Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Just someguy here.

Hello.

New here but a long time veteran on many many debate sites. In my long career of debating I have arrived to the conclusion that there are many highly intelligent people on both sides of the aisle....and many morons.

I tend to only discuss anything with the former and the latter, once identified, are promptly ignored.

Im more of a "discusser" than a debater as I find formal debate pretty boring and I find simple observations better "point provers" than some obscure paper that some nobody "scientist" wrote that happens to side with your argument.

Im a pretty sarcastic person and would likely be more so if I wasnt so lethargic

Conservative / Christian here.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just someguy here.

Welcome to the thunder dome!
    I apologize to anyone waiting on a response from me. I am experiencing a time warp, suddenly their are not enough hours in a day. As soon as I find a replacement part to my flux capacitor regulator, time should resume it's normal flow.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Booya! If you're white, male, and heterosexual, then my demographic just increased by one.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

ODN's Crotchety Old Man

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

So then you prefer a more Socratic dialectic? Or is it more of a focus on the exploration of ideas than attacking and defending certain propositions?

And welcome to ODN.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome
    Feed me some debate pellets!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apokalupsis View Post
    So then you prefer a more Socratic dialectic? Or is it more of a focus on the exploration of ideas than attacking and defending certain propositions?

And welcome to ODN.
    I'm more of a type that likes to explore various topics in non-traditional ways and really get to see the issues from all sides. It helps that I'm not blinded some ideology....I hate both of the major political parties.
    I will no longer be replying to any post from a Liberal going forward. I will continue, as normal, to discuss topics and engage in intellectual exchanges with non-leftist

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
    I'm more of a type that likes to explore various topics in non-traditional ways and really get to see the issues from all sides. It helps that I'm not blinded some ideology....I hate both of the major political parties.
    Good stuff. I was listening to Left Right and Center and the conservative of the show delivered the best definition of moderate I'd heard. Not so much that you always assume a middle position, but that you are not bound to a given ideology at all times.
    Feed me some debate pellets!

Post Thanks / Like

Wellity wellity wellity.... if it isn't some guy. Welcome to the cheese cake factory! Softball registration in the basement, but beware of Grimace, he lives down there.
    abc