Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Poll: Select your CMS of choice and motivate why you believe it is the best.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Which Content Management System is the best?

Due to the nature of my work I get into contact with a lot of people who are doing web development and design. I had a very interesting discussion with someone over the phone a week ago and he mentioned that many people in the US actually use WordPress to develop their sites.

I tried WordPress around 3 years ago and wasn't impressed much and ever since then I have been using Joomla instead. I find it to be easy and although it is open source, the support has been awesome so far.

I have no idea if anybody else on ODN have experience in Content Management Systems, but would like to hear your take on it.

Select which CMS you prefer and support why you like it. I list only those I am most familiar with.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Content Management System is the best?

I can't offer any personal experience or opinion, but here is a website that may be useful: http://www.opensourcecms.com/general...p?pagenumber=1

You might try sorting by user ratings, and then review comments left by users. Joomla comes up near the top of the list.
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth." - Ronald Reagan

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Content Management System is the best?

I have used Joomla, GiT, and Perforce mostly. Among those, my favorite is Perforce. It is the most robust and full-featured. It offers distributed and local management configurations. I think there is now a cloud option for Perforce as well. Joomla, when I last used it, just seemed clunky and not as responsive. GiT, you have to provide your own UI. I used Tortoise for Windows. But, I prefer to have tools that are fully integrated into the system.
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.