Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did I start a trend with the "picture response"?

Oh yeah, I'm out of this thread. I have a feeling it won't do nothing but turn into a flame war LOL.

Peace.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

You get your wish. Ignore is now on.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's safe to say that LI blew his hand - me -down rep from Clive on this thread.
    Nun, Volk, steh' auf, und Sturm, brich' los!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

..:: ( Comtesse ) ::..

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Infamous View Post
    Wasn't 4-chan a chat sever or something? Seems like it was although I can't remember.
    It's a message board. Think of a vast ocean of sh*t, populated by Zhavrics raised to the power of douche.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CliveStaples View Post
    It's a message board. Think of a vast ocean of sh*t, populated by Zhavrics raised to the power of douche.
    Lmfao.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

You know what I find funny about just about all of you. You guys swear up and down you're "the best of the best" in what you guys do. Yet it took a damn MOVIE..one more time. M-O-V-I-E for me to change my perception on homosexuals. What does that mean? It means that the bullsh!t you guys take pride in writing wouldn't have moved me.
    No it doesn't. It means we're playing chess with someone that doesn't understand the rules. You can craft the best trap in the world, play the most artfully crafted tactics that would trump any player, but when they put their piece to the end and say "king me" without realising anything’s wrong it really doesn't matter...

In fact, it rarely does. How bout one of yall say something compelling for once. Ya know? Something interesting, refreshing etc etc. So far all you've attempted to do is hop on my sack and REFUSE to jump off it. Here's another thing that's funny.
    Compelling is something entirely subjective. If we bore you so much you don't have to read our posts...

EVERY single damn day you guys love to express how I'm this annoyance. But you continue to spew all your BS at me. Try this:

PUT ME ON IGNORE IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME!!!

But ya don't. And since you don't, it makes me believe you guys just like smack talking for the hell of it.
    If a suitable target presents himself... You're not on ignore because you amuse me.

As far as the members you named goes well I've never really interacted with Trendem. GP..lol is..ineffectual. Allo every once in awhile is effectual. Here lately some more of you guys have been saying interesting things, but until more of you do, I'm just gonna skim your posts and post a reply to a post, that was halfway interesting. Which is what I've done for awhile now.
    If a debater is judged good on the basis of the numbers he/she can influence then you are alone in regarding him incompetent.

Lastly, what I get a kick out of the most is how one minute you guys hate, then the next minute you guys somewhat encourage. "LI you're stupid" "You make some damn good impressions" "LI you can't spell" "LI you're a pretty smart guy".
    That would be because the intent is to guide you in to being a good debater. You know tell you where and when you're wrong but also where and when you're right. The inconsistency is simply evidence that this "hate group" you think is following you round waiting for you to trip up simply doesn't exist. I'm sorry to disappoint your egocentrism LI but we don't have secret meetings in which we discuss how to oust you from the site or which posts of yours to neg rep so we can get away with it.

^^That's pure entertainment. One minute you fault find and make ABSURD accusations (me not being able to spell is a prime example) then the next minute reality kicks in and you go "LI's not dumb afterall"
    Once again, trying to make you better commenting on the good you post WITH the bad...

Also do you really want to embarrass yourself and have me trawl through the grammar and spelling in that post

It's funny to me. And it will probably always remain that way until you do 1 of 3 things. Which are:

1. Put me on ignore
    2. Stick to your impression that I'm lmfao.."dumb" (which will only prove how much you guys really like to hate for the hell of it, seeing as I'm a pretty smart dude; never claimed to be an academic genius but I'm smart nonetheless) or 3

Move on and realize that it makes ZERO sense to keep trying to talk to somebody you deem dumb and annoying. That's what I would do.
    That's because you lack the capacity to empathise with anyone’s position but your own.

Just one last thing LI, learn the god damn rules of chess before you challenge people to matches of it and then complain when you think they suck... (and yes that was a metaphor just in case you hadn’t worked it out)
    -=]Eliotitus[=-
    "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future"- Oscar Wilde

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eliotitus View Post
    No it doesn't. It means we're playing chess with someone that doesn't understand the rules. You can craft the best trap in the world, play the most artfully crafted tactics that would trump any player, but when they put their piece to the end and say "king me" without realising anything’s wrong it really doesn't matter...
    Wrong. It means that what you're saying doesn't amount to sh!t. A majority of the time when I'm reading your little paragraphs I'm sitting there like "...Uh...yeah...right.....uh-huh...ummm..suuuuuuuuure....ok". Now, there are times when you guys do say some things that are interesting. But they're few and far between. Again, here lately you guys have been writing things that capture my attention. These people know who they are so there's no need to name them.

Compelling is something entirely subjective. If we bore you so much you don't have to read our posts...
    And if I'm such a irritant you don't have to talk to me.

If a suitable target presents himself... You're not on ignore because you amuse me.

If a debater is judged good on the basis of the numbers he/she can influence then you are alone in regarding him incompetent.
    So.

That would be because the intent is to guide you in to being a good debater. You know tell you where and when you're wrong but also where and when you're right. The inconsistency is simply evidence that this "hate group" you think is following you round waiting for you to trip up simply doesn't exist. I'm sorry to disappoint your egocentrism LI but we don't have secret meetings in which we discuss how to oust you from the site or which posts of yours to neg rep so we can get away with it.
    Hahahahahaha yeah right. The fact that you guys made that goddamn thread titled "So LI got the boot" clearly proves that you guys just LOVE to keep my name circulating throughout this damn board. Whether or not there was hate in that thread is irrelevant, what IS relevant is that you kept my name circulating. You guys claim I'm an attention whore (which I'm not but of course you don't believe me) and that I love to be in the spotlight. Because of that you guys think I'm annoying. Yet for some reason or another you guys make threads like the aforementioned. LOL makes no sense.

Once again, trying to make you better commenting on the good you post WITH the bad...
    LOL that's one of the BEST parts about being here. You guys continue and continue to try get through to me but you're all INEFFECTIVE AS HELL. This means that..W-H-A-T Y-O-U-R-E S-A-Y-I-N-G I-S-I-N-T-W-O-R-T-H-T-H-I-N-K-I-N-G-A-B-O-U-T. I find it HIGHLY entertaining that you guys haven't figured out yet that I'm going about things the way I see fit. In all honesty, I don't need to be made better by you guys. I'll explain why (even though I've already said this before)

Ok, at the other forum I was at people actually liked talking to me, didn't try to downplay my intellect (like you guys do) and WANTED to see me in their debate forums because they knew that if I really wanted to, I could bring it. So when I finally decided to do so, I bought some books on arguments. However, I wind up getting banned before I could ever participate in their forums, and I lost interest in reading them. Before I came to ODN I started reading them again but not much. Now that I'm here, I'm of course reading them more often. In other words, I have my own sources to consult. I mean, I'd like to (and have) consult you guys but when you guys like to downplay my intellect, accuse me of not being able to spell, and give me neg reps just because it's fun well...it becomes hard to respect people like that.

What I'd like to reiterate though is this:

Those other guys at that other board, didn't INTENTIONALLY fault find like you guys do and make up total lies. Me not being able to spell is a prime example of the lies you guys make up. Of course we all make typos, but do I REALLY type like I'm a pre-schooler? Those other guys, didn't like to screw with me like you guys do. I remember one time I had gotten a neg rep because the member said that it was fun giving them to me. That was a deliberate attempt to piss me off for the hell of it. Those other people KNEW I had interesting things to say. Those other people didn't DOWNPLAY my intellect like you guys just love to do. LOL I mean you guys seriously think I'm dumb and it's hilarious and pathetic at the same time. You guys don't really know who you're talking to. You're talking to a guy who:

In the 5th grade was a runner up in a national second annual invention convention. I got to fly out to Kansas City to compete with the other kids through out the nation to determine who had the best invention. Again, I was a runner up so obviously I didn't win, but the fact of the matter is I was recognized.

In the 7th grade when I had all my skills evaluated, they determined I had the vocab of a 12th grader.

In 10th grade when my English class had to do the essay test, I scored a 4. I'm pretty sure you know that essays are scored on a scale of 1-6. Now is 4 the best of the best? Of course not. But it's competent.

Side note: I tried to find a explanation of each score on google. There were no websites except for one where they explained the scored via a pdf file. So if you wanna look at it, you'll have to have adobe reader.

http://uwf.edu/learningcenter/documents/ClastEssay.pdf

The descriptions can be found on page 5.

Also in the 10th grade, the teacher had told me that I should be in advanced English and that I had no business in the regular English class.

Am I bragging? HELL YEAH. Only because you guys put me in this position. And of course, I'm probably gonna get neg repped for it but oh well. Again, you guys put me in this position. For the simple fact that ALL you guys do is downplay my intellect. And of course, you guys probably won't believe any of that crap I just said, but oh well. I know the truth and that's what matters.

