Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

People at my church seem to dislike, ignore and try to get away from me, especially t

People at my church seem to dislike, ignore and try to get away from me, especially this one girl who was about to leave on a trip so this was her last week at church for a while, so at the end of the service she went around to everyone in the room and hugged and said goodbye to them. She did this with everyone except me. Why is that? Why would she just completely pass over me.. And when I walked out to say bye she just ignored me. I have asked in the past if I did or said anything to upset or offended her but she said no everything is fine. Then why does she just ignore and try to get away from me?
    Also, she seems to be out of town a lot lately and skipping church meetings. I am wondering if she is out of town as an excuse to get away from being at church groups because she wants to get away from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: People at my church seem to dislike, ignore and try to get away from me, especial

I read an identical post on the forum DebatingChristianiy.com. The person who responded to your post on that forum gave good advice, "Talk to your Pastor, not strangers."
    The brutal, soul-shaking truth is that we are so earthly minded we are of no heavenly use.
    Leonard Ravenhill

Blog

3. Thanks Lukecash12 thanked for this post
    ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: People at my church seem to dislike, ignore and try to get away from me, especial

Take showers more often perhaps?

Sounds like you have a thing for the young lady, its possible your actions have creeped her out and she is avoiding you.
    Feed me some debate pellets!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

You say people, but only offer a single girl as an example. You're probably right. She does not like you. You may be right that nobody like you. Hell, I've read a single paragraph from you and don't find you particularly likable. Kind of whiny and a bit self-centered. Are you actually wondering if she is traveling a lot in order to avoid you? Good god man. There are nine (or is it 10) planets in this solar system and none revolve around you. I am guessing this girl does not revolve around you either. Sig offered the best advice. Take a shower.

Now, if this is a real plea for help from an honest soul... take theo's advice. Go get help from a professional and/or from someone you trust. Posting this to a bunch of strangers on a debate website is just weird. Which is why it is just assumed that you're trolling.
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

6. Thanks Lukecash12 thanked for this post
    Likes theophilus liked this post
    ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

This should be in Shootin the Breeze I would suggest. To be honest with you...maybe she is shy, or maybe you should really take a shower like Sig suggested. There can be a million reasons why she doesn't want to get close to you. Just remember, there are many fish in the sea.
    >>]Aspoestertjie[<<

ODN Rules

Join our Facebook Page here!

Post Thanks / Like

Do talk with your pastor. I am sure he knows your congregation very well and will be as frank as YOU will let him as to any problems. The girl in question may have already talked to him, so he might already understand.

But the real truth is, not everybody will like you back. The good news is, there are soooo many girls looking, there is a very good chance that you can find a girl that thinks your quirks (whatever they are, we are all odd in our own way) interesting. Keep looking. It's fun to meet new girls. Each and everyone has a quality better than the last one you met. And it will always be so. Look long enough and you might find one you want to live with. But until then, reach out and say hi (don't get needy/weird).

Post Thanks / Like

I should agree with other people from this debate: go and talk to your Pastor. I am sure in fact there is nothing awful in the actions of this girl. You just too much concentrate on her conduct. But why do you switch her attitude to the other people? It seems to me that they treat you not bad.