Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Support the travelling pant suit

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    How you get to that from someone who said 6 months ago he would have voted for her and worker for her supports my argument. That both you and eye are unwilling to accept the FBI's handling of the matter shows that your only concern is political - that you are winning in realm of public opinion in that what I am describing (the endless investigation and its media coverage) works...for now, which, true, is incredibly important considering the political season we are in.

Long term? I see nothing there any more important than whitewater.
    1) I didn't base my point on his comment. I did not paste the entirety of Eye's post. I was commenting on Eye's post as a whole.
    2) If you have already decided this is nothing more than Whitewater, then you've already made up your mind that nothing illegal has occurred. It should still be noted that during Whitewater, one of the problems was that Hillary was less than forthcoming with the information she had. So, if anyone is making a political argument, it is you.
    3) I am unclear where you have arrived at the belief that I am unwilling to accept the FBI's handling of the matter. The fact is that they are investigating her use of these private servers. They are investigating to whom she shared intelligence information with. They are investigating her claims that she didn't transmit classified information. They are investigating her claims that she only removed personal information from the server. So, if the FBI decides she broke one or more rules pertaining to the handling of classified information, would you be willing to admit she lied? Would you be willing to admit she mishandled information pertaining to national security? Or will you just shrug and continue to claim, nothing to see here?

Also, it has recently come out, her private server was located in some small firm's bathroom closet..... Former employees were kind of shocked that their company was chosen to provide this service as they had no experience handling government information. Frankly, as each day passes, this story is getting worse and worse for Hillary. However... It does not have to be her death knell. If she is politically nimble enough, she can climb out of this. However, I do not know if the circumstances exist to provide her the platform. This goes back to my Vietnam/Nixon comparison. Her issue, right now, is that she is stuck on using Karl Rove's playbook of divide and conquer. This worked well for Bush and then Obama. I think she learned that lesson from her last election. However, the political tide has turned and the Rovian strategy will not work for her due to her public perception (whether you believe it is fair or not). The Rovian strategy of microtargeting really played well to the Democratic's natural tendency to appeal to minorities and subgroups. I don't think Hillary can afford to do this though. She has to find a large coalition in order to alter the global meme of her character. Again, this is my personal opinion, but I've been saying this for a while now and all indications (i.e. the poll numbers) are that I am trending to be correct.
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

2. Thanks Squatch347 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ibelsd View Post

Also, it has recently come out, her private server was located in some small firm's bathroom closet...

Can this be supported or is this more nonsense hyperbole you heard from Limbaugh...kind of like Sandy Burger smuggling out documents in his underwear.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Can this be supported or is this more nonsense hyperbole you heard from Limbaugh...kind of like Sandy Burger smuggling out documents in his underwear.
    Wow, way to miss the larger point he was making and, rather, to insist on support for a trivially obvious point:

The IT company Hilary Clinton chose to maintain her private email account was run from a loft apartment and its servers were housed in the bathroom closet, Daily Mail Online can reveal.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ages-held.html

Now, that out of the way, will you answer his questions?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

5. Thanks Ibelsd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    Wow, way to miss the larger point he was making and, rather, to insist on support for a trivially obvious point:

The IT company Hilary Clinton chose to maintain her private email account was run from a loft apartment and its servers were housed in the bathroom closet, Daily Mail Online can reveal.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ages-held.html

Now, that out of the way, will you answer his questions?

"Baffled by how Clinton decided to hire Platte River, ex-employees suggested David DeCamillis, the company's vice-president of sales and marketing might have had a hand in courting her business.
    Another theory put forward was that Colorado governor John Hickenlooper recommended them to her. The Democratic National Convention was held in Denver in 2008.
    Tera said: 'David DeCamillis was a big Democrat. He went to the Democrat Convention."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3jNJTPE00
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sounds reasonable to me, or is there something else nefarious I am missing there?

Is there anything specifically wrong with a server in the bathroom closet? or closet off the bathroom? whatever. I'll agree that it will play well on corporate media.

I'll answer his question with another? Will you agree with the FBI's findings or hatch some even new conspiracy theories?

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds reasonable to me, or is there something else nefarious I am missing there?
    Cowboy, your quote has nothing to do with the issue that was, apparently, in question. You asked for it to be supported, and it was supported.

Now, can you respond to IBELSD's questions, yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    Will you agree with the FBI's findings or hatch some even new conspiracy theories?
    I'm not sure what you are referring to. The only claims on this issue that I've made are that Secretary Clinton broke the law. That is a claim I proved on this thread. What Ibelsd is asking about are the political repercussions of such an event. Can you directly address his questions?
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I'll answer his question with another? Will you agree with the FBI's findings or hatch some even new conspiracy theories?
    Answering a question with a question is not answering the question. So, for the record, you refuse to answer my very simple question.

I'm just wondering at what point you find Hillary's actions unreasonable... Past employees of the IT company in question believed they were probably not the best choice being a strictly local IT company to that point and having zero experience in managing government data. Again, though, as Squatch pointed out, you are kind of cherry picking my arguments and avoiding the larger point. Her actions have resulted in an FBI investigation and the general impression by the public is that she's an untrustworthy candidate. Even some of those who previously were among her biggest supporters are coming to this conclusion. So, the real question is whether she has learned anything from her previous political experiences and will she be nimble enough to change her campaign's course or will she again fall to some B-list candidate (you can choose whether B is a lexicographical reference or short for Barry).
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

9. Likes MindTrap028 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what you are referring to. The only claims on this issue that I've made are that Secretary Clinton broke the law. That is a claim I proved on this thread. What Ibelsd is asking about are the political repercussions of such an event. Can you directly address his questions?

That you are in disagreement with the FBI on this matter - as I've supported in post 137 - further supports that all you are interested in is the witch hunt and its political ramifications. Very effective, I agree.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Cowboy, your quote has nothing to do with the issue that was, apparently, in question. You asked for it to be supported, and it was supported.

Now, can you respond to IBELSD's questions, yes or no?

That a start-up operated out of meek circumstances, not that surprising. That they got their contract from political connections and activity, again, not surprising.

That said, I'd like to know what the significance is that the server was located in a closet.

I guess we'll see who agrees and who disagrees with the FBI's conclusions.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

That said, I'd like to know what the significance is that the server was located in a closet.

I guess we'll see who agrees and who disagrees with the FBI's conclusions.
    Cowboy, none of this answer's his questions. At this point you are just spamming the thread. Can you answer IBELSD's questions or not?

So, if the FBI decides she broke one or more rules pertaining to the handling of classified information, would you be willing to admit she lied? Would you be willing to admit she mishandled information pertaining to national security? Or will you just shrug and continue to claim, nothing to see here?

Post Thanks / Like

Cowboy, none of this answer's his questions. At this point you are just spamming the thread. Can you answer IBELSD's questions or not?

So, if the FBI decides she broke one or more rules pertaining to the handling of classified information, would you be willing to admit she lied? Would you be willing to admit she mishandled information pertaining to national security? Or will you just shrug and continue to claim, nothing to see here?
    Sure, I don't know about the lied part. What did she lie about?

But with the support I've provided and the revelations made by Colin Powell and about what Karl Rove did its sounding to me like this is nothing new or out of the ordinary. That it wasn't made a big deal of at the time of those incidents further supports my witch-hunt argument...especially in the case of Rove. Could you seriously say he was investigated anywhere near Hillary, that that "scandal" (it wasn't even close to being portrayed as one) was vetted anywhere near as much as Benghazi has (producing nothing I would add).

Since I'm the one who has been attacked as a political hack, where was your sanctimonious concern about oversight and records preservation then?

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/12/the_...otten_partner/

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, I don't know about the lied part. What did she lie about?

But with the support I've provided and the revelations made by Colin Powell and about what Karl Rove did its sounding to me like this is nothing new or out of the ordinary. That it wasn't made a big deal of at the time of those incidents further supports my witch-hunt argument...especially in the case of Rove. Could you seriously say he was investigated anywhere near Hillary, that that "scandal" (it wasn't even close to being portrayed as one) was vetted anywhere near as much as Benghazi has (producing nothing I would add).

Since I'm the one who has been attacked as a political hack, where was your sanctimonious concern about oversight and records preservation then?

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/12/the_...otten_partner/
    You are making a failed argument of equivocation. Karl Rove's unethical behavior has no bearing on Hillary's unethical behavior. But, since you are comparing the two, on the surface, it seems both behaved unethically. And, if Rove were running for President today, I am sure this issue would come up. So, the question is, did you personally find Rove's behavior unethical? If so, then the media coverage, or your perception of it, is not relevant. Furthermore, none of it really matters when we are looking at who Americans will elect next year. All that matters is what Hillary has done and how her actions have resulted in a loss of trust.

