Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

zeebix

yo, guys. I'm finding TV series to enjoy. can you recommend some for me?

yo. guys. I'm came from south korea, and i'm still living in south korea.
    I enjoyed a lot of american tv series.
    my recent favorites are spartacus, dexter, shameless, game of thrones. and so on.
    I watched most of popular american tv series. big bang theories and everything.
    you just name it. I saw them all.

Once I tried 'office' and i'm watching 'breaking bad' recently.
    but I couldn't find much fun.

'office' series is not fun at all. very silly after all. silly goose. blah blah
    weird situation and wierd persons.

breaking bad is very bad in my opinion. I don't know how can a somebody
    can enjoy this...

Frankly speaking, I said i watched most of popular tv series. and not much left to
    watch.

should I continue to watch these TV series? 'office' and 'breaking bad'

what do you think about it?

Senior Mod

Post Thanks / Like

Re: yo, guys. I'm finding TV series to enjoy. can you recommend some for me?

I heard a lot of good things about Breaking Bad, and good friends of mine whose opinion I trust say that the Office (US version) is a very good series, especially after Season 3 (where it gets better than the UK equivalent upon which it's apparently based). I haven't watched either, but I trust the opinions I have heard.

I can personally vouch for the 2004 remake of Battlestar Galactica. High quality stuff there.
    -=[Talthas]=-
    ODN Senior Moderator

ODN Rules

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of genres to you like? My current obsession is "The Mentalist", but I watch "Supernatural," "Psych," "House M.D.," "American Dad," "Drop Dead Diva," and "White Collar."

There are a couple of shows about which I have not yet formed an opinion:

"Touch" (Interesting - curious where it will lead)
    "Awake" (Not a bad concept - wondering if they will run out of ideas, though)
    "Alphas" (Good premise, but I have yet to feel the cast chemistry)
    "Falling Skies" (Pretty good, so far, but I am hoping it doesn't become ridiculous)
    "Once Upon a Time" (I keep going back and forth on this one, but it keeps drawing me back)

Here are some interesting shows that are not currently airing that you could check out:

Stargate: SG1 (If you have seen the movie, Stargate, the series are worth watching) (Science Fiction/Fantasy)
    Stargate: Atlantis (Science Fiction/Fantasy)
    The Guardian (Drama series)
    Smallville (If you like Superman mythos, this chronicles the life of Superman before he donned the suit)
    Charmed (Fantasy - about witches)
    MacGyver (Action/Adventure - old but just awesome!)
    A-Team (Action/Adventure - I know. It's a typical 80's show, but I still love it)
    Sliders (Science Fiction/Fantasy - Don't go past season 4, in my opinion)
    Dead Zone (Science Fiction/Fantasy - Great series)
    X-Files (Science Fiction/Fantasy - Because the truth is out there...)

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladykrimson View Post
    What kind of genres to you like? My current obsession is "The Mentalist", but I watch "Supernatural," "Psych," "House M.D.," "American Dad," "Drop Dead Diva," and "White Collar."

There are a couple of shows about which I have not yet formed an opinion:

"Touch" (Interesting - curious where it will lead)
    "Awake" (Not a bad concept - wondering if they will run out of ideas, though)
    "Alphas" (Good premise, but I have yet to feel the cast chemistry)
    "Falling Skies" (Pretty good, so far, but I am hoping it doesn't become ridiculous)
    "Once Upon a Time" (I keep going back and forth on this one, but it keeps drawing me back)

Here are some interesting shows that are not currently airing that you could check out:

Stargate: SG1 (If you have seen the movie, Stargate, the series are worth watching) (Science Fiction/Fantasy)
    Stargate: Atlantis (Science Fiction/Fantasy)
    The Guardian (Drama series)
    Smallville (If you like Superman mythos, this chronicles the life of Superman before he donned the suit)
    Charmed (Fantasy - about witches)
    MacGyver (Action/Adventure - old but just awesome!)
    A-Team (Action/Adventure - I know. It's a typical 80's show, but I still love it)
    Sliders (Science Fiction/Fantasy - Don't go past season 4, in my opinion)
    Dead Zone (Science Fiction/Fantasy - Great series)
    X-Files (Science Fiction/Fantasy - Because the truth is out there...)
    "Happy Endings" is pretty funny, as is "Bent" (a new show).

"Battleground" is a good show, but it's only available on Hulu.
    "Smash", also good.
    "Downton Abbey" was really, really good.
    "Sherlock Holmes" on the BBC was amazing.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

I love all the shows you mention (Dexter, Spartacus, Shameless, Game of Thrones), so it seems like we have similar tastes.

Another I highly recommend is on AMC (and available On Demand if your provider allows it, and on DVD)...is "Walking Dead." It's the highest rated cable series in history...and for good reason. Amazing storylines, amazing characters, amazing acting and direction. Find Season 1, watch a few episodes and you'll be hooked. Season 2 just finished, and Season 3 starts in October.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

"Spy" is a very hilarious British show.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

Senior Mod

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.
    -=[Talthas]=-
    ODN Senior Moderator

ODN Rules

Post Thanks / Like

If you are in the mood for improvisational comedy, look up "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"...That show is hilarious.

alicapatrick

The Walking Dead,Whose Line Is It Anyway are very good i think