Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60
  1. #1
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    As women have gained equal rights with men over the past two hundred years, divorce rates have increased causing more broken homes with children deprived of the benefit of having two parents. Two-thirds of divorces are initiated by women.

    As women increasingly moved into the workforce, real incomes for men have declined due to the increased labor supply. This makes it far more difficult and unusual for a family to survive on one income, forcing more women into the workforce, creating a death spiral for traditional family roles of a working father and stay-at-home nurturing mother.

    As women have gained the right to vote and have actively used that vote, their tendency to vote for liberal politicians and liberal programs has increased welfare dependency by unwed mothers and their children, subsidizing and thereby increasing the incidence of single parent families living in poverty. Women are more inclined to view the government as a substitute father, to provide when a husband is absent. Further expansion of welfare programs for the elderly and unemployed are bankrupting our nation. If women didn't vote, we wouldn't have the enormous debt and deficit our nation faces.

    The current expectation of husband and wife acting as equals is unrealistic and unnatural. Women and men, as groups, are not equal physically, mentally or emotionally. And as individuals there are too many situations that arise in a marriage where disagreements can occur for them be solved by agreement. How then, should irreconcilable disagreements be resolved? One person must have the ultimate decision making authority in the marriage to resolve such situations.

    Inequality is better for families and the general welfare of our country as a whole. Women should not have equal rights.
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth." - Ronald Reagan

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    You're right.

    Inequality is so much better.

    That's why I propose that men should have less rights!
    ~Zealous

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by evensaul View Post
    As women have gained equal rights with men over the past two hundred years, divorce rates have increased causing more broken homes with children deprived of the benefit of having two parents. Two-thirds of divorces are initiated by women.
    Why should a woman stay in a relationship with a husband she hates? Note also that the woman ends up with the child so she's not shirking her parental duties, only that her husband likely is.

    As women increasingly moved into the workforce, real incomes for men have declined due to the increased labor supply. This makes it far more difficult and unusual for a family to survive on one income, forcing more women into the workforce, creating a death spiral for traditional family roles of a working father and stay-at-home nurturing mother.
    Yes, but in some cases, a woman could earn more than a man - it is not necessarily the case that it is the other way around. And also, many families operate on two incomes if they can; so the only people losing out are those that aren't as good as the women who you are purporting to have replaced them. In effect, you are supporting a more mediocre workforce for no reason.
    Surely it is better for the productivity of the country as a whole to ensure that the best jobs go to the best people no matter their gender.

    As women have gained the right to vote and have actively used that vote, their tendency to vote for liberal politicians and liberal programs has increased welfare dependency by unwed mothers and their children, subsidizing and thereby increasing the incidence of single parent families living in poverty. Women are more inclined to view the government as a substitute father, to provide when a husband is absent. Further expansion of welfare programs for the elderly and unemployed are bankrupting our nation. If women didn't vote, we wouldn't have the enormous debt and deficit our nation faces.
    But how would you remove that vote?

    The current expectation of husband and wife acting as equals is unrealistic and unnatural. Women and men, as groups, are not equal physically, mentally or emotionally. And as individuals there are too many situations that arise in a marriage where disagreements can occur for them be solved by agreement. How then, should irreconcilable disagreements be resolved? One person must have the ultimate decision making authority in the marriage to resolve such situations.
    Modern relationships, personal or business, in a modern world usually relies on cooperation and negotiation and not by fiat from some authority figure. This produces the best set of outcomes because you have more minds on the matter and you get to see the merits of different arguments play out. Then there are trade offs and reciprocation down the road, thus ensuring that both sides wins equally throughout time.

    Inequality is better for families and the general welfare of our country as a whole. Women should not have equal rights.
    Do you also have similar views as to the descendents of former slaves? This argument also applies there too. What about foreigners or other non-whites, non-English speakers? How far does this 'tradition' argument go? I know this OP is semi-tongue-in-cheek but you seem to arguing for a world where the white-man reigned supreme and although that might have worked out well if you fell into that specific demographic, there is largely no going back to it. Once people have tasted freedom, it becomes a little hard to take it away even if you do make a convincing argument.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJones8934 View Post
    Why should a woman stay in a relationship with a husband she hates? Note also that the woman ends up with the child so she's not shirking her parental duties, only that her husband likely is.
    Because it is for the good of the child. haven't you heard that term before?

    Yes, but in some cases, a woman could earn more than a man - it is not necessarily the case that it is the other way around. And also, many families operate on two incomes if they can; so the only people losing out are those that aren't as good as the women who you are purporting to have replaced them. In effect, you are supporting a more mediocre workforce for no reason.
    Surely it is better for the productivity of the country as a whole to ensure that the best jobs go to the best people no matter their gender.
    Women upset the workplace. have you seen the amount of personal things littered around the workplace about people they have feelings for? women will make men think of their co workers more, distracting them. hell, a whole decision might be made with sex in mind.

    But how would you remove that vote?

    Modern relationships, personal or business, in a modern world usually relies on cooperation and negotiation and not by fiat from some authority figure. This produces the best set of outcomes because you have more minds on the matter and you get to see the merits of different arguments play out. Then there are trade offs and reciprocation down the road, thus ensuring that both sides wins equally throughout time.


    Do you also have similar views as to the descendents of former slaves? This argument also applies there too. What about foreigners or other non-whites, non-English speakers? How far does this 'tradition' argument go? I know this OP is semi-tongue-in-cheek but you seem to arguing for a world where the white-man reigned supreme and although that might have worked out well if you fell into that specific demographic, there is largely no going back to it. Once people have tasted freedom, it becomes a little hard to take it away even if you do make a convincing argument.
    Which freedom will they be robbed of? will their lifestyles change because they cannot say what they want? what good is that first amendment anyways? how often do you need to say what you want? it is common knowledge that the only thing people will say that is not what they should be allowed to say remains unsaid, as, it is defamatory.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan2 View Post
    Because it is for the good of the child. haven't you heard that term before?
    How is it good for the child if his parents are fighting all the time?


    Women upset the workplace. have you seen the amount of personal things littered around the workplace about people they have feelings for? women will make men think of their co workers more, distracting them. hell, a whole decision might be made with sex in mind.
    Most men have sex on their minds anyway. With or without actual women being present. I think women add to the workplace in many ways so you are clearly wrong on this.

    Which freedom will they be robbed of? will their lifestyles change because they cannot say what they want? what good is that first amendment anyways? how often do you need to say what you want? it is common knowledge that the only thing people will say that is not what they should be allowed to say remains unsaid, as, it is defamatory.
    I can't say what I want anyway and it is all due to right wing men. That has nothing to do with women. I think if right wing men were not allowed to work then the world might be a better place.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJones8934 View Post
    How is it good for the child if his parents are fighting all the time?
    Because the parents must not fight, for the sake of the child. a common goal.

    Most men have sex on their minds anyway. With or without actual women being present. I think women add to the workplace in many ways so you are clearly wrong on this.
    If they think of sex all the time, as well as getting the attention of customers and such of the opposite sex, it is harmful. if women add to the workplace, they should be grouped together somewhere else and work. have you seen a woman's desk before? it is full of personal rubbish.

    I can't say what I want anyway and it is all due to right wing men. That has nothing to do with women. I think if right wing men were not allowed to work then the world might be a better place.
    Then there would be right win women working, and, that leads to sexual tension between the two companies.

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan2 View Post
    Because the parents must not fight, for the sake of the child. a common goal.
    Right that why divorce sometimes is a better solution. If you don't expect men and women to be in the same workplace together how can you expect a marriage to work!

    If they think of sex all the time, as well as getting the attention of customers and such of the opposite sex, it is harmful. if women add to the workplace, they should be grouped together somewhere else and work. have you seen a woman's desk before? it is full of personal rubbish.
    It's quite pleasurable actually. I don't see the harm at all.

    [
    Then there would be right win women working, and, that leads to sexual tension between the two companies.
    Not really. In a modern world everyone respects social boundaries so problems tend to be rare on that front.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJones8934 View Post
    Right that why divorce sometimes is a better solution. If you don't expect men and women to be in the same workplace together how can you expect a marriage to work!

    It's quite pleasurable actually. I don't see the harm at all.

    [
    Not really. In a modern world everyone respects social boundaries so problems tend to be rare on that front.
    Well, when women marry men, they must stay out of fights for the sake of the child.

    Your 'pleasure' is a distraction. just because in today's workplace they hire three people to do one person's job is because of women and men flirting or trying to impress each other. if the men were not waiting for calls or not being pro active, then they are lazy and should be replaced by women. is it true that you spend time with your feet up, if you work, and wait on change instead of being the change?

    If the workplace is full of men and women, why are the best schools - getting the best results - boys or girls schools?

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan2 View Post
    Well, when women marry men, they must stay out of fights for the sake of the child.
    But then that would put them at a disadvantage with their husbands. Why couldn't the men stay out fight

    Your 'pleasure' is a distraction. just because in today's workplace they hire three people to do one person's job is because of women and men flirting or trying to impress each other. if the men were not waiting for calls or not being pro active, then they are lazy and should be replaced by women. is it true that you spend time with your feet up, if you work, and wait on change instead of being the change?
    I don't think it affects productivity at all. I'm not sure what your exact scenario is. Do you have some real examples?

    If the workplace is full of men and women, why are the best schools - getting the best results - boys or girls schools?
    Girls schools.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJones8934 View Post
    But then that would put them at a disadvantage with their husbands. Why couldn't the men stay out fight
    If the parents have a argument, someone is in the wrong. is it always the men? maybe the woman forgot to collect their child from school? it can go both ways.

    I don't think it affects productivity at all. I'm not sure what your exact scenario is. Do you have some real examples?
    Okay, say a guy wants to discuss something with another person, and he waits to speak to the other person. then an attractive woman walks in! if the guy was to try to impress her with his information, it might lead to her promising contracts to people, that they have to revoke, and, discredit the company.

    If the males were to harass a woman in the workplace.

    Girls schools.
    Or boys schools, but, they will not follow this criteria for results if they mix, do they?

  11. #11
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan2 View Post
    If the parents have a argument, someone is in the wrong. is it always the men? maybe the woman forgot to collect their child from school? it can go both ways.
    I really don't think that kids get forgotten to get picked up! Do you have any realistic examples?

    Okay, say a guy wants to discuss something with another person, and he waits to speak to the other person. then an attractive woman walks in! if the guy was to try to impress her with his information, it might lead to her promising contracts to people, that they have to revoke, and, discredit the company.
    Not sure where you are from but flirting is very obvious in the modern world. And forming relations via a business contract makes no sense at all. Somehow I suspect that money ranks above sex in a business transaction.

    But by realistic, I was asking for a real story of something that happened.

    Or boys schools, but, they will not follow this criteria for results if they mix, do they?
    I don't think it matters as much as you say. do you have any studies to bear this out?

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJones8934 View Post
    I really don't think that kids get forgotten to get picked up! Do you have any realistic examples?

    Not sure where you are from but flirting is very obvious in the modern world. And forming relations via a business contract makes no sense at all. Somehow I suspect that money ranks above sex in a business transaction.

    But by realistic, I was asking for a real story of something that happened.

    I don't think it matters as much as you say. do you have any studies to bear this out?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...ead-warns.html

    I can remember many times people in the workplace fighting over a woman's attention.

  13. #13
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    That's just one person's anecdotal claim. I'm talking about a proper scientific study.

    I can remember many times people in the workplace fighting over a woman's attention.
    Fighting? Really? Perhaps you're right if you live in some primitive backwaters but most people tend not to have workplace relationships due to problems down the road.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJones8934 View Post
    That's just one person's anecdotal claim. I'm talking about a proper scientific study.
    Well, logically, being around members of the opposite sex makes people act differently.

    Fighting? Really? Perhaps you're right if you live in some primitive backwaters but most people tend not to have workplace relationships due to problems down the road.
    If you were to observe the men racing to open a door for a woman outside in the rain, is that not the beginning of tension?

  15. #15
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan2 View Post
    Well, logically, being around members of the opposite sex makes people act differently.
    That may well be true but most adults tend to behave appropriately and there are social constraints that limit what actions are possible.

    If you were to observe the men racing to open a door for a woman outside in the rain, is that not the beginning of tension?
    No, it's just being polite. What world are you living in?

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJones8934 View Post
    That may well be true but most adults tend to behave appropriately and there are social constraints that limit what actions are possible.
    Chivalry is about getting in woman's pants with consent.

    No, it's just being polite. What world are you living in?
    Chivalry is about getting in women's pants with consent.

  17. #17
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan2 View Post
    Chivalry is about getting in woman's pants with consent.

    Chivalry is about getting in women's pants with consent.
    I open doors for both men and women - does that make me bisexual !? I also hold a door open for someone following me too so what are you reading into that situation?

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJones8934 View Post
    I open doors for both men and women - does that make me bisexual !? I also hold a door open for someone following me too so what are you reading into that situation?
    Forget about the doors - are you on drugs? i mean men and women are just out to impress each other. if the boss took the work place to the beach, would it work? men and women? if men and women are to coexist, then they need to be separated from each other so they can concentrate. mating is our most primal of urges - the way god made us. this urge overrides all logic and stuff. most people spend their time at work thinking about what they will be doing after work, adding women to it makes it worse.

  19. #19
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan2 View Post
    Forget about the doors - are you on drugs? i mean men and women are just out to impress each other. if the boss took the work place to the beach, would it work? men and women? if men and women are to coexist, then they need to be separated from each other so they can concentrate. mating is our most primal of urges - the way god made us. this urge overrides all logic and stuff. most people spend their time at work thinking about what they will be doing after work, adding women to it makes it worse.
    What do you do about gay men or gay women or bisexuals or asexuals? It seems that in your world splitting people up based upon their 'primal urges' seems like a full time job!

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Women Should Not Have Equal Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJones8934 View Post
    What do you do about gay men or gay women or bisexuals or asexuals? It seems that in your world splitting people up based upon their 'primal urges' seems like a full time job!
    Of course, but people shy away from these gay urges, in my experience.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Men and women are not equal.
    By holykhw in forum General Debate
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2013, 10:23 AM
  2. Separate but Equal
    By Fangrim in forum Social Issues
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
  3. All equal?
    By princefigs in forum General Debate
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: March 17th, 2008, 02:00 PM
  4. Are men and women equal.
    By xennaq in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: July 26th, 2004, 05:01 PM
  5. Equal Rights for Whites
    By Eromyah in forum General Debate
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 28th, 2004, 03:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •