Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77
  1. #1
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Somebody, anybody, please explain this to me. Because I'm about to puke, and I really don't want to. So please tell me why this shouldn't make me wretch.

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ito-japan.html
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth." - Ronald Reagan

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jimmyville
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    If I was Obama, I would troll the planet by not only bowing to the emperor, but even regular people who just happen to be around.

    This is really not a big deal. It's a pleasantry, and I doubt Obama goes to sleep thinking, "One day, I hope the US will be as great as Japan. I'm glad the emperor knows that the America is at his service."
    DITTA ARTIGIANA BUDRIO / F.MENAGLIO

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    If Obama, at any time during his presidency, would have shown any sort of backbone and pride for America and the great accomplishments made by our country, I would not view this as anything but a courtesy. But, because he has time and time again apologized for America and her "indiscretions", and has yet to show any sign of strength and love for what America stands for in his foreign affairs, I feel this was just more of the same. It is very symbolic of his administration and his view of America. He is doing all he can to show that America is no longer a "bully" in the world and just another country in what he hopes will be his eventual new world order. I am embarrassed. He should show pride for what America was, is, and will continue to be. A beacon of freedom for the rest of the world to look up to. A Beacon of strength for others to lean on. America is not the norm in this world. We are the abnormal in this world, and that is what makes us so great! And this president wants to do everything to make us like everyone else. So in short Evensaul, I couldn't agree more, this president makes me sick.

    And for you critics out there, yes, I think it is fair to state all this from one bow because of his track record leading up to it.

  4. #4
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Who gives a damn?

    Seriously.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." --Voltaire

  5. #5
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    According to Christians, just south of heaven
    Posts
    1,723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Jesus H. Christ. I don't get why people get their panties in such a silly bunch over such a thing.

    1. It was a deep bow but it was only a scant second. It's not like he bowed deeply and then held it. IF he had THAT would have been a bow that said, "I have greatly wronged you and am completely at your mercy."

    2. The American President was being very gracious and very respectful. It was not necessary for him to bow so deeply but it was a sign of great respect toward the Japanese ruler which could be viewed as customary.

    Past American administrations have really botched our image globally. So I find it rather professional and necessary that our current President has the balls to "play nice" instead of acting like the "new sheriff in town".

    Furthermore, the emperor is much older than Obama and as such it is NOT out of line for Obama to bow deeply to him for that reason alone....not to mention the guy is THE leader of Japan.

    The fact of the matter is that Japanese people do not hold outsiders to their standards. You are not expected to know or follow their ways. But it is greatly appreciated, and I know from experience, when you as the Westerner have bothered to trouble yourself with their customs and participate.

    Lastly, if you want to blast Obama about anything.....it should be the fact that he fell about 2-3 seconds short of the duration that he should have held the bow. It's NOT a sign of humility on Obama's part to bow that deeply. This is what is often thought by people that really don't know a thing about Japanese culture. It's was nothing more than a sign of deep appreciation or deep respect.

    Kudos to Obama for being such a great example to Westerners that are too busy crying "We're the greatest nation ever all you assholes should bow to us."

    In Heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here.

    Rogue Cardinal, Member of the God-Awful Atheist Syndicate


  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    I do, Seriously. Obama represents the United States and its people. How he is perceived is how our country is perceived. When he is seen as weak and feeble, we are seen as the same. That is not good when we are at war and there seems to be a thwarted terrorist plot on a monthly basis nowadays. Its called pride.

    ---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    "We're the greatest nation ever all you assholes should bow to us."
    Damn ****ing straight.

    There is nothing wrong with showing humility, humbleness, and respect for other cultures, but there is def. something wrong when underneath that you don't have pride and respect for your own country and people. He (and his wife) has very little pride in America and he shows it every time he goes overseas. I for one am sick of it.

  7. #7
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldPhoenix View Post
    Who gives a damn?

