Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

The Wizard of Ooze

The Wizard of Ooze

in which Dorothy goes to see the Wizard to find out how life evolved from primeval ooze.

The Cyclone
    Dorothy lived in the midst of the great Kansas prairies, with Uncle Henry, who was an evolutionist, and Aunt Em, who was the evolutionist’s wife. Suddenly Uncle Henry stood up.

“There’s a cyclone coming, Em,” he called to his wife; “ The creationists are stirring up a whirlwind of trouble. I’ll go look after the public schools.” Then he ran towards the place where the Kansas School Board meets.

“Quick, Dorothy!” Aunt Em screamed; “run for the cellar!” Aunt Em threw open the trap door in the floor and climbed down the ladder into the storm cellar. Dorothy caught Toto and started to follow her Aunt, but it was too late. The house whirled around two or three times and rose slowly through the air. Dorothy became very dizzy, fell on the bed, and fell asleep.
    You can read the rest of this story here:

http://www.ridgenet.net/~do_while/sage/v5i7f.htm
    The brutal, soul-shaking truth is that we are so earthly minded we are of no heavenly use.
    Leonard Ravenhill

Blog

ODN's Crotchety Old Man

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Wizard of Ooze

And Americans wonder why they're the laughing stock of the world in terms of education...

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Wizard of Ooze

ughh....nevermind the janky content...the website itself is icky to look at. It's design from the early 90's. As a designer...I feel I need to shower...
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson