Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What happens if Clinton scandal is real?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibelsd View Post
    That is just disrespectful. If I take the time to write it, you can read it or concede the debate.
    No time for your manifestos. I answered the first two things that popped out at me. Nothing else seemed important. Was it? I mean really the Lewinsky "scandal"...that's what you take to be important? Purportedly he wasn't even cheating.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    No time for your manifestos. I answered the first two things that popped out at me. Nothing else seemed important. Was it? I mean really the Lewinsky "scandal"...that's what you take to be important? Purportedly he wasn't even cheating.
    I stand by my posts and if you wish to address my arguments you may. If you do not wish to do so, then you can concede the debate or leave this topic quietly. Your decision.
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

Post Thanks / Like

There's no requirement that I respond to each and every point...or how I go about doing that, especially when they are nonsense or unimportant as pointed out in my last post.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

There's no requirement that I respond to each and every point...or how I go about doing that, especially when they are nonsense or unimportant as pointed out in my last post.
    Not responding is fine. Responding by telling people you don't care about their post or you think it is garbage or what not is rude and disrespectful. Try to respect your debate opponents at all times and be as polite a you can muster. If you don't want to respond to something, just remain silent.
    Feed me some debate pellets!

5. Thanks MindTrap028 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    Not responding is fine. Responding by telling people you don't care about their post or you think it is garbage or what not is rude and disrespectful. Try to respect your debate opponents at all times and be as polite a you can muster. If you don't want to respond to something, just remain silent.
    I didn't say they were garbage, I said they were unimportant...then the whining began.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't say they were garbage, I said they were unimportant...then the whining began.
    Look man, you offended the guy, were disrespectful and he called you on it. Does it really hurt to just say you are sorry to have offered offense and move on? All this is off topic but it's important with so few debaters left here we try to be mostly nice to one another in anything that is not direct argument. Of course we disagree and think various arguments are BS and so forth but to just blow off what people write is not so cool. We all put in some time in the debates and I for one appreciate it no mater how wrong anyone is.

8. Thanks MindTrap028, Ibelsd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Look man, you offended the guy, were disrespectful and he called you on it. Does it really hurt to just say you are sorry to have offered offense and move on? All this is off topic but it's important with so few debaters left here we try to be mostly nice to one another in anything that is not direct argument. Of course we disagree and think various arguments are BS and so forth but to just blow off what people write is not so cool. We all put in some time in the debates and I for one appreciate it no mater how wrong anyone is.
    Are you two putting me on? This is a joke, right?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Are you two putting me on? This is a joke, right?
    Nope. Just saying. It's not any kind of crisis, just not a cool thing to say and you more or less stood buy it. No one's angry here I think but it just seemed like something I felt I needed to say.

There is nothing I dislike more on ODN than lazy debating. It comes in a lot of forms. One of them is what you did, the "dismissal wave" another I hate is the "you havn't provided any support" when you are stating what is pretty well common knowledge to anyone paying attention to the subject. THey could go and make their own case, but they can't be bothered to do anything more than demand you do more work which they are going to disagree with anyway. Bleh!

I try to put time and effort into my argumetns and I like others to do the same. Someone makes a reasonable post they clearly put some effort in, and you come along and say "I just skimmed it" when you are the one it was directed at is disprespectful of someones time. Why would I want to argue with someone who is going to just skim and dismiss my arguments? I just wouldn't. It's not like you were being abusive, but it is antithetical to the whole purpose of the site. To have an EXCHANGE of views and arguments. Can't do tht if your opponent is to lazy to bother reading and considering what you say. Don't you think?

Post Thanks / Like

To have an EXCHANGE of views and arguments. Can't do tht if your opponent is to lazy to bother reading and considering what you say. Don't you think?
    No. Posting blather or nonsense is not intended to have an exchange, it is a waste of time and not worth considering.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

No. Posting blather or nonsense is not intended to have an exchange, it is a waste of time and not worth considering.
    If you want to be a dick, that's your prerogative but don't expect people to bother with further debate with you if you are going to be that way.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

We were talking about the difference between saying "I might have." and "I didn't" Might is an unknown. I suppose you can say that denying it is lying if you are not 100% certain, but most people don't make statements like that. I tend to be one of the few that really hedges what I say for fear of bieng a bit wrong. Also... she doesn't need a lawyer to tell her not to incriminate herself, she is a lawyer and knows that fine on her own.

I'm not having it both ways. I'm only saying that your call for her to be earnest in her uncertainty would be dumb for anyone in her possition. That doesn't mean she lied, only that when faced with any personal uncertainty she chose the answer in her best interest.
    Stop! Just stop! She said one thing (well many things) and they were not true. Period. If her best interest was to lie, then fine. She answered in her best interest and lied to do it. The two are not mutually exclusive. My kid tries to do it all the time.

A. They use the same icon no matter how many they are applying 1 pinochio to 4. Same symbol reguardless.
    B. Their own page doesn't list the word lie even once. It explains it is a measure of the truthfulness of the statements, not whether the false information is intentional or unintentionally false. Not one mention of the word lie, or decieve or anything like it on their explination of the system they use.
    C. They don't offer any evidence she lied, only that her statement was not correct aka wrong aka false.
    Whopper. That is how they describe four Pinocchios. For the dictionary definition of whoppper:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whopper
    "a big lie"

So, yeah, they do call it a lie.

I say the whores havn't done all that badly the last few decades with a few exceptions. I'll give a past to flatulent dumpster fire but kudos for a vivid image!

Any national election requires a level of whoring to achieve. You have to try and make a lot of people happy to garner that kind of support (aka money). We came close to having two populists, we got one, just one really crappy one.
    Again, this kind of goes back to our 2nd amendment discussion. I have mentioned this on ODN many times, but I don't think people believe me. In the book Truman, the late President is said to have bemoaned the terrible influence of FDR's New Deal policies on D.C. politics. The money being handed out by Washington culture. In other words, D.C. politicians were not always whores. And, sure, other than the housing crisis, a stagnant economy, unchecked immigration, inner city violence, educational malaise, et al. our current batch of whores have been wonderful.

Note:
    I'll make this my last argument on the issue of lying. For the record, I suspect she lied in at least some of her statements but I don't think that can realy be proven such to get her into legal trouble. Nor do I especially care given the subject being lied about. I just see it as her covering her ass for playing a litle fast and loose with the bearucratic rules, something I've certainly done a few times in my life.
    You do love your whores I guess.
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10