Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Krugman=Insane

Hybrid View

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Krugman=Insane

This may belong in the "Off-Topic" forum:

Powerline and rightwingnuthouse offer their respective smackdowns of Krugman's latest NY Times column (subscription req.), which makes the claim: "America isn't yet a place where liberal politicians, and even conservatives who aren't sufficiently hard-line, fear assassination. But unless moderates take a stand against the growing power of domestic extremists, it can happen here."

Any Krugmanphiles who want to defend the intellectual giant? It's hard for me to disagree with Dr. Ahab on this one...
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Krugman=Insane

Clive Staples \/

Blogs ^

Just can't get enough, can you? Why on earth are you of all people reading "rightwingnut" or whatever it is?

Here. While you're at it, why not tackle www.freepress.org...

... or maybe you could try explaining your stance on why you feel the bloggers are wrong and what your stance is.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get the sense that he is touting, conservatives are plotting to assasinate folks head fer the hills. More an analogy with historical references with a "remember the sins of the past" overlay.

Eh, to each his own.

Just remember, when religion ruled the world, it was called the Dark Ages for a reason.
    But if you do not find an intelligent companion, a wise and well-behaved person going the same way as yourself, then go on your way alone, like a king abandoning a conquered kingdom, or like a great elephant in the deep forest. - Buddha

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slipnish
    Just remember, when religion ruled the world, it was called the Dark Ages for a reason.
    Of topic:

The Dark Ages were caused by the collapse of the worlds only real power and sense of order ,not to mention the proliferation of invading barbarian tribes.

If anybody can be thanked for bringing us out of the so called "Dark Ages" it is the Catholic Church.
    I typically cite original research papers and reviews that are available only to a personal or institutional subscriptional. If you wish a PDF copy of the papers I cite, send me a request.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chadn737
    The Dark Ages were caused by the collapse of the worlds only real power and sense of order ,not to mention the proliferation of invading barbarian tribes.

If anybody can be thanked for bringing us out of the so called "Dark Ages" it is the Catholic Church.
    Well, the first one is relatively true. And the second is gray area.

Depends if you want to consider the economic push of foreign trade routes thanks to better sailing ships, the invention of the printing press to better pass ideas amongst the populace (improved literacy and allowed for the majority of the populace to understand the state of the world around them), feudelism, or the rise of national monarchies

Catholicism helped provide the basis for the first true European "identity" allowing Bishops and the church to take a central role in Dark Age society...but I don't think we can really "thank" them for bailing us out of the Dark Ages. They did much, but not all....

Anyway, this is all off-topic and really moot anyway....

And I don't trust blogs. They don't seem to have that whole "unbiased" thing going on. Not the ones i've experienced.
    What is it like to be Libertarian and an Atheist? Imagine having the freedom to believe whatever you want, without the responsibility of it ever becoming accepted in the majority.

It's a truly magical feeling. Equal parts happiness and depression.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Why on earth are you of all people reading "rightwingnut" or whatever it is?
    It's a humorous name, like "rightwingconspiracy".

... or maybe you could try explaining your stance on why you feel the bloggers are wrong and what your stance is.
    My stance on...why I feel the bloggers...what?

Just remember, Christians made a lot of the first schools, hospitals, libraries, translations, books, and, oh yeah, that whole thing about writing music down on paper. But no, you're totally right: religion sucks.

Hey, Zhavric: good rebuttal. "You're just eating up whatever they say." Wow, you just made me reverse my position on Paul Krugman! Good debate, guys.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME