Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Banned Indefinitely
    Post Thanks / Like

South Korea Returns Fire After Shots From North

Last 10th Aug. North korea fired on NLL (near a south korean island the north attacked last year) 5 times. as soon as south korea found it, they returned fire on after north korean artillery shells fell in NLL. this artillery shots were controversial over the world. North Korea shortly reported that those shots were not the artillery shots but the blasting work on site. their short comment seems not to be persuasive to explain all the things. because S.Korea founded the point. their intention hasn't been clearly verified yet. but Some experts guess, they want to make U.S-Korea alliance weakened and S.Koreans confused by this like threatening, also want to test S.Korea's upgraded military power and strategy. I think this like their behavior is quite cunning and nasty. if they start to attack Korea again, what could be happened? there is nothing except for the war. I think it's better for them to stop threatening and step forward to negotiate with S.Korea and world.

Source Link : http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/11/wo...20korea&st=cse

Banned Indefinitely

The People's Republic of Wyoming (also known as Dick's Head)
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: South Korea Returns Fire After Shots From North

the Korean War never ended......they have been doing this since 1953.

Post Thanks / Like

The other weekend, I spoke to an American soldier who spent time posted at a border crossing between North and South Korea. He talked about how the North Koreans are pretty much jerks. They would, on a regular basis, fire off flares and discharge their weapons into the air at night just to mess with the American soldiers. Their soliders also have standing orders to shoot anyone leaving or entering North Korea.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    The other weekend, I spoke to an American soldier who spent time posted at a border crossing between North and South Korea. He talked about how the North Koreans are pretty much jerks. They would, on a regular basis, fire off flares and discharge their weapons into the air at night just to mess with the American soldiers. Their soliders also have standing orders to shoot anyone leaving or entering North Korea.
    Are they authorized to fire across the border to do so?
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME