and who the public neither knows nor understands. There are plenty of plots and plans people make to create influence or wealth for themselves and their allies.

But there are two factors that preclude the kinds of plots you indicate....

1. There are many competing interests for power and none of them manage to grab all that much control.

2. The act of exerting influence pretty much always leaves a bright trail that people can follow if they wish to. The more you pull the strings the easier the strings are to see and the easier it is to counteract them.

3. If you have true power, there isn't really a good reason to hide it.

4. There are no super human masterminds. People are people and people make lots of mistakes and often choose a less than optimal path. its unreasonable to assume any organization is as capable as these are imagined to be.

But the main argument against NWO etc....

1. Most of it can be traced back to acknowledged works of fiction and simply becomes "truth" as it is transmitted from mouth to ear over the years.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Infamous View Post
    I was wondering what you guys would do if you just won the presidency and when you went up to give your speech, you got an order in your ear piece from one of the above groups. The order you received said the following "Tell these people everything they wanna hear. Act like you have all the answers. Win their trust and respect. We'll take care of the rest. After all we're the ones who really call the shots."

So, how would you guys react in that scenario?
    I'd find out who the heck was talking in my ear piece.

If the Illuminati or whoever was really running the show, then they'd already have control over the President before he takes office - they'd be the ones selecting the candidate and making sure that he won.

So if I made it to the Presidency without the Illimunati controlling me, then some mysterious voice telling me that "they" are in control would not impress me much.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    I'd consult with people I trusted and have known for a long time and form a plan to find out who the mysterious people were and how to best protect myself.

If you found out who they were, would you out them?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

If you found out who they were, would you out them?
    I'd sell the story to the daily mail or some other fear-mongerer paper to keep them in buisness. I doubt very much such an organisation would be competent to a practical level without having already outed themselves.
    -=]Eliotitus[=-

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eliotitus View Post
    I'd sell the story to the daily mail or some other fear-mongerer paper to keep them in buisness. I doubt very much such an organisation would be competent to a practical level without having already outed themselves.
    The reason why I asked that question was because supposedly JFK was going to out them, but somehow they found out before he even got ready to do so and that's why he got killed. So if one of you were to say yes, I was going to ask how would you handle them threatening you life after outting them.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

The reason why I asked that question was because supposedly JFK was going to out them, but somehow they found out before he even got ready to do so and that's why he got killed. So if one of you were to say yes, I was going to ask how would handle them threatening you life after outting them.
    The same way all presidents deal with the many many people that are going to want them dead. Hire a decent security force (as I've said I've already fired the one that let them talk to me, let alone get a chance on my life). But also as I've said, I doubt were such an organisation to exist, that they'd have any other power than what they imagine themselves to have because they happen to know people in big places. They'd have to be incompetents to the point where they get nothing done rather than failing at it, working on a tiny scale or they'd be so good they'd already have me in with them by the time I became president. I do not think they'd have a chance at posing anymore of a threat to me than your other average Tom, Dick or Harry.
    -=]Eliotitus[=-

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

.I do not think they'd have a chance at posing anymore of a threat to me than your other average Tom, Dick or Harry.
    How do you figure this? An average Joe wouldn't be able to make the right kinda moves to get at the president like that. Not in the way JFK was handled at least.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

How do you figure this? An average Joe wouldn't be able to make the right kinda moves to get at the president like that. Not in the way JFK was handled at least.
    I don't think this organisation would be either based on all the information I have on them so far I'd think it was a few wackjobs who happened to get control of my earpiece through a lapse in security.
    -=]Eliotitus[=-

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    I'd find out who the heck was talking in my ear piece.
    What do you mean you'd find out? You'd already know it was somebody from one of the aforementioned groups because the president's aware that these guys run things.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think it was a few wackjobs who happened to get control of my earpiece through a lapse in security.
    The problem with this is that these wackjobs are the very same people that they always try and silence. Lots of conspiracy theorists are labeled wack jobs for researching matters like this. In saying that, wackjobs would be the very last group of people that would be able to find a loophole in their security.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean you'd find out? You'd already know it was somebody from one of the aforementioned groups because the president's aware that these guys run things.
    You didn't say that I was aware that these guys run everything in the OP (they are secret groups). And if they truly ran everything, then they run the presidency and for me to be the President means that I'm already one of their stooges so by that scenario I'd already be doing everything they said.

But I assume the scenario is that I'm not owned by them and therefore they don't run everything or else I wouldn't be President.

But the scenario, as I understand it, is that they don't own me so they are challenging my power and before I could even say "yes" or "no" to them, I'd need to learn a lot more about who they are. So again, I'd go find the person on the other side of the line.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't say that I was aware that these guys run everything in the OP (they are secret groups). And if they truly ran everything, then they run the presidency and for me to be the President means that I'm already one of their stooges so by that scenario I'd already be doing everything they said.
    I should have said that originally then. My bad. On that note, let's go ahead and factor that in.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I should have said that originally then. My bad. On that note, let's go ahead and factor that in.
    But then the question is:

Do they truly run everything?

If so, then they already own the Presidency and who holds the position and the scenario already has whoever is the President under their control. So obviously in that scenario I would already be under their control and the only question would be how obedient or rebellious I would be to my "masters". And I suppose the answer is it depends on what issue. If they want me to do what I was going to do anyway, then there's no problem with me following their wants.

If they want me to do something that I really do not want to do, then I have to decide to what extent I'm going to disobey them. But without giving me a specific scenario I can't give you an answer as to how rebellious I'd be.

On the other hand, if they had nothing to do with me gaining the Presidency and then told me they were "in charge", they're going to have a lot of difficulty. If they were really "in charge" then how did I get to be President without their say-so? That would show that they are not really all-powerful and can be disobeyed.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

But without giving me a specific scenario I can't give you an answer as to how rebellious I'd be.
    How about this one. Supposedly one of the plans of the NWO, illuminati, and/or shadow government is to send all of the US citizens to concentration camps for re-eduacation and to have a microchip implanted in them. This re-education of the masses will teach the US citizens to submit to their control. The microchip is supposedly the mark of the beast (666) mentioned in the bible in the book of revelations. However, the chip will be disguised as a benefit to all of America. All those who refuse the chip will be killed. Which will also benefit them because there will more than likely be a lot of people who refuse it. The more people that refuse it and get killed, the more easier it will be to control the remaining citizens.

After saying that here's the scenario. You have to somehow convince the US population that the chip will be beneficial to all of America, while knowing what the real intention of the chip is.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

After saying that here's the scenario. You have to somehow convince the US population that the chip will be beneficial to all of America, while knowing what the real intention of the chip is.
    Well, I'd hire the best PR firms to create a multi-million dollar ad campaign extolling the benefits of the "wonder-chip" and re-tool the financial system so that the chips become the sole method of purchasing so that no one may buy or sell without the "wonder-chip" and eventually create a law that makes it acapital offense to refuse to receive the chip.

Just kidding. Of course I wouldn't cooperate. Or perhaps I'd pretend to go along for a while and then blow the lid off of the whole thing at the right time - get the PR campaign going so that everyone knows about the "wonder chip" and then have a press conference where I tell everyone the real deal.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course I wouldn't cooperate. Or perhaps I'd pretend to go along for a while and then blow the lid off of the whole thing at the right time - get the PR campaign going so that everyone knows about the "wonder chip" and then have a press conference where I tell everyone the real deal.
    I'm pretty sure you'd be prepared to have your life taken right after you disclosed that info right?

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure you'd be prepared to have your life taken right after you disclosed that info right?
    If I got assassinated immediately afterward, I think it would prove to everyone that I was right and therefore it's doubtful I would be killed. My enemies would likely resort to "character assassination" instead - try to make it look like I'm incompetent and/or crazy and/or corrupt.

And even if my death was guaranteed, it would be a price I'm willing to pay. Wouldn't you sacrifice yourself to save the country or the world?

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

If I got assassinated immediately afterward, I think it would prove to everyone that I was right and therefore it's doubtful I would be killed. My enemies would likely resort to "character assassination" instead - try to make it look like I'm incompetent and/or crazy and/or corrupt.
    Good point.

And even if my death was guaranteed, it would be a price I'm willing to pay. Wouldn't you sacrifice yourself to save the country or the world?
    This is iffy. I say that because along with my death, I'm pretty sure my whole family would get it too. But then again, JFK was the only one they took out when he was supposedly about to out them. Anyway, if I knew beforehand that my family was gonna go along with me, then no. But if they just killed me then yes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast