Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Desmonthes

Angry Hermain Caine, a Joke?

I mean really? A pizza company CEO? First Sarah Palin, now this dude. What will the republicans think of next?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hermain Caine, a Joke?

Moved to Shootin' the Breeze.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desmonthes View Post
    I mean really? A pizza company CEO? First Sarah Palin, now this dude. What will the republicans think of next?
    Some of his ideas are interesting, but he can't seem to keep from shoving his foot in his mouth every time a TV camera is on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Pizza company that employed 10,000 people.

The U.S. Navy didn't think Cain was a joke when they hired him to do top secret work developing ICBM guidance systems.

Coca Cola and Pillsbury didn't think Cain was a joke as he continually succeeded with ever-increasing responsibilities they gave him decades before anyone ever used the word "diversity " as a buzzword.

Bill Clinton didn't think Cain was a joke when the pizza company CEO not only told Clinton his calculations with Hillarycare were wrong and in only four minutes on live national television explained to the country and Clinton how Hillarycare would result in businesses having to lay people off. Cain's confrontation with Clinton is widely regarded as the beginning of the end of Hillarycare.

The National Restaurant Assoc. with members employing 14million people didn't think Cain was a joke when they recruited and hired him to be their president. The Federal Reserve didn't think he was a joke when he was chosen to head up the Kansas City Fed.

A community organizer only four years away from the obscure bank bench of the Illinois state house elected president of the U.S. without being vetted....now that's a joke...a joke on us and the world is now laughing.
    "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born" -- Ronald Reagan

How can a moral wrong be a Civil Right?

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

As opposed to a relatively unsuccessful peanut farmer?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions. -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling you're going to be fun to debate with over the next year.
    The Signature Religion is the one true religion. I know this is true, because it says so right here in this signature.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, always promoting those terrible money-grubbing bourgeousie. Everyone--that is, anyone worth knowing--understands that only the best upper-crust, properly-educated aristocrats are fit to rule.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CliveStaples View Post
    Yes, always promoting those terrible money-grubbing bourgeousie. Everyone--that is, anyone worth knowing--understands that only the best upper-crust, properly-educated aristocrats are fit to rule.
    Of course, what the U.S. needs is to be ruled by a meritocracy. Only well-heeled, well-connected, corporatist Ivy League graduates are eligible to be president.
    "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born" -- Ronald Reagan

How can a moral wrong be a Civil Right?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's time we had someone in office who has had experience in some field besides politics. When I heard of his candidacy my first reaction was that I didn't want someone with no political experience holding the highest office but after thinking it over I'm not sure a lack of political experience shoud disqualify him. He certainly couldn't be any worse than the President we have now.
    The brutal, soul-shaking truth is that we are so earthly minded we are of no heavenly use.
    Leonard Ravenhill

Blog

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theophilus View Post
    Maybe it's time we had someone in office who has had experience in some field besides politics. When I heard of his candidacy my first reaction was that I didn't want someone with no political experience holding the highest office but after thinking it over I'm not sure a lack of political experience shoud disqualify him. He certainly couldn't be any worse than the President we have now.
    Oh, he could be. It seems clear that Cain hasn't put in a lot of thought to some of the very serious political issues (abortion, Israel-Palestine conflict, economics, etc.). I don't think that lack of political experience should automatically disqualify you, but I don't think that it automatically qualifies you either.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CliveStaples View Post
    It seems clear that Cain hasn't put in a lot of thought to some of the very serious political issues (abortion, Israel-Palestine conflict, economics, etc.).
    Do you have an example of how he hasn't thought through a policy on economics?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions. -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.