Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Two Year Old Shot Execution Style

Our communities have been shocked once again recently when a farmer of 40 years, his wife of 36 and their child of two years old was murdered in their house.

The man was killed with a sharp object, maybe a panga and the child and her mother was shot.

They left a note that said they have murdered them and will come back. According to what I have read there seems to be no theft involved. Two of the workers on the farm was paid R500 each to reveal information about the movements of the family.

Here is the full article if you want to read it. Farm Murderers Leave Chilling Note

Many people feel that it was an act of racism and others again feel that crime has no colour, but does it really?

A child of two years old have no ability to identify killers. Their memory simply does not allow that and there is no way for them to really communicate, so they can not testify in a court of law.

So my question is, why would you kill a child?

The murderers were four black men. The family that was killed was white.

Of course one don't want to make everything that happens a white vs black thing, but what if the scenario was just the opposite?

Would people still say that this is just another senseless killing when four white men shot a little black baby execution style?

I am just trying to make sense of things. :(
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

Senior Mod

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Two Year Old Shot Execution Style

When the blacks in SA routinely sing in public about killing the whites, a racial motive is almost impossible to escape for just about any interracial crime. Couple this with the fact that the people involved stalked these people, planned and executed a cold-blooded murder, and left a threatening note about the issue, it's almost certain in my mind that it *is* a racially motivated crime.

This is why they need to relax the gun laws in South Africa. If people like the family that was just murdered had had access to handguns, they would probably still be alive right now. It's one thing to walk in and execute unarmed people. It's quite another to take your life into your own hands by attacking someone who may or may not be carrying a gun for just such an occasion.
    -=[Talthas]=-
    ODN Senior Moderator

ODN Rules

Post Thanks / Like

Racism
    Ethnic cleansing

Get out Aspo. It is only getting worse -- not better.

These murders were acts of terrorism. When nothing was stolen, when informants were paid to target the victims comings and goings -- and when infants are slaughtered -- these are all terrorist acts and all terrorist acts are either politically, racially, or ethnically motivated.
    "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born" -- Ronald Reagan

How can a moral wrong be a Civil Right?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

They guy who shot the child is only 17 years old. That makes him 1 year old when Apartheid came to an end in 1994.

So he never really experienced Apartheid and I can not understand why some people argue that he did it because of Apartheid.

Some believe they do these things as payback for the wrong whites have done them, but since 1994 Apartheid is none existent. There is no way that this 17 year old could have been maltreated. If he was, that white person would have been logged away ages ago.

It such a stupid way of reasoning. It means that if a teacher in school gave me a hiding I should go back now and kill him for what he did to me.

Many people want to use it as an excuse for the things they do.

Personally I think it is racism and nothing less. Why should my children's children pay for the atrocities my great great grandparents committed?
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Its terrorism as Spart says and I'm sure its racially/politically motivated.

As to him being 17, well that doesn't really make much difference unless you think that if he grew up in apartheid it would be justified for him to kill white people. I doubt you think so, I certainly don't.

Racism is cultural, or tends to be. Just because he himself didn't grow up with it, its still a strong cultural force. Slavery is still a cultural issue in america after a much longer period of time. You can't just take crimes of the past and pretend they never happened, even when no one from that time is alive, the history lives on and people feel connected to it.

SA will be living with this legacy for a great long time I think. The only option is to create a counter culture that is stronger than the one of violence and opposition and even that won't cure all ills, only diminish them over time.
    Feed me some debate pellets!