    Seriously.
    Seconded. What's up with the constant fixation by some people on who Obama bows to? First it was the Saudi King, and now the Japanese Emperor. It's just a bow, people. In some cultures, it is simply a sign of respect and courtesy, and doesn't signify inferiority.

    It is silly to think that just because America is powerful, it should prance around in a haughty manner and show no humility to any other world leader. That is what makes America hated in other countries.

    Obama is showing a keen sense of diplomacy here. A leader of an inferior country would not think, "Oh, Obama is bowing to me, that means America is afraid of my country!" Of course not; rather, they would be pleasantly surprised at Obama's humility and be that much more predisposed to cooperate with Obama's plans and initiatives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutti
    When he is seen as weak and feeble, we are seen as the same. That is not good when we are at war and there seems to be a thwarted terrorist plot on a monthly basis nowadays. Its called pride.
    Right, because terrorists who see him bowing will think, "Obama bowed to some foreign royalty! This means I can go and bomb some buildings in America without consequence because Obama will be too soft to do anything!"
    Trendem

  8. #8
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    According to Christians, just south of heaven
    Posts
    1,723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutti View Post
    I do, Seriously. Obama represents the United States and its people. How he is perceived is how our country is perceived. When he is seen as weak and feeble, we are seen as the same. That is not good when we are at war and there seems to be a thwarted terrorist plot on a monthly basis nowadays. Its called pride.
    No.....it's called ignorance. There is nothing that he has done that makes him perceived as weak or feeble. He was respectful. Nothing more, nothing less.

    There have been terrorists plots since the dawn of man. what just because the media is better today you think the problem is worse? Seriously? There have been terrorists plots in this country on this country for years and years and years.





    ---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

    Damn ****ing straight.
    And thought processes like that are exactly why we have to deal with terrorists. We go around the world acting like assholes and telling everyone we are so great.....someone is bound to get tired of it and rebel at some point.

    There is nothing wrong with showing humility, humbleness, and respect for other cultures, but there is def. something wrong when underneath that you don't have pride and respect for your own country and people. He (and his wife) has very little pride in America and he shows it every time he goes overseas. I for one am sick of it.
    That is B.S. pure and simple. The man loves this country and is doing what he thinks is good common courtesy. The fact that he could be so kind and respectful to another human being and show very good etiquette gives me pride and respect for the man I voted for.

    It's our little cowboy that ruined our reputation. It's gonna take a lot of ass kissing and playing nice to get back what our little cowboy threw in the dumpster.

    In Heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here.

    Rogue Cardinal, Member of the God-Awful Atheist Syndicate


  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Look, I already stated in the beginning that this is not just about a bow. Yes, the bow was the point of interest by the original author of this post. But as I said, it is his track record. The bow is just another symbol of the Obama mindset. His entire foreign policy thus far has made him and the US seem weak. North Korea has pulled more stunts w/ Obama in 8 months than with Bush in 8 years. So will terrorists attack because he bowed to foreign royalty no, they will attack because he (and in turn us) is viewed as weak. They see him giving constitutional rights to the masterminds behind 9/11, they see him tearing our own intelligence agency apart and hanging them out to dry, they see communist dictators like Chavez and Castro praising him, they see the Chinese people greeting him with t-shirts that say Oba-Mao, they see one man turning America inside out and upside down, severely weakening it in the process. So Trendem, yes, this means that they are going to attack us in this weakened state... oh wait, they did, and a bunch of great Soldiers are dead because of it. Bush went 7 years without a terrorist attack, Obama didn't go 1.

    ---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

    I have a bad feeling I jacked this multiple quoting response up... I apologize if I did, I am new to this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    No.....it's called ignorance. There is nothing that he has done that makes him perceived as weak or feeble. He was respectful.
    I don't doubt that he was respectful in his meeting with the Emporer. Who's arguing that? In my other response I outlined a few of many things that make him perceived as weak. His indecision in Afghanistan is another. Having pride in your country is ignorance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    There have been terrorists plots since the dawn of man. what just because the media is better today you think the problem is worse? Seriously? There have been terrorists plots in this country on this country for years and years and years.
    It is this mindset that puts us in such danger. what I gather from this is that you feel the threat today is no worse than long ago... tell that to the families of the 9/11 victims or of the Fort Hood shooting. And people are content to go on like nothing happened when the attacks were foiled by the FBI in Texas and NYC. I for one look at those attempted attacks as though they had really happened. My friend, the problem is much worse today and the media coverage has nothing to do with the reality of that fact.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    We go around the world acting like assholes and telling everyone we are so great.....someone is bound to get tired of it and rebel at some point
    We are a great country. And I am not ashamed of that. Rebel? You think a JIHAD WAHHABI NUTJOB IS REBELLING? They want to eradicate the infidels who refuse to convert! Take a few minutes to think of what this world would be like if America wasn't around...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    The man loves this country and is doing what he thinks is good common courtesy.
    He attended a church that preached "GOD DAMN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" for 20 years!! His wife openly stated that she was , for the first time in her life, proud of her country! I could go on and on... Good common courtesy? I hope you are only talking about the bow on that one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    It's gonna take a lot of ass kissing and playing nice to get back what our little cowboy threw in the dumpster.
    Why do you have the mindset that we need to do the ass kissing? Again, where would this world be without the U.S. of A.? I agree, Buck Fush, he wasn't the greatest president, but you dont go running around with your tail between your legs apologizing and hoping for forgivness, esp. from COMMIE dictators! Apologizing, when not used at the proper times, is seen as a sign of weakness.

    Years from now you will be kicking yourself in the ass for that vote... trust me.[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

    Oh, and as for the Damn ****ing Straight comment, I was being sarcastic as I felt the initial comment I was responding to was sarcastic. Do I really think other countries should bow down to us? Heck no! Do I think we are the greatest nation in the world and we should not apologize for being so exceptional? You had better believe it!
    Last edited by Dionysus; November 16th, 2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Repaired quote tags

  10. #10
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    According to Christians, just south of heaven
    Posts
    1,723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutti View Post
    Look, I already stated in the beginning that this is not just about a bow. Yes, the bow was the point of interest by the original author of this post. But as I said, it is his track record. The bow is just another symbol of the Obama mindset.
    So you have an issue with good manners? Obama proves America, despite stereotypes, has good manners and you have an issue with that? Man that's odd.

    His entire foreign policy thus far has made him and the US seem weak.
    Support or retract.

    North Korea has pulled more stunts w/ Obama in 8 months than with Bush in 8 years.
    Surely you jest?

    So will terrorists attack because he bowed to foreign royalty no, they will attack because he (and in turn us) is viewed as weak.
    support or retract.

    They see him giving constitutional rights to the masterminds behind 9/11,
    Due process....everyone gets it. I know....WE don't get it in their country but we are forward minded in this country.

    they see him tearing our own intelligence agency apart and hanging them out to dry,
    Right....or is it that they don't have their act together and deserve any trouble they find themselves in? Why should we reward shoddy work?

    they see communist dictators like Chavez and Castro praising him,
    OMG....someone we don't like said something about our pres.....end of the world.

    they see the Chinese people greeting him with t-shirts that say Oba-Mao,
    You talking about the same shirts that CHINA banned because the FEARED Obama's reaction? I thought we were weak? But the largest army in the world trembles over what our Pres thinks of a t-shirt.

    they see one man turning America inside out and upside down, severely weakening it in the process.
    No they don't. YOU see change, long over due change coming and you fear it.


    So Trendem, yes, this means that they are going to attack us in this weakened state... oh wait, they did, and a bunch of great Soldiers are dead because of it. Bush went 7 years without a terrorist attack, Obama didn't go 1.
    Are you on crack rock? Bush took office in 2001....and before the year was out we dealt with 9-11. And he was dealing with terrorism the rest of his entire presidency. The majority of 8 years of Bush was spent dealing with terrorism and little else of value.

    On the other side of the coin.....to date here are all terrorist attacks on US soil since Obama took office....note that not all of these are "Muslim" terrorists.

    Feb 4 2009 West Memphis, Arkansas, United States. Trent P. Pierce Chairman of the Arkansas State Medical Board was critically injured in a car bombing that occurred in his drive way. There are reports that he received serious injuries to his abdomen and face, but no internal trauma was reported. No one else was wounded in the blast.
    "Bomb Injures Arkansas Doctor". The New York Times. February 4, 2009. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/05/us...de.html?ref=us.

    May 5th New York City A small explosive device exploded out front of a Starbucks in New York City destroying a bench it had been placed on. No injuries or deaths were reported in the blast that brings fears of terrorism.
    ^ "Small bomb goes off outside Upper East Side Starbucks". New York Daily News. May 25, 2009. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...starbucks.html.

    June 1 Little Rock, Arkansas Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, an American Muslim opened fire on a U.S. military recruiting office. Private William Long was killed and Private Quinton Ezeagwula was wounded.
    "Suspect in Soldier Attack Was Once Detained in Yemen". New York Times. June 3, 2009. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/us...ml?_r=1&ref=us

    June 10 Washington, D.C. An 88-year-old white supremacist and Holocaust denier fires shots in the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, fatally wounding a security guard.Nasaw, Daniel. "Holocaust museum security guard shot and killed in Washington". The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...ing-washington.

    So thus far we have four for the whole year. And terrorism is not an act committed just by them Muslim folks. Crackers can do it to.

    Don't forget about all the Anthrax scares that Bush had in his first year....not to mention the WORST terrorist attack ever on US soil with the intelligence to prevent it but he didn't act on it.

    Bush also saw Jews blow up a Mosque in California. So all attacks together.....Bush saw more terrorism in his first year in a window of only 4 months than Obama's has seen in 10 1/2 months.

    ---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutti View Post
    I have a bad feeling I jacked this multiple quoting response up... I apologize if I did, I am new to this.
    You only need the / when closing a quote. {quote} blah blah blah{/quote} like that. No biggy.

    I don't doubt that he was respectful in his meeting with the Emporer. Who's arguing that? In my other response I outlined a few of many things that make him perceived as weak. His indecision in Afghanistan is another. Having pride in your country is ignorance?
    Misunderstanding the nuances of customs in other countries is ignorance. Thus far all you have really said about the bow is that it makes us look weak and incites terrorists to attack us....which is just blather and you can't support it a bit.

    It is this mindset that puts us in such danger. what I gather from this is that you feel the threat today is no worse than long ago...
    It's less now than it was 8 years ago...........

    tell that to the families of the 9/11 victims or of the Fort Hood shooting.
    All avoidable. It's sickening what we knew about each incident and how we did nothing.


    And people are content to go on like nothing happened when the attacks were foiled by the FBI in Texas and NYC. I for one look at those attempted attacks as though they had really happened. My friend, the problem is much worse today and the media coverage has nothing to do with the reality of that fact.
    You should go on like nothing ever happened. Why? Because when you live in fear....they have already won. If something didn't happen it didn't happen. Seems to me like you just like looking for reason to hate.

    We are a great country. And I am not ashamed of that. Rebel? You think a JIHAD WAHHABI NUTJOB IS REBELLING? They want to eradicate the infidels who refuse to convert! Take a few minutes to think of what this world would be like if America wasn't around...
    We do have a great country....we also have our fair share of short comings that we should freely be able to admit. Honesty is a good policy. You also fail to understand that it is the minority of Muslims....a small minority....that are Jihadists. It wasn't so long ago that Christians we doing the same thing and you still love Jesus don't you? If you want to really be honest about America...you also need to mull over the serious missteps we have made in foreign policy in the past say 9 years. To a degree a lot of our credibility is in the dumpster on many issues.

    For example....we tell a country like Israel....don't fire back. Talk it out. Yet when someone drops a bomb on our door step.....we go to war and attack countries that had nothing to do with the attack on us.



    He attended a church that preached "GOD DAMN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" for 20 years!!
    You obviously didn't get that sermon. I understand. It was a very strongly worded sermon. But our government makes us look like hypocrites....and it should be damnable because we are supposed to be the greatest country in the world.....and thus able to do better than we have done.


    His wife openly stated that she was , for the first time in her life, proud of her country! I could go on and on... Good common courtesy? I hope you are only talking about the bow on that one...
    When I reflect honestly on this country....there are things I am proud of and things that sicken me. And if you really thought about our history and the things we have done you should easily come up with several things that sicken you about our past....and then be able to once again be prideful when we toss out those stupid ideas that made us look stupid. IT happens.


    Why do you have the mindset that we need to do the ass kissing?
    When your country screws up....common courtesy is to kiss some ass and eat some crow. It shows humility and growth in thought process something this country sometimes lacks.

    Again, where would this world be without the U.S. of A.?
    The only ones that would miss us are the 3rd world countries that dine on our charity.


    I agree, Buck Fush, he wasn't the greatest president, but you dont go running around with your tail between your legs apologizing and hoping for forgivness, esp. from COMMIE dictators! Apologizing, when not used at the proper times, is seen as a sign of weakness.
    So Japan is now a commie country? The Saudi's are commies? When did that happen?


    Years from now you will be kicking yourself in the ass for that vote... trust me.[COLOR="red"]
    I doubt it.....now when I voted for Bush....man do I regret doing that!

    In Heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here.

    Rogue Cardinal, Member of the God-Awful Atheist Syndicate


  11. #11
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I'm lost
    Posts
    3,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutti View Post
    So Trendem, yes, this means that they are going to attack us in this weakened state... oh wait, they did, and a bunch of great Soldiers are dead because of it. Bush went 7 years without a terrorist attack, Obama didn't go 1.
    Right, so seeing the president bow, seeing other dictators praise America's president are signs of America being weak and will make terrorists want to attack..

    This has absolutely nothing to do with so many of our troops not being here on American soil to protect America does it?

    It's just like when someone breaks into a house to steal.. They break in when no one is home or when they think no one is home...

    ---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

    As far as the bow? Well it's about time that America is nice and respectful.... Why do you think so many country's hate America?
    Show me the government that does not infringe upon anyone's rights, and I will no longer call myself an anarchist.~Jacob Halbrooks
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.~Benjamin Franklin
    "Go big or Go home"~ LoLo Bean

  12. #12
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    I really can't imagine anything less important.

    No one would get this up in arms if he bowed to the Pope.
    "I let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass."
    Lao Tsu

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Red Neck USA
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by Trendem View Post
    Seconded. What's up with the constant fixation by some people on who Obama bows to? First it was the Saudi King, and now the Japanese Emperor. It's just a bow, people. In some cultures, it is simply a sign of respect and courtesy, and doesn't signify inferiority.

    It is silly to think that just because America is powerful, it should prance around in a haughty manner and show no humility to any other world leader. That is what makes America hated in other countries.

    Obama is showing a keen sense of diplomacy here. A leader of an inferior country would not think, "Oh, Obama is bowing to me, that means America is afraid of my country!" Of course not; rather, they would be pleasantly surprised at Obama's humility and be that much more predisposed to cooperate with Obama's plans and initiatives.


    Right, because terrorists who see him bowing will think, "Obama bowed to some foreign royalty! This means I can go and bomb some buildings in America without consequence because Obama will be too soft to do anything!"
    No President has ever bowed to a foreign Ruler, until The Obama , remember America doesn't recognize title or royalty, America only recognizes equality, and a bow is a admission of subservience, around the world, and it was not a bow of equals, as The Obama made the first move, and the Emperor never bowed back.

    From the Constitution and one of the major founding principles of our Republic;



    The terrorist don't need this to recognize that THE Obama is weak, all they need to see is the fact that THE Obama can't even use the word "Terrorist" and now has decreed that all incidents are now Man Made Disasters what a blithering idiot.

    And as for the show trial in New York City, we will gain no points in Muslim Terrorist eyes for giving those Murdering Terrorist a trial in civil court, as they do not recognize any court except Sharia', so to them it is nothing but a Kangaroo Court, as Infidels have no right to testify against a Muslim, or subject a Muslim to their laws.

    Muraghi, Abdullah Mustapha, Islamic Law Pertaining to Non-Muslims;

    The Witness of Zimmis
    Zimmis cannot testify against Muslims. They can only testify against other Zimmis or Musta'min. Their oaths are not considered valid in an Islamic court. According to the Shari`a, a Zimmi is not even qualified to be under oath. Muraghi states bluntly, "The testimony of a Zimmi is not accepted because Allah - may He be exalted - said: `God will not let the infidels (kafir) have an upper hand over the believers'." A Zimmi, regarded as an infidel, cannot testify against any Muslim regardless of his moral credibility. If a Zimmi has falsely accused another Zimmi and was once punished, his credibility and integrity is tarnished and his testimony is no longer acceptable. One serious implication of this is that if one Muslim has committed a serious offense against another, witnessed by Zimmis only, the court will have difficulty deciding the case since the testimonies of Zimmis are not acceptable. Yet, this same Zimmi whose integrity is blemished, if he converts to Islam, will have his testimony accepted against the Zimmis and Muslims alike, because according to the Shari`a, "By embracing Islam he has gained a new credibility which would enable him to witness..." All he has to do is to utter the Islamic confession of faith before witnesses, and that will elevate him from being an outcast to being a respected Muslim enjoying all the privileges of a devout Muslim.
    Last edited by mican333; November 15th, 2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: To remove a flame
    Senator: The war's over. Our side won the war. Now we must busy ourselves winning the peace. And Fletcher, there's an old saying: To the victors belong the spoils.
    Fletcher: There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some small town in the North Eastern USA
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by evensaul View Post
    Somebody, anybody, please explain this to me. Because I'm about to puke, and I really don't want to. So please tell me why this shouldn't make me wretch.

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ito-japan.html
    I felt the same when Obama was elected. It amazes me that so many people were fooled and expected anything different.

    The "YOU LIE" is not about one his speech - it is about all he does and all he is. By saying this I do not offend anyone - I have sympathy with.

    Obama is trashing what we all have inherited from generations of Free People of the USA and of the World.

    Keep watching him and embrace yourselves - the worst is yet to come.
    Last edited by MeilahBushin; November 15th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.

  15. #15
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I'm lost
    Posts
    3,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Roam View Post
    The idiot is you, no President has ever bowed to a foreign Ruler, until The Obama , remember America doesn't recognize title or royalty, America only recognizes equality, and a bow is a admission of subservience, around the world, and it was not a bow of equals, as The Obama made the first move, and the Emperor never bowed back.
    So, if a foreign ruler can to visit America, would he then be equal to the President of America?
    Obama visiting another country does not make him 'equal' to the foreign ruler. Or any president for that matter..
    Many Japanese will shake hands with non-Japanese simply because many of the non-Japanese does not know all the customs..
    From the Constitution and one of the major founding principles of our Republic;

    So if the Japanese ruler came to America, he would then be 'equal' to Obama, right?

    The terrorist don't need this to recognize that THE Obama is weak, all they need to see is the fact that THE Obama can't even use the word "Terrorist" and now has decreed that all incidents are now Man Made Disasters what a blithering idiot.
    What a blithering idiot is people who holds this America is all high and mighty let's place the blame on someone else attitude... Why do you think terrorists and other country's hate America so much?

    And as for the show trial in New York City, we will gain no points in Muslim Terrorist eyes for giving those Murdering Terrorist a trial in civil court, as they do not recognize any court except Sharia', so to them it is nothing but a Kangaroo Court, as Infidels have no right to testify against a Muslim, or subject a Muslim to their laws.
    Does it actually matter if Muslim Terrorists recognize a trial in a civil court? Why would you want to gain 'points' in their eyes anyways? If they are found guilty then it does not matter now does it?
    Show me the government that does not infringe upon anyone's rights, and I will no longer call myself an anarchist.~Jacob Halbrooks
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.~Benjamin Franklin
    "Go big or Go home"~ LoLo Bean

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Red Neck USA
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    So, if a foreign ruler can to visit America, would he then be equal to the President of America?
    Guess what, yes, as a Head of a Foreign State, He is exactly that...equal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    Obama visiting another country does not make him 'equal' to the foreign ruler. Or any president for that matter..
    Many Japanese will shake hands with non-Japanese simply because many of the non-Japanese does not know all the customs..
    Yes it does, The Obama is the Head of our Nation and as such is equal to any other National Head, and no abeyance should be given or received, only greetings as equals, and the Emperor is not the Head of State in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    So if the Japanese ruler came to America, he would then be 'equal' to Obama, right?
    Again why is it so hard for you to understand, yes He would be equal.

    Now for a little history lesson, the Emperor of Japan is not the Head of State, or Ruler of Japan, and hasn't been since September, 2, 1945.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    What a blithering idiot is people who holds this America is all high and mighty let's place the blame on someone else attitude... Why do you think terrorists and other country's hate America so much?
    Because of liberals like you and your life styles, you are a major affront to their Allah, Quran, Mohammid, and Sharia' law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    Does it actually matter if Muslim Terrorists recognize a trial in a civil court? Why would you want to gain 'points' in their eyes anyways? If they are found guilty then it does not matter now does it?
    Me worry about gaining points in their eyes?, :roflmao: the only thing I worry about is putting a bullet between their eyes, and winning the war, it is the liberals like you, who are always worrying about how we appear in the eyes of the terrorist and the world.

    And guess what, it is the liberal life style that is a affront to their eyes.
    Senator: The war's over. Our side won the war. Now we must busy ourselves winning the peace. And Fletcher, there's an old saying: To the victors belong the spoils.
    Fletcher: There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

  17. #17
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where every life is precious
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal
    It's NOT a sign of humility on Obama's part to bow that deeply. This is what is often thought by people that really don't know a thing about Japanese culture. It's was nothing more than a sign of deep appreciation or deep respect.
    Agreed...What's the big deal about someone simply showing respect?

    __________________________________________________ _______

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Roam View Post
    Because of liberals like you and your life styles, you are a major affront to their Allah, Quran, Mohammid, and Sharia' law.
    Well....Just to let you know, Just Me is not a liberal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Roam
    And guess what, it is the liberal life style that is a affront to their eyes.
    Please support.
    "As long as I have a voice, I will speak for those who have none".

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by evensaul View Post
    So please tell me why this shouldn't make me wretch.
    Because Obama isn't going to let a little thing like arrogance get in the way of good relations?

    Because Obama actually bothered to learn about Japanese customs and traditions before going to their country?

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Red Neck USA
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett44 View Post
    Agreed...What's the big deal about someone simply showing respect?

    __________________________________________________ _______



    Well....Just to let you know, Just Me is not a liberal...



    Please support.

    Simple, just do some research of Shari' Law, and the Quran, and the Hadits, or just look up the Fatwahs issued, you can start with the one issued against
    Salman Rushdie.


    Sydney - A Muslim cleric who whipped up a storm last year when he told his Sydney flock that women who don't wear the veil invite rape has been endorsed as the supreme leader of Australia's 300,000 Muslims
    .

    Read more: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ne...#ixzz0WxNWIOPd
    Senator: The war's over. Our side won the war. Now we must busy ourselves winning the peace. And Fletcher, there's an old saying: To the victors belong the spoils.
    Fletcher: There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

  20. #20
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obama Bows to Japanese Emperor

    Quote Originally Posted by Whistlepig View Post
    If I was Obama, I would troll the planet by not only bowing to the emperor, but even regular people who just happen to be around.
    If Obama did bow to everyone, in all kinds of situations, then this bow wouldn't be as big a deal to me. But he doesn't. From what I've seen, he has only bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia and the Emperor of Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistlepig View Post
    It's a pleasantry,
    No, its not. It's one head of state meeting another.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldPhoenix View Post
    Who gives a damn?

    Seriously.
    The fact that you don't care shows your ignorance of the problem. It doesn't mean there isn't one. I wanted to give your post a not-helpful rating, but it seems that is not an option, so it gave helpful instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    1. It was a deep bow but it was only a scant second. It's not like he bowed deeply and then held it. IF he had THAT would have been a bow that said, "I have greatly wronged you and am completely at your mercy."
    It was a deep bow, followed by repeated obsequious small bows.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    2. The American President was being very gracious and very respectful. It was not necessary for him to bow so deeply but it was a sign of great respect toward the Japanese ruler which could be viewed as customary.
    Customary between equals would be both bowing to the other. That is not what happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    Past American administrations have really botched our image globally. So I find it rather professional and necessary that our current President has the balls to "play nice" instead of acting like the "new sheriff in town".
    Straw man argument. No one is suggesting he act like anything other than an equal to rulers of other countries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    Furthermore, the emperor is much older than Obama and as such it is NOT out of line for Obama to bow deeply to him for that reason alone...
    Do you have any evidence that Obama has bowed to anyone else because of respect for age?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    ...not to mention the guy is THE leader of Japan.
    Exactly the issue here. You think that is a reason to bow. But the politics of the situation demand that he NOT bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    The fact of the matter is that Japanese people do not hold outsiders to their standards. You are not expected to know or follow their ways. But it is greatly appreciated, and I know from experience, when you as the Westerner have bothered to trouble yourself with their customs and participate.
    The President of the United States has protocol people who are completely versed in Japanese customs. The custom between equals would be to exchange bows, if there is to be any bow at all. Did the Emperor bow? No. For Obama to bow deeply, and then repeat small bows is absolute subservience. Disgusting and indefensible behavior for someone who is representing every US citizen to the Emperor of Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Cardinal View Post
    Lastly, if you want to blast Obama about anything.....it should be the fact that he fell about 2-3 seconds short of the duration that he should have held the bow. It's NOT a sign of humility on Obama's part to bow that deeply. This is what is often thought by people that really don't know a thing about Japanese culture. It's was nothing more than a sign of deep appreciation or deep respect.
    You are completely contradicting yourself. First you wrote that "IF he had THAT (made a deep bow and held it) would have been a bow that said, "I have greatly wronged you and am completely at your mercy." Now you say he should have held it longer. So, which is it? And please give support for you position.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trendem View Post
    Seconded. What's up with the constant fixation by some people on who Obama bows to?
    I'll try to explain, because you are not a citizen of our country, even though I think you know our history better than most our own citizens. We declared our independence from your country, and your king. From that point forward, we have viewed all men as equal. No one deserves a bow, and no one should get one. Many of us still believe that, and our President is expected to follow that rule when meeting other heads of state. It's that simple. He represents and serves us, the citizens, and our citizens have not wanted our President to bow to anyone. And he should not receive bows, either. He is our equal, in office to serve us, the people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trendem View Post
    First it was the Saudi King, and now the Japanese Emperor. It's just a bow, people. In some cultures, it is simply a sign of respect and courtesy, and doesn't signify inferiority.
    If it is not important, then why did the Obama administration deny that the first bow to the Saudi King ever happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendem View Post
    It is silly to think that just because America is powerful, it should prance around in a haughty manner and show no humility to any other world leader.
    Straw man. No one is suggesting that Obama present himself as anything more than an equal.
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth." - Ronald Reagan

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Debunking Obama Myths
    By CC in forum Politics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: October 24th, 2008, 09:42 AM
  2. McCain flip flops VS Obama flip flops
    By CC in forum Politics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: October 23rd, 2008, 12:09 PM
  3. Obama takes the Fifth
    By Spartacus in forum Member Contributed News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 1st, 2008, 05:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •