Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Poll: Have people really changed throughout history?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Threaded View

Kodiak

Have people really changed?

After listening closely to history lessons, I've noticed something very interesting: While the times have changed, the people haven't. We've always had philosophers who will point problems out, even propose solutions, but not take action; individuals have always inspired to take over; people who will hold to what they originally thought and defend said idea relentlessly regardless of its flaws; and the poor. The industrial revolution gave way to the middle class, who fall somewhere between the first and third categories that I mentioned; and to big business, who will let you starve to death before giving you one cent you have not worked to the bone for; this falls in place of the second, if not something all on it's own.

My question is, what's new that has sprung up, sure our technology, lifestyles, etc. has changed drastically, but have the people? Sure, we see more liberals and liberal ideas, but these have been around for a while, just now we are letting up on their suppression.

Personally, I look around me and see that people behave just the same as the commoners described in my history class.