Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ODN's Crotchety Old Man

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving

To all my friends here at ODN, I wish you and yours the happiest of holidays and a very joyful Thanksgiving. As corny as it sounds, this is a special time reserved for showing gratitude for the good things in life. Whether Godly or Godless, I think everyone here can think of a thing or two they're happy to have.

I'm grateful for my wife and kids. I'd be nothing without them. They are the light of my days. I've been a parent for 15 years and I have better kids than I deserve. They are all good-hearted and happy. It's never work spending time with them. I've been married to my wife for six years and her ability to stay with me in spite of myself is a testament to her love for me. I've been all over the U.S. and Europe with my wife and I had never been out of Texas more than thrice in my life up until then. She pulled me out of my shell. She's fantastic.

I'm grateful for my job and all the things that come with it. I'm not a highly educated man and I've been very fortunate to make good money on a mediocre brain.

I'm grateful for my health. I've always been somewhat naturally fit and reasonably free of illness.

I am grateful to live in a world that allows me to interact so candidly with folks I would never otherwise meet. From right up the road in Waco, all the way to Sydney Australia, it is great fun and a greater privilege to know and dialog with each of you.

Thanks for the lessons.

Eric a.k.a. Godlesspagan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Same to you GP, and to everyone on the site. A very merry Happy Thanksgiving to you all! This is one of the few commonly recognized holidays in the US that we Aggies and Athies can fully endorse without being hypocrits! :*

big hugs to you all!

|)| |)|
    Last edited by PallidaMors; November 25th, 2004 at 08:35 AM.
    We took risks. We knew we took them. Things have come out against us. We have no cause for complaint. Scott, found in his diary after the party froze in Antarctica

ODN's Crotchety Old Man

Post Thanks / Like

Bump

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
    This is my favorite Holiday of them all..My father is a pretty grouchy man,but growing up I always knew he would be happy on Thanksgiving(He REALLY likes to eat)My favorite family memories usually revolve around Thanksgiving.
    I have many reasons to give thanks this year, more than any one person deserves.
    I hope your Holiday season is filled with laughter,love & PEACE.
    God Bless all of you (even all my favorite Aggies and Athies) If that offends or you prefer, I send Blessings from Grabzor.
    Love you all.
    MJ..Tink

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godlesspagan
    I am grateful to live in a world that allows me to interact so candidly with folks I would never otherwise meet. From right up the road in Waco, all the way to Sydney Australia, it is great fun and a greater privilege to know and dialog with each of you.

Thanks for the lessons.

Eric a.k.a. Godlesspagan
    I'm grateful to know you too GP. Happy Thanksgiving.