Post Thanks / Like

And, if Rove were running for President today, I am sure this issue would come up.
    The only reason it matters is that Hillary is running for office, thanks for admitting that.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason it matters is that Hillary is running for office, thanks for admitting that.
    The only reason it is getting media attention and that we are discussing it is because Hillary is running for office. It matters regardless of the coverage.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

What is her potential path to the White House if one still exists and is she nimble enough to follow it.
    I think name recognition and the ideology of her party would be her path. Some people might consider it a shoe in -- but I don't. Personally, I would think her lack of trust by voters would be an issue, but if the dems really have no one else that they feel can make it, they are somewhat stuck with Hilary and have no other option but to nominate her regardless of her lack of thrust issue by voters. Personally, I think her lack of likability is more of a liability. Bill was likable -- she is not. Likability is not something a presidential candidate can fabricate or pretend -- you either have it or you don't. And you can't wipe a server clean of your unlike ability. One wears it 24/7.

It seems there are slim pickings from liberals for voters next year for this rather important office. I find that somewhat odd and perhaps telling.
    Last edited by eye4magic; August 21st, 2015 at 01:53 PM.
    Close your eyes. Fall in love. Stay there.
    Rumi

[Eye4magic]
    Super Moderator
    ODN Rules

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eye4magic View Post
    I think name recognition and the ideology of her party would be her path. Some people might consider it a shoe in -- but I don't. Personally, I would think her lack of trust by voters would be an issue, but if the dems really have no one else that they feel can make it, they are somewhat stuck with Hilary and have no other option but to nominate her regardless of her lack of thrust issue by voters. Personally, I think her lack of likability is more of a liability. Bill was likable -- she is not. Likability is not something a presidential candidate can fabricate or pretend -- you either have it or you don't. And you can't wipe a server clean of your unlike ability. One wears it 24/7.

It seems there are slim pickings from liberals for voters next year for this rather important office. I find that somewhat odd and perhaps telling.
    Ok, but appealing to the Dem base only gets you 1/2 there. You still have to pick up a majority of independents to get to the white house. And she has to get a large enough turnout from her base, so, if they are not too excited about her, they may not show up to the polls.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Liar!....

Apparently, when asked to play word association, that's the first word people think of when they think of Hillary.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...or-2016-213100

To bolster my point which is apparently not my own:
    "It is a twist of history not likely to be lost on Hillary Rodham Clinton that only one person in modern times has managed to win the presidency after roughly two decades as a famous and polarizing figure in the first rank of political life. His name: Richard M. Nixon."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...#ixzz3kP9AG4Mo

"In 1968, with the help of Madison Avenue and a young show-biz whiz named Roger Ailes, Nixon managed to position himself, to coin a phrase, as “likable enough” to be president. Yet there was never a “New Nixon,” any more than there is likely to be a “New Clinton.” "

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...#ixzz3kP9AG4Mo

So, Hillary needs to ask herself... can she be the new Nixon?

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure someone could write a better movie script based upon a true story of political ethics gone south.

So as it stands, Mrs. Clinton turned over some 30K work-related e-mails to the State Department. She also has publicly stated that she deleted 31,830 of her e-mails that she claimed to be personal.

Now we have, according to Radar Online, a hacker in Eastern Europe who has all of Mrs. Clinton’s deleted emails and he’s apparently turning them over to the FBI. He was apparently first going to try to sell them for $500K. Now this remains to be seen, but it doesn’t look like all Clinton's deleted email were personal. Who would have guessed that? I wonder who else has a copy of the then Secretary of State’s government sensitive (classified) emails what were hacked, seeing that there are lots of hackers out there.

An insiders told Radar “If these emails get out to the public domain, not only is Hillary finished as a potential Presidential nominee, she could put our country’s national security at risk.”
    Radar has learned that some of the topics discussed in the email appear to include everything from Benghazi to the Algerian hostage crisis — with subject lines such as:

“H Libya security latest. Sid” (with attachment)
    “H FYI, best analysis so far of hearing Sid,’ about the latest security
    in Libya”
    “H Algeria latest French Intel on Algeria hostage Sid”
    “H Latest French Intel in Algeria hostage Sid” (with attachment)
    “H Latest Libya intel internal govt discussions high level” (with
    attachment)
    “H HIGHLY IMPORTANT! Comprehensive Intel Report on (with attachment)”

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-new...urns-over-fbi/
    Close your eyes. Fall in love. Stay there.
    Rumi

[Eye4magic]
    Super Moderator
    ODN Rules

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eye4magic View Post
    I’m not sure someone could write a better movie script based upon a true story of political ethics gone south.

So as it stands, Mrs. Clinton turned over some 30K work-related e-mails to the State Department. She also has publicly stated that she deleted 31,830 of her e-mails that she claimed to be personal.

Now we have, according to Radar Online, a hacker in Eastern Europe who has all of Mrs. Clinton’s deleted emails and he’s apparently turning them over to the FBI. He was apparently first going to try to sell them for $500K. Now this remains to be seen, but it doesn’t look like all Clinton's deleted email were personal. Who would have guessed that? I wonder who else has a copy of the then Secretary of State’s government sensitive (classified) emails what were hacked, seeing that there are lots of hackers out there.

An insiders told Radar “If these emails get out to the public domain, not only is Hillary finished as a potential Presidential nominee, she could put our country’s national security at risk.”
    Radar has learned that some of the topics discussed in the email appear to include everything from Benghazi to the Algerian hostage crisis — with subject lines such as:

“H Libya security latest. Sid” (with attachment)
    “H FYI, best analysis so far of hearing Sid,’ about the latest security
    in Libya”
    “H Algeria latest French Intel on Algeria hostage Sid”
    “H Latest French Intel in Algeria hostage Sid” (with attachment)
    “H Latest Libya intel internal govt discussions high level” (with
    attachment)
    “H HIGHLY IMPORTANT! Comprehensive Intel Report on (with attachment)”

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-new...urns-over-fbi/
    I dislike Hillary as much as anyone, however.... I don't see this story being covered on any other news media site. I'm not saying RadarOnline isn't the absolute pinnacle of all news... except I'm kinda of saying I don't think RadarOnline is the absolute pinnacle of all news. So, until this story is covered by one or more of the reputable news services, I'm going to respectfully remain skeptical.

Consider even Breitbart
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ss-to-hackers/
    Just put out an article which touted her email server's lack of security. Nowhere is it mentioned that a known hack occurred.

I cannot find this story on Fox and if any of the big news centers would be covering this story, it'd be them.

Post Thanks / Like

The revelations of Kevin McCarthy...surprisingly candid and refreshing...as explained by Thom:

https://youtu.be/Tj-LLVIgrcs

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Here's more info on what was admitted:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251634611

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/ite...n-t-be-speaker

"especially when it comes to things like the Benghazi investigation, which McCarthy himself now admits was always about sabotaging Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign."

Like I said I find this refreshing, instead of the sanctimonious flag-waving patriotic ******** just say it. "We're trying to take you down and this is how we're going to do it."

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

The revelations of Kevin McCarthy...surprisingly candid and refreshing...as explained by Thom:

https://youtu.be/Tj-LLVIgrcs

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Here's more info on what was admitted:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251634611

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/ite...n-t-be-speaker

"especially when it comes to things like the Benghazi investigation, which McCarthy himself now admits was always about sabotaging Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign."

Like I said I find this refreshing, instead of the sanctimonious flag-waving patriotic ******** just say it. "We're trying to take you down and this is how we're going to do it."
    Does not really change her culpability in all of it, does it? And, we don't do link warz in here. So, if you have a specific point you'd like to offer, then please do so. Otherwise, you've just offered a quote about someone's opinion about McCarthy's opinion. How does this alter the fact that Clinton is a liar, flirted (if not broke disclosure laws) and that most people don't trust her?

23. Thanks Squatch347 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does not really change her culpability in all of it, does it?
    To anyone with a brain, or a pulse for that matter, it does since I've posted plenty of evidence to the contrary that she did anything wrong or out of the ordinary.

As for your quip about linkwarz the entire exchange with McCarthy was presented.

That it has been admitted that the endless investigations were for political ends meshes up perfectly with my hypothesis all along.

It feels good to be proven right.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast