Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are ODN "atheists" theophobiacs?

Quote Originally Posted by SharmaK View Post
    I still don’t really know what’s going on in people’s heads. I hope you has better luck!
    I appreciate the thought

I have been told sooooo many times that I just don't get it, I'm beginning to take that as my default position.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I remain baffled that a Christian can talk about their magical things, generally without proof, with a serious face, whilst claiming other people’s similarly unproven magical things cannot be true.
    Agreed. "my god is "better" than your god" stuff. Similar evidence/reasoning, different conclusions, but "the other guy" is the one that is messed up in his thinking.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

I wonder sometimes if atheists are missing a portion of their brain that can somehow suspend their disbelief for certain claims and give them a free pass.
    Also agreed

There just is no reasonable justification for atheism that I have heard of.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I still don’t really know what’s going on in people’s heads. I hope you has better luck!
    I will really miss ODN when it's gone …..
    :(

Best wishes to you as well

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evensaul View Post
    I must also point out that this thread was originally a response to numerous ops and a multitude of posts by atheists bashing Christians and our beliefs. You're not the only one who feels a need to "respond in turn", Sig.
    I understand that and I don't support Atheists antagonizing religious people. But consider that I would not have posted here if you hadn't called me out specifically. (That is against the rules by the way, but I didn't especially mind in this case).
    Feed me some debate pellets!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    I understand that and I don't support Atheists antagonizing religious people. But consider that I would not have posted here if you hadn't called me out specifically. (That is against the rules by the way, but I didn't especially mind in this case).
    Stop trying to portray yourself as the victim of an unprovoked attack coming from out of the blue. You recently posted these replies to my ops:

"That is exactly what Hitler said to justify exterminating the Jews, and exactly what the white plantation owners said to justify owning black people. So you "excuse" is really just an admission that you are a biggot." http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/s...sn-t-Racist-to

"I think Evensaul is once agian thinking with his tribe and not with his head... Evensauls arguments are daft..." http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/s...rty-of-Science

When you make personal attacks, expect reprisals. Like it or lump it, because that's the way it is.

Regarding the "calling out" rule, here it is: "Calling out" of other members - It is inappropriate to publicly create a thread that calls out the behavior of another member (including staff members). If a member's behavior needs to be addressed, use the "report button" for the post, or use the private message system. An attempt to "rally" the community against another member or members, will result in an infraction and immediate deletion of the thread." I did not, in any way, violate the above rule. My post about your use of the word "designed" was entirely appropriate given the subject of this thread.
    Last edited by evensaul; December 16th, 2018 at 12:59 PM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth." - Ronald Reagan

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8