Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Hi all

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all

Been pretty scarce lately due to life changes and the like.

I got laid off from my regular work and had to hit the Job hunt hard, not much time for debate. Then in the midst of that I decided I'd had enough of working for others and wanted to strike out and create my own company or at least work independently. My wife and I also decided we would sell our home and nearly everything we own and trade it in for being debt free and owning an Airstream travel trailer and truck so we could travel across America while building our business.

Needless to say that's left almost no time for the usual debate antics here on beloved ODN.

If you are curious you can check out our fledgling adventures at... www.TrailAndHitch.com

If anyone here wants to do any live debate or just say hi, let me know where you live and if we roll into your part of the US or Canada I'll try to say hi. You can email me: Sigfried@gmail.com with contact info. It could take quite a while as we plan a slow journey but it would be cool to say hi to folks I've crossed intellectual sabers with.
    Feed me some debate pellets!

2. Thanks Squatch347 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi all

You are a bold man indeed , and being debt free is a difficult achievement especially for the wealthy.
    To be poor and debt free is is usually only chosen by necessity.
    Keep rolling you have many adventures ahead , some good, some bad, some worthwhile, but all character building.

4. Thanks Sigfried thanked for this post
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is one heck of a change. Good for you, are you still considering the Sound your home base, or are you truly nomads now?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions. -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    Wow, that is one heck of a change. Good for you, are you still considering the Sound your home base, or are you truly nomads now?
    Mostly true nomads. We have to have a state residence and physical mailing address for our business. For now that is in Washington so this is where we vote and pay tax for the time being. And of course we have a lot of friends and family here. But no property or storage here, just what we can carry in the truck and trailer.

Bodies on the road, minds in the cloud.
    Feed me some debate pellets!

7. Likes Lukecash12, Squatch347 liked this post