Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ODN: Christianity Is An Unsupported Claim

Quote Originally Posted by ladyphoenix View Post
    I'm cutting your post down because you didn't answer the questions I asked you.

1) WHICH church is that? I want you to give me a name. Different "denominations" interpret the bible/scritpture differently. If there is only "one true church" they can't all be considered "one church." Unless you're willing to argue along the lines of the angels in the movie Dogma... "...whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven..." in which case any and all interpretations of the bible must be accurate representations, assuming the people adhering to them genuinely believe them.

2) IF you do have a name of a single denomination you're willing to put forth as the "one true church," tell me how you picked THAT denomination over others. Otherwise, ignore this question. This seems to be the only part you tried to address in the last post.
    YOU WANT? In other words you are attempting to "bait" and direct a debate at your choosing? Really? What? Do you have a comprehension problem? As I said, there are no "denominations" mentioned in the Scriptures, there is One church, One Kingdom, the one promised by the Christ in Matthew 16:16-28. Are you asking the question do I believe in denominations? No. I believe in THE WORD. And if a presentation of THE WORD offered in Book, Chapter and Verse does not address your baiting expedition, clearly you do not want an answer....you want an argument, transparent as glass.

You do the math...there might be hundreds of denominations attempting to pass of man made tradition as Doctrine, one thing is for sure, all of them cannot be correct or true if they are all presenting different doctrines, but that does not preclude the ONE TRUE church from existing, ...the one that supports its doctrine as directed through the inspired Word of God, which is good for, "doctrine, correction, reproof, and instruction in righteousness, so the man of God may be perfect......" -- 2 Tim. 3:16-17 Anyone is capable of opening the Book and following doctrine....I am simply declaring that is the only way to find the True Christian, test them, prove their spirit as being true by simply comparing their message with the actual content of the Inspired Word. (1 Thess 5:20-21)

Yet, you demand that I name a denomination that does not exist in scripture, simply to accuse someone? Again, really? It is every Christians duty to prove or test all things. We are admonished to do, by Biblical Example the same as the early Christians, "Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonia, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, EXAMINING THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, whether these things were so...." -- Acts 17:11

Any Denomination that contradicts scriptural doctrine is simply propagating a False Doctrine. The Word is the standard that calibrates Christian Doctrine.

You want an argument? Do you believe the inspired Apostle spoke the truth? "Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And do not permit a woman to teach or hold authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love and holiness...with self control." -- 1 Tim. 11-15

If you do not accept the Apostles words as truth simply present the Book, Chapter and Verse found in the Holy Scriptures that demonstrates those words to be errant from the truth.
    Last edited by Bluedog; April 6th, 2011 at 07:43 AM.

ODN Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    YOU WANT? In other words you are attempting to "bait" and direct a debate at your choosing? Really? What? Do you have a comprehension problem?
    You would do well to stow the hostility, friend. I asked you to clarify your position because it's not entirely clear to me.

It's still not entirely clear to me.... and as far as I can tell, everything you've posted has been an off-topic. The questions of the OP (which you quoted it its entirety) haven't been answered at all. The only thing you've done is argue about whether or not denominations exist (a premise)... which we know they do, in reality. Whether or not they are a part of the "one true church" founded by Jesus Christ himself is irrelevant, they exist here on earth, and the truth of the matter is that they believe very different things about how they were commanded to worship, as well as heaven, hell, free will, and salvation.

So... What is the "correct" way to worship? And what is the truth about "heaven" and "hell" and "free will" and "salvation?" I look forward to your responses.
    "And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped." ~ Monty Python

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    YOU WANT? In other words you are attempting to "bait" and direct a debate at your choosing? Really? What? Do you have a comprehension problem? As I said, there are no "denominations" mentioned in the Scriptures, there is One church, One Kingdom, the one promised by the Christ in Matthew 16:16-28.
    Indeed the original, ancient, eternal and one true church of scripture is pre-denominational.

But that Church does not exist in a vacuum. It exists in a flawed physical world.
    "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born" -- Ronald Reagan

How can a moral wrong be a Civil Right?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5