Also do you really want to embarrass yourself and have me trawl through the grammar and spelling in that post
    Says the guy who left out the question mark at the end of that sentence. Speaking of sentence, the sentence I just wrote is a matrix-sentence. Do you how that is? Do you even know what matrix-sentence is?

That's because you lack the capacity to empathise with anyone’s position but your own.
    Wrong.

Just one last thing LI, learn the god damn rules of chess before you challenge people to matches of it and then complain when you think they suck... (and yes that was a metaphor just in case you hadn’t worked it out)

In closing, this is ENOUGH. I'm here to stay. Get over it. Point blank. Period. The end. All this is REALLY getting old. And I KNOW..(or at least I hope I'm not) I'm not the only one who feels this way.

P.S. Before you judge me take a look at yourselves. You guys obviously have some work to do when you address topics to debate. Perhaps you guys should debate things a tad more tangible. I had gotten a rep for a thread in the social issues forum by castle. Here it is:

"Castle agrees: Good topic; nice to see something "real" here once in a while"

When he had given me that rep I had asked him this question on his profile:

Lord Infamous
    May 13th, 2009 04:22 AM
    Lord Infamous
    Yo when you gave this positive rep with the following comment:

"Castle agrees: Good topic; nice to see something "real" here once in a while"

Did you mean you were glad to see something real from "me", or within that forum?

Peace.

His answer was as follows:

Castle
    Within the forum. My feeling is that many of the issues we debate are abstract philosophy, which are pretty intellectually, but not really grounded in reality. You connected your thread topic well with real-world experiences, and as a current high-schooler, I can relate to many of the issues you raise.

Again, perhaps you guys wanna debate things more tangible. But of course, the suggestions and opinions from an annoying, dumb, attention whore shouldn't be considered.

Oh and btw, eli you're on ignore now. You mad?
    Last edited by Lord Infamous; July 12th, 2009 at 08:49 PM.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, I'm out of this thread. I have a feeling it won't do nothing but turn into a flame war LOL.

Peace.
    Thanks for your maturity and self-discipline.

Oh wait...
    Trendem

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trendem View Post
    Thanks for your maturity and self-discipline.

Oh wait...
    Did you see any flames though?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I'm aware LI has me on ignore but I'm writing a response anyway.

Wrong. It means that what you're saying doesn't amount to sh!t. A majority of the time when I'm reading your little paragraphs I'm sitting there like "...Uh...yeah...right.....uh-huh...ummm..suuuuuuuuure....ok".
    Because you refuse to recognise the fundamentals of debate. You show complete contempt for almost anyone pointing out logical fallacies, you construct posts in reply to people assuming they're angry and responding only with your silly little "You mad?" picture rather than the points raised. It's all very well and good thinking "...Uh...yeah...right.....uh-huh...ummm..suuuuuuuuure....ok" but you have to be able to back that up. It appears your efforts to do so are minimal at best.

Now, there are times when you guys do say some things that are interesting. But they're few and far between. Again, here lately you guys have been writing things that capture my attention. These people know who they are so there's no need to name them.
    So why start the threads focused entirely on your hopeless sence of narcissm simply so you can rally the "LI flame squad" you seem to think exists and then say you're bowing out of a thread about 6 times to avoid flaming before it finally does get closed for flaming. If these threads don't interest you why on earth do you keep engaging us.

And if I'm such a irritant you don't have to talk to me.
    I already told you, you don't irritate me, you amuse me. If I were wholly apathetic towards you I'd simply gloss over your posts, but I'm not, so I read them.

How cute

So.
    If how good a debater is is judged on the influence they hold over others GP kicks your ass left right and centre (as well as most people) simply through virtue of influencing nearly everyone but you.

Hahahahahaha yeah right. The fact that you guys made that goddamn thread titled "So LI got the boot" clearly proves that you guys just LOVE to keep my name circulating throughout this damn board. Whether or not there was hate in that thread is irrelevant, what IS relevant is that you kept my name circulating. You guys claim I'm an attention whore (which I'm not but of course you don't believe me) and that I love to be in the spotlight. Because of that you guys think I'm annoying. Yet for some reason or another you guys make threads like the aforementioned. LOL makes no sense.
    In what way was any of that relevant to what I just said? Straw-man... What's more insofar as I recall I didn't participate in that thread.

LOL that's one of the BEST parts about being here. You guys continue and continue to try get through to me but you're all INEFFECTIVE AS HELL. This means that..W-H-A-T Y-O-U-R-E S-A-Y-I-N-G I-S-I-N-T-W-O-R-T-H-T-H-I-N-K-I-N-G-A-B-O-U-T.
    Which is why you will always fail insofar as debating skill is concerned. If you consider a position irrelevant before you even engage it then nothing will change your mind. Ever. You don't regard positions worth thinking about because you don't understand them, as proved by the HUGE strawman you just concoted in the previous bit of response to me. It doesn't matter how good or bad debaters we are, it's very relevant that you completely ignore us because as you say, according to you we're not worth thinking about. You don't think about it how on earth is anyone going to change your position.

I find it HIGHLY entertaining that you guys haven't figured out yet that I'm going about things the way I see fit.
    No we worked that out that's why we keep engaging you in threads like this one. I have no intention to "hate" on you, I have every intention to try and explain why the way you see fit does not constitute debate.

In all honesty, I don't need to be made better by you guys. I'll explain why (even though I've already said this before)

Ok, at the other forum I was at people actually liked talking to me, didn't try to downplay my intellect (like you guys do) and WANTED to see me in their debate forums because they knew that if I really wanted to, I could bring it. So when I finally decided to do so, I bought some books on arguments. However, I wind up getting banned before I could ever participate in their forums, and I lost interest in reading them. Before I came to ODN I started reading them again but not much. Now that I'm here, I'm of course reading them more often. In other words, I have my own sources to consult. I mean, I'd like to (and have) consult you guys but when you guys like to downplay my intellect, accuse me of not being able to spell, and give me neg reps just because it's fun well...it becomes hard to respect people like that.
    I don't accusse you of not being able to spell in general, I'm just saying that your posts contain spelling errors. That's fine so do mine. I don't give you neg reps because it's fun I give them to you when you make piss poor posts, for instance I have not neg-repped you in this thread because although I believe you're wrong your posts aren't unbearably illogical. Enjoy your books on logic but when people reference fallacies you haven't heard of, or apply logic in ways you haven't seen before doesn't mean they're wrong because you're so awesome and widely read so the other person isn't worth thinking about...

What I'd like to reiterate though is this:

Those other guys at that other board, didn't INTENTIONALLY fault find like you guys do and make up total lies. Me not being able to spell is a prime example of the lies you guys make up. Of course we all make typos, but do I REALLY type like I'm a pre-schooler?
    I never said you did, all I said was you had misspelt words in your posts.

Those other guys, didn't like to screw with me like you guys do. I remember one time I had gotten a neg rep because the member said that it was fun giving them to me. That was a deliberate attempt to piss me off for the hell of it.
    I recall the event and as I recall the post was nigh on spam anyway.

Those other people KNEW I had interesting things to say. Those other people didn't DOWNPLAY my intellect like you guys just love to do. LOL I mean you guys seriously think I'm dumb and it's hilarious and pathetic at the same time. You guys don't really know who you're talking to. You're talking to a guy who:
    Well this should be fun...

In the 5th grade was a runner up in a national second annual invention convention. I got to fly out to Kansas City to compete with the other kids through out the nation to determine who had the best invention. Again, I was a runner up so obviously I didn't win, but the fact of the matter is I was recognized.
    Aged 10... yay 5th grade.

In the 7th grade when I had all my skills evaluated, they determined I had the vocab of a 12th grader.
    I have a vocabulary in normal talk that I need to explain it to most adults. I mean seriously, how many people do you know that use lethologica in standard conversation without realising the other person isn't likely to know what it is. But really on both our parts I'm getting a big dose of "so what?"

In 10th grade when my English class had to do the essay test, I scored a 4. I'm pretty sure you know that essays are scored on a scale of 1-6. Now is 4 the best of the best? Of course not. But it's competent.
    Actually I have no idea how the American grading system works but I dropped English last year achieving an A borderline A* in both literature and language, this again amounts to so what...

Side note: I tried to find a explanation of each score on google. There were no websites except for one where they explained the scored via a pdf file. So if you wanna look at it, you'll have to have adobe reader.

http://uwf.edu/learningcenter/documents/ClastEssay.pdf

The descriptions can be found on page 5.

Also in the 10th grade, the teacher had told me that I should be in advanced English and that I had no business in the regular English class.
    And I've been doing GCSE (Key Stage 4) and AS level maths since I was 11 (At which point you are still Key Stage 2), big fricking woop. None of this is relevant to debate...

Am I bragging? HELL YEAH. Only because you guys put me in this position.
    Your academic record leaves much to be desired. Let's take a quick scan of mine by comparison (and again I emphasise that all of this is completely irrelevant to both you and everyone else on this site, arguments should be taken at their own merits sake):

School captain of debate
    Captain of School House
    4A*s 5As and 2Bs and GCSE level (national average 5 A*s-C)
    Undertaking an extended project equivalent to an AS level in addition to 4 AS levels
    Teaching myself ancient Greek
    School prize winner at GCSE in Classical Civilisation (my school has over 90% A*s at GCSE in this subject)
    Member of YG&T programme ( http://ygt.dcsf.gov.uk/ )
    School prefect

Some of this stuff will mean nothing to you, but all of it is evidence of my academic capability. The best you can come up with is you were told you had a good vocabulary before you even hit your teens and despite the fact you were getting 4s out of 6 your teacher "thought" but never acted upon you being moved up in English. If you think academic credentials are anything to go on I trounce you up and down if that's all you've got, fortunatley for you, they're all meaningless...

And of course, I'm probably gonna get neg repped for it but oh well. Again, you guys put me in this position.
    I have no intention to neg rep you... I think the moment you brought up academic credentials with "I got a 4 in English once and my vocabulary is real good" on a site where people are studying for PhDs is more than enough punishment.

For the simple fact that ALL you guys do is downplay my intellect. And of course, you guys probably won't believe any of that crap I just said, but oh well. I know the truth and that's what matters.
    If that's what matters WHY ARE YOU ON A DEBATE SITE? The entire point is to win people to your position and have your false ones rectified. You have intentions of neither given you immediatley dismiss foreign positions as not worth thinking about and evidently stand no chance of gaining the respect neccesary to swing views carrying on the way you are... Also I have no intention to downplay your intellect

Says the guy who left out the question mark at the end of that sentence.
    I never said I had immaculate grammar and spelling. I was simply being pedantic in pointing out that if I wanted to I could find error with your spelling quite happily. On the contrary I'm dyslexic I do not expect my grammar or spelling to be immaculate. I'm simply saying that if I wished I could find errors in your spelling...

Speaking of sentence, the sentence I just wrote is a matrix-sentence. Do you how that is? Do you even know what matrix-sentence is?
    Do please tell me what the two combined clauses in that sentence were then. If you're going to be condescending about my knowledge of sentance structure at least know what you're talking about. All you did was create a sentence fragment, which, while being a technically incorrect use of grammar is often used in colloquial speech so there's nothing inherently wrong with it. I wouldn't have even pointed it out had you not tried to be clever about your knowledge of English (which was year 7 [aged 11] English for me) so badly...

Also could someone please send this part if nothing else to him to make sure he sees it?

Wrong.
    And yet still you seem to think I don't want you on the site and should ignore you. I have perfectly good reasons for wanting you on the site, you amuse me. This doesn't seem good enough for you... Evidently you still are completely incapable of emphasising with my opinions. Do please pay attention to the quote in your own sig.

Cute but no 'fraid not. If you're mere existance pissed me off (which given this is an online forum and you're someone I don't know and never will is quite pathetic) I wouldn't talk to you...

In closing, this is ENOUGH. I'm here to stay. Get over it. Point blank. Period. The end. All this is REALLY getting old. And I KNOW..(or at least I hope I'm not) I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    And again you prove your lack of understanding with regard to what I think of your continued presence. I WANT you to stay, I invite you to stay, your existance and motives are an enigma to me and I'm interested to work out why you are still here. I'm of the opinion it would be far to easy to simply accept your presence here as attention whoreing and move on. I may well be wrong but even if I am then you interest me for now none the less...

P.S. Before you judge me take a look at yourselves. You guys obviously have some work to do when you address topics to debate. Perhaps you guys should debate things a tad more tangible. I had gotten a rep for a thread in the social issues forum by castle. Here it is:
    If you want to debate the tangible go ahead. I agree it was an interesting topic, I didn't rep you on that thread sherely because you're OP was a little on the under-substantive side...

Oh and btw, eli you're on ignore now. You mad?
    No, I'm really not...
    -=]Eliotitus[=-
    "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future"- Oscar Wilde

c4e4ever

I am new at this, but I like your style, as far as I know, this is meant to be a debate, seeing that we are on "Shootin' the breeze", I suppose I am allowed to share my opinions.
    To quote you, "Move on and realize that it makes ZERO sense to keep trying to talk to somebody you deem dumb and annoying. That's what I would do." Why do you keep talking to these "dumb" people on the ODN site?
    Just asking, help me if I'm out of place?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c4e4ever View Post
    I am new at this, but I like your style, as far as I know, this is meant to be a debate, seeing that we are on "Shootin' the breeze", I suppose I am allowed to share my opinions.
    To quote you, "Move on and realize that it makes ZERO sense to keep trying to talk to somebody you deem dumb and annoying. That's what I would do." Why do you keep talking to these "dumb" people on the ODN site?
    ...huh? Well, out of just what you're saying, he's recommending the advice to someone else - he didn't define his opponent as dumb.
    Nun, Volk, steh' auf, und Sturm, brich' los!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

..:: ( Comtesse ) ::..

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c4e4ever View Post

Shooting the Breeze is where people usually don't debate. They share opinions but usually are not interested in defending those opinions vehemently.

What LordInfamous was saying is that he gets bored or annoyed with what some people write here on ODN, not that they are dumb.

I will explain this in more detail on your profile though.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Even though I'm sure this thread is a source of much amusement, some things just are not worth the attention. There is no level of reasoning that could possibly convince someone so determined to be attention-whore, not to be one. So let's leave it. Forget it and talk about far more meaningful things, because most of us, have much better things to be doing than playing to the village idiot's fiddle. He has me ignore, so this isn't meant to flame him any way, just saying; some things are not worth taking the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that I missed all the fun but a couple of things jumped out at me..

Has your vocabulary steadily declined since the 7th grade until you reached the point you are at now, or was it more of a drastic and recent change? I'm sorry but the vocabulary you use is closer to that of a 7th grade then 12th. But I'm sure you'll say you dumb yourself down because you're too good to actively participate in all of this dumb debating, despite the fact that you have 500+ posts.

The fact that you remember this is truly saddening.
    "I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President."
    Dubya

Post Thanks / Like

Lord Infamous disagrees: Fail.
    you mad.
    "I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President."
    Dubya

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cdubs View Post
    you mad.
    Wow, LI must be on a negging trip lol...

Last three posts that was made was neg'd

Even neg'd me saying in the neg something that was totally irrelevant to the post, then said he was being sarcastic lol

Even neg'd the post I quoted here, when cdubs pulled an LI with the 'you mad' freaking funny as hell..
    Show me the government that does not infringe upon anyone's rights, and I will no longer call myself an anarchist.~Jacob Halbrooks
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.~Benjamin Franklin
    "Go big or Go home"~ LoLo Bean

ODN's Crotchety Old Man

Post Thanks / Like

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

You know what I find funny about just about all of you. You guys swear up and down you're "the best of the best" in what you guys do.
    Perhaps this is a part of the problem...it doesn't appear that you pay attention to what is being written. Everyone at times, "spaces" it and misreads the argument, I certainly do at times. But it would appear that maybe you do it quite a bit, and on what should be, pretty simple points being made.

Your above statement is patently incorrect. No one pronounced themselves "the best"...they claimed that there were debaters OTHER than themselves were were skilled debaters. That is all.

It would seem then, that in order to get attention, you have to call out yourself somehow (like you misunderstood others to be doing)...whereas if one truly has skill...they don't have to say anything, their actions/skills will speak for themselves, and other people will notice it and acknowledge it (like what has happened here with other debaters acknowledging other debaters).

Yet it took a damn MOVIE..one more time. M-O-V-I-E for me to change my perception on homosexuals. What does that mean?
    Well, that's great that Brokeback Mountain made you decide to go camping with other guys and be open to the possibilities of "cuddle time" near an open fire with dudes. But I'd submit that perhaps you haven't changed a position often here because of the situation posted above...that is, you may not be fully comprehending what is being said.

Lastly, it's false that you haven't changed your mind about anything. I personally have made you do such a thing on homosexuality, ending a 7 page debate.

Apok: LI's form here in his reasoning, is fallacious.

He's essentially saying here, that racism is immoral because some racists committed murder. Obviously, a highly flawed conclusion.

It's saying...

Women with blonde hair have committed murder. Therefore blonde haired women are immoral.

That's the logic being employed here, and it is invalid.

Lord Infamous This makes sense. FINALLY I understand how I was wrong. Congrats to apok for being the first member ever to have made a point that I actually deemed worthy of thinking about. I now concede this debate
    http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/s...843#post385843

You went on to explain how every time prior to this concession, you only did so to get out of the debate, you were tired of debating the same person, and this was the first time that you've been caused to rethink your position.

So it would appear that 1) maybe you need a little more focus before you post, making sure you fully understand what is being written and 2) that you were in error that you have not changed your mind from a discussion at ODN. Obviously, it has influenced.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast