Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 256
  1. #181
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    I don't think we can ignore team politics here because if the roles were reversed, well, I don't want to think about it.
    That isn't a complete sentence. Why do the roles being reversed not alleviate us from critical thinking? IE if it was a Democrat President accusing his Republican predecessor of spying on him with no evidence, why then do we need to look past party labels to individual actions, but not here?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.


  2. #182
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    IE if it was a Democrat President accusing his Republican predecessor of spying on him with no evidence, why then do we need to look past party labels to individual actions, but not here?
    Because it wouldn't be taken seriously. Democrats aren't masters of scandals with little to no evidence and with playing them in the corporate media with ridiculous hyperbole and righteous indignation.

    Can you think of any that have been successful? I'm thinking of what happened to Dan Rather compared to what happened to John Kerry. The reverse would not have gone that way.

    But I was taking about Russia and what if it had been a Democrat with those ties. You're saying the situation would be the same?

    I don't.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  3. #183
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    I'd qualify my statements on republican foot-dragging. The clips are obscure but both are contained in the following video at 2:28 and 4:05

    Nunes never heard of Carter Page or Roger Stone?

    Suggesting Mannefort and others weren't "involved" in Trump's campaign is ridiculous?

    Please, this is distancing and deflection 101 with Nunes following Spicer's (the administration's) lead.

    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  4. #184
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    Because it wouldn't be taken seriously. Democrats aren't masters of scandals with little to no evidence and with playing them in the corporate media with ridiculous hyperbole and righteous indignation.
    You might be a bit too young, but you don't remember the "vast right wing conspiracy" comments? Both ideological sides have a predilection towards conspiracy theories, Democrats are no exemption here. They put forward the "deniers" idea that there was a vast oil industry conspiracy to silence climate change. Began (and believe in slightly larger numbers) that Bush caused 9/11 and that he intentionally fabricated WMD data to invade Iraq. And claimed that Russia hacked election machines.

    It is a bit silly to think that the media in general, like CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, the NTY, BBC, Al Jazeera, are willing to give Trump more credit for his twitter tantrums than they give Democrats for their conspiracy theories. If you think they aren't good at generating hysteria, I'd be a bit surprised. The Progressive movement, at its core is about noting that something is really bad and needs to be fixed, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    But I was taking about Russia and what if it had been a Democrat with those ties. You're saying the situation would be the same?
    You mean like when Ted Kennedy asked the USSR to interfere in US elections? Or Sec. Clinton's ties to Russian Oligarchs and reception of funds immediately prior to the Uranium decision? https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...pany.html?_r=0

    Or when she sold military technology to Russian oligarchs? http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/17/politi...ump/index.html


    But all of that ignores the primary question. If the roles were reversed, if a Democrat had made a claim without any evidence, and some Dem's were defending that President and some where criticizing him/her, why would we be justified in making the distinction between those two groups of Democrats, but not in this case?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.


  5. #185
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    You mean like when Ted Kennedy asked the USSR to interfere in US elections? Or Sec. Clinton's ties to Russian Oligarchs and reception of funds immediately prior to the Uranium decision? https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...pany.html?_r=0

    Or when she sold military technology to Russian oligarchs? http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/17/politi...ump/index.html
    Your NYtimes link is broken, but I don't think any of those rise to the level of espionage. Hillary has no access to Clinton Foundation money and Bill gave a speech as a private citizen - not a member of any campaign even.

    ---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    They put forward the "deniers" idea that there was a vast oil industry conspiracy to silence climate change.
    Well, of course, it doesn't have to "silence" climate change, just create some doubt...it worked excellently for tobacco for years.

    ---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    that he intentionally fabricated WMD data to invade Iraq.
    I'd say they ran with sketchy intelligence similarly to the aftermath of the Benghazi attack - and look how that turned out. Was there any near investigation of how we ended up invading a country over "chemical belts" and "mobile chemical production facilities"?

    Remember that airplane in the middle of the dessert where terrorists were supposedly training? Whatever happen to that?

    I always what does a "rape room" look like? How is it different than any other room? (other than a rape took place there)


    But I think this supports my point well, none of these went anywhere or took up any amount of time. The last real problem the republicans have had was probably Iran-Contra and that was well before they perfected their squawk machine. I remember listening to the actual news on the radio back then including simulcasts of the nightly news.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  6. #186
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    You might be a bit too young, but you don't remember the "vast right wing conspiracy" comments? Both ideological sides have a predilection towards conspiracy theories, Democrats are no exemption here. They put forward the "deniers" idea that there was a vast oil industry conspiracy to silence climate change. Began (and believe in slightly larger numbers) that Bush caused 9/11 and that he intentionally fabricated WMD data to invade Iraq. And claimed that Russia hacked election machines.

    It is a bit silly to think that the media in general, like CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, the NTY, BBC, Al Jazeera, are willing to give Trump more credit for his twitter tantrums than they give Democrats for their conspiracy theories. If you think they aren't good at generating hysteria, I'd be a bit surprised. The Progressive movement, at its core is about noting that something is really bad and needs to be fixed, right?



    You mean like when Ted Kennedy asked the USSR to interfere in US elections? Or Sec. Clinton's ties to Russian Oligarchs and reception of funds immediately prior to the Uranium decision? https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...pany.html?_r=0

    Or when she sold military technology to Russian oligarchs? http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/17/politi...ump/index.html


    But all of that ignores the primary question. If the roles were reversed, if a Democrat had made a claim without any evidence, and some Dem's were defending that President and some where criticizing him/her, why would we be justified in making the distinction between those two groups of Democrats, but not in this case?
    Just to support your theory. Let's look at a very current example.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urces-say.html
    http://thehill.com/homenews/news/327...-intel-reports

    http://www.cnn.com/
    http://www.msnbc.com/

    "White House lawyers discovered last month that Susan Rice, a national security adviser in the Obama administration, requested that identities of U.S. citizens be revealed in raw intelligence reports connected to President Trump's transition team, according to a Monday Bloomberg View report."

    So, this story, first reported by Bloomberg is being reported by FoxNews other outlets. However, the two big left-wing news sites seem to have omitted this story... I don't get it. They have been all over the Trump-Russia story from every angle imaginable (if by imaginable we mean every angle which puts Trump in a bad light). So, obviously, they have made a conscientious effort to not cover this story because it does not fit their chosen angle.
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

  7. #187
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibelsd View Post
    Just to support your theory. Let's look at a very current example.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urces-say.html
    http://thehill.com/homenews/news/327...-intel-reports

    http://www.cnn.com/
    http://www.msnbc.com/

    "White House lawyers discovered last month that Susan Rice, a national security adviser in the Obama administration, requested that identities of U.S. citizens be revealed in raw intelligence reports connected to President Trump's transition team, according to a Monday Bloomberg View report."

    So, this story, first reported by Bloomberg is being reported by FoxNews other outlets. However, the two big left-wing news sites seem to have omitted this story... I don't get it. They have been all over the Trump-Russia story from every angle imaginable (if by imaginable we mean every angle which puts Trump in a bad light). So, obviously, they have made a conscientious effort to not cover this story because it does not fit their chosen angle.
    I believe we discussed this above.

    "The standard for senior officials to learn the names of U.S. persons incidentally collected is that it must have some foreign intelligence value, a standard that can apply to almost anything. This suggests Rice's unmasking requests were likely within the law." (your source)

    There was an investigation going on into election meddling that led to sanctions and Trump's own public statements are enough to raise a red flag.

    "The news about Rice also sheds light on the strange behavior of Nunes in the last two weeks. It emerged last week that he traveled to the White House last month, the night before he made an explosive allegation about Trump transition officials caught up in incidental surveillance. At the time he said he needed to go to the White House because the reports were only on a database for the executive branch. It now appears that he needed to view computer systems within the National Security Council that would include the logs of Rice's requests to unmask U.S. persons.

    The ranking Democrat on the committee Nunes chairs, Representative Adam Schiff, viewed these reports on Friday. In comments to the press over the weekend he declined to discuss the contents of these reports, but also said it was highly unusual for the reports to be shown only to Nunes and not himself and other members of the committee." (same source)

    So, again, Nunes working diligently on the deflection angle - carrying water for the administration - something he would not be doing if it were a democrat.

    ---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

    https://youtu.be/vKpqRIFVXqM

    Obama's Watergate Begins

    @5:38

    "Because this is the real story not the Russian BS we're hearing about"

    So obviously trying to cover for Trump in the most hackish way possible.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  8. #188
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibelsd View Post
    So, obviously, they have made a conscientious effort to not cover this story because it does not fit their chosen angle.
    So weird, I wonder why? ;-)





    Cowboy you didn't answer my question;

    Question to opponent. If the roles were reversed, if a Democrat had made a claim without any evidence, and some Dem's were defending that President and some where criticizing him/her, why would we be justified in making the distinction between those two groups of Democrats, but not in this case?




    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    Well, of course, it doesn't have to "silence" climate change, just create some doubt...it worked excellently for tobacco for years.
    Right, a large cabal of people conspiring to "sew doubt." IE, a conspiracy.





    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    Your NYtimes link is broken, but I don't think any of those rise to the level of espionage. Hillary has no access to Clinton Foundation money and Bill gave a speech as a private citizen - not a member of any campaign even.
    That is odd. It worked on one of my laptops, but didn't on the other. Try this cleaned link:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...m-company.html

    Sorry for the confusion.

    Well, I'm not sure what definition of espionage you are using, but both would rise to that level. Subverting US interests to a foreign power for personal gain, for example, is by definition espionage. I get you don't think she did that, fair enough, but that isn't really the point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    But I think this supports my point well, none of these went anywhere or took up any amount of time.
    Are you seriously calling the "Bush lied about WMD in Iraq" controversy a flash in the pan? Are you kidding? We have news articles essentially unbroken from 2004 to 10 days ago. http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=WMD+lie&FORM=HDRSC3

    It was the major calling point in both the 2004 and 2008 campaigns.






    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    I always what does a "rape room" look like? How is it different than any other room? (other than a rape took place there)
    This is outside the scope of this thread, but I'm assuming you are referring to Uday's rape rooms? Having been to one set of these rooms personally and talked to girls (not women) who were raped in it, I can't let implying doubt on this one pass. The one I visited in southern Baghdad in 2004 was three rooms. One had a lavish couch and filing cabinet where the local school girls and intelligence files on women were stored (though to be fair, those were long gone by the time I got there). The next room had a king size bed bracket to the floor (which is why it wasn't stolen), with eyelets on the wall behind it. There was also a pommel horse in that room. the final room in the back was a windowless affair with eyelets in the walls, ceiling and floor. There was a small hole at the bottom of the far side of the room which the floor sloped towards (the Iraqi take on a drain), and a spigot as well. The village I patrolled told several stories of girls, usually between 8 and 13 being removed from their families for the night to this building. Most returned, though three families didn't have daughters anymore, one other had a daughter who died as part of the pregnancy later.

    Uday's monstrosity of a life is hardly a secret or poorly documented. We do a disservice, whatever our politics, to the memories of the girls and women he violated and murdered by denying it.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...annegoldenberg

    http://content.time.com/time/magazin...454453,00.html

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alleged-...hambers-found/ (This was a different palace complex than the one we were near, but similar concepts).
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.


  9. #189
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    I believe we discussed this above.

    "The standard for senior officials to learn the names of U.S. persons incidentally collected is that it must have some foreign intelligence value, a standard that can apply to almost anything. This suggests Rice's unmasking requests were likely within the law." (your source)

    There was an investigation going on into election meddling that led to sanctions and Trump's own public statements are enough to raise a red flag.

    "The news about Rice also sheds light on the strange behavior of Nunes in the last two weeks. It emerged last week that he traveled to the White House last month, the night before he made an explosive allegation about Trump transition officials caught up in incidental surveillance. At the time he said he needed to go to the White House because the reports were only on a database for the executive branch. It now appears that he needed to view computer systems within the National Security Council that would include the logs of Rice's requests to unmask U.S. persons.

    The ranking Democrat on the committee Nunes chairs, Representative Adam Schiff, viewed these reports on Friday. In comments to the press over the weekend he declined to discuss the contents of these reports, but also said it was highly unusual for the reports to be shown only to Nunes and not himself and other members of the committee." (same source)

    So, again, Nunes working diligently on the deflection angle - carrying water for the administration - something he would not be doing if it were a democrat.

    ---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

    https://youtu.be/vKpqRIFVXqM

    Obama's Watergate Begins

    @5:38

    "Because this is the real story not the Russian BS we're hearing about"

    So obviously trying to cover for Trump in the most hackish way possible.
    Let's stick with the argument being made. There is a news story. Rice, who denied previously any knowledge of how individuals' names were unmasked or otherwise known, suddenly implicated in the unmasking of those names. There is certainly a suspicion that her behavior was politically motivated. Certainly, the revelation is news-worthy. However, even though Bloomberg News sought fit to publish it (hardly known as a Republican mouth-piece), the two mainstream outlets who are also among the most liberal news sources in the U.S. both buried the story by simply pretending it didn't happen. In fairness, I did see that Anderson Cooper, on his tv show, spent at least a segment on it.

    Again, it is news worthy even if you do not believe it implicates her in something nefarious. So, let's not misdirect or imply claims I have not made.
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

  10. #190
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    So weird, I wonder why? ;-)





    Cowboy you didn't answer my question;

    Question to opponent. If the roles were reversed, if a Democrat had made a claim without any evidence, and some Dem's were defending that President and some where criticizing him/her, why would we be justified in making the distinction between those two groups of Democrats, but not in this case?
    I imagine I didn't read the question - or at least very carefully - or maybe did figure it worth answering. But here goes, it'd depend on the criticism. Asking for the evidence could interpreted as criticzing - it could also be doing exactly what the president wants.

    ---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post

    Are you seriously calling the "Bush lied about WMD in Iraq" controversy a flash in the pan? Are you kidding? We have news articles essentially unbroken from 2004 to 10 days ago. http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=WMD+lie&FORM=HDRSC3

    It was the major calling point in both the 2004 and 2008 campaigns.

    How many investigations were there? Were there any? I don't seem to remember any.

    I'd like to know where that plane is. Funny how it disappeared. I wonder if anyone went out there after the invasion.

    ---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibelsd View Post
    Rice, who denied previously any knowledge of how individuals' names were unmasked or otherwise known
    You'll have to support that. Challenge to support a claim.

    I suggest you do so thoroughly because from what I've seen there's been a lot of creative editing and taking out of context.

    and I agree, incredibly newsworthy - it was being reported all the way home on talk radio.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  11. #191
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    I suggest you do so thoroughly because from what I've seen there's been a lot of creative editing and taking out of context.

    and I agree, incredibly newsworthy - it was being reported all the way home on talk radio.

    And yet CNN and MSNBC remained silent.. That was my point. Everything else is just noise you have added. However, you have conceded my argument that the revelation is newsworthy.

    Just as an update, MSNBC leads with Rice, "I leaked nothing to nobody," which (if my grammar is on point) means she leaked something to someone??? Of course, that was not even the accusation being leveled in yesterday's headline. The closest MSNBC has to actually sharing the story with its readers is an "analysis" where the title is "Is Susan Rice responsible for unmasking Trump aides." They still do not actually offer a story that the accusation has been newly made in any sort of non-partisan or objective manner.

    CNN, actually has the gall to inform its readers that "Unmasking claim is false". But wait! They never even reported the original story which had nothing to do with a Trump accusation.

    So, this incredibly newsworthy story is not being reported by two major news outlets. Oh, but both MSNBC and CNN believe O'Reilly's sexual harassment issues are worthy of multiple stories... you know because that has major implications for the U.S. and the world.... Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick!
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

  12. #192
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibelsd View Post
    However, you have conceded my argument that the revelation is newsworthy.
    oops, you missed the context.

    "and I agree, incredibly newsworthy - it was being reported all the way home on talk radio."

    That this non-story - highlighted by your non-support - is being trumpeted through conservative media is telling enough:

    What Pisses Me Off About The Susan Rice Unmasking Scandal



    No need to watch it, it's obvious you've all received your marching orders - deflect from Trump's Russia problem with this.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  13. #193
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    But here goes, it'd depend on the criticism. Asking for the evidence could interpreted as criticzing - it could also be doing exactly what the president wants.
    Hmm, this seems to be a bit of a non-answer with a lot of hedge room. Take the exact players in the current "wiretapping" drama, and change the letters following their names. All the same language, all the same claims. Why, in that case, would we be justified in making the distinction between those two groups of Democrats, but not in this case?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.


  14. #194
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    Hmm, this seems to be a bit of a non-answer with a lot of hedge room. Take the exact players in the current "wiretapping" drama, and change the letters following their names. All the same language, all the same claims. Why, in that case, would we be justified in making the distinction between those two groups of Democrats, but not in this case?
    I don't understand the question.

    I wouldn't say I hedged the answer, I said it would be dependent on their motivation. Since they don't seem to be too upset about not receiving the evidence they asked for we can infer that they were just playing along.

    The plan is pretty clear - deflect and delay as long as possible to give the administration room.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  15. #195
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    I wouldn't say I hedged the answer, I said it would be dependent on their motivation. Since they don't seem to be too upset about not receiving the evidence they asked for we can infer that they were just playing along.
    Ok, so what I hear you saying here is that there really isn't a difference. If it was a Democrat President had made a claim without any evidence, and some Dem's were defending that President and some where criticizing him/her, we would be justified in saying that all Democrats were dragging their feet to protect the President?


    Also, do you have any support that they aren't upset? That might well be more of a function of your access to information rather than their actual positions, right?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.


  16. #196
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    Ok, so what I hear you saying here is that there really isn't a difference. If it was a Democrat President had made a claim without any evidence, and some Dem's were defending that President and some where criticizing him/her, we would be justified in saying that all Democrats were dragging their feet to protect the President?
    Sure, if that was the evident motivation. I haven't heard anything about it lately from the republicans...have you? I don't seem to hear anything about their being upset about him lying to them and the country. Whereas liar seemed to be synonymous with Hillary.

    ---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post

    Also, do you have any support that they aren't upset? That might well be more of a function of your access to information rather than their actual positions, right?
    Nope, I haven't heard anything about it. Looks like the plan went perfectly.

    Would they have dropped it so easily if it had been a democrat...not. Hence, it's perfect for this thread.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  17. #197
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    I haven't heard anything about it lately from the republicans...have you?
    Yep, Sen. McCain has been critical of this claim both 5 days ago and 2 days ago.

    Reps. King, Dent, and Flake called him to retract it about 7 days ago.

    Of course, part of that is that the committee hasn't met in the last week and has been focused on the Rice news, but the Republicans did demand, and obtained access to the documents Rep. Nunes saw earlier for the Democrat members of the committee, which is hardly "letting it go."




    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    Would they have dropped it so easily if it had been a democrat...not. Hence, it's perfect for this thread.
    So your argument is that the Republicans (as a group) are hypocritical because you believe they would have pursued a Democrat scandal, but you are assuming (assuming since you haven't provided evidence) they aren't pursuing this scandal?

    Hmm, then how do you explain Mr. Schiff, who was pursuing this as well...right up until the WH showed him documents last week?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.


  18. #198
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    oops, you missed the context.

    "and I agree, incredibly newsworthy - it was being reported all the way home on talk radio."

    That this non-story - highlighted by your non-support - is being trumpeted through conservative media is telling enough:

    What Pisses Me Off About The Susan Rice Unmasking Scandal



    No need to watch it, it's obvious you've all received your marching orders - deflect from Trump's Russia problem with this.
    Bloomberg news... that bastion of conservative views. Keep on deflecting hack boy.
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

  19. #199
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    So your argument is that the Republicans (as a group) are hypocritical because you believe they would have pursued a Democrat scandal, but you are assuming (assuming since you haven't provided evidence) they aren't pursuing this scandal?
    Please, I just show Nunes pretending to not know who Carter Page was.

    ---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    Yep, Sen. McCain has been critical of this claim both 5 days ago and 2 days ago.

    Reps. King, Dent, and Flake called him to retract it about 7 days ago.

    Of course, part of that is that the committee hasn't met in the last week and has been focused on the Rice news, but the Republicans did demand, and obtained access to the documents Rep. Nunes saw earlier for the Democrat members of the committee, which is hardly "letting it go."
    Right, and why is that? I'd say that sure isn't letting it go...more like let's look at something else.

    ---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibelsd View Post
    Bloomberg news... that bastion of conservative views. Keep on deflecting hack boy.
    Worst comeback ever. I'll ignore the pathetic personal attack.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  20. #200
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    Please, I just show Nunes pretending to not know who Carter Page was.

    ---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------



    Right, and why is that? I'd say that sure isn't letting it go...more like let's look at something else.

    ---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------



    Worst comeback ever. I'll ignore the pathetic personal attack.
    Ignored? You mean you have no response. Bloomberg isn't a right wing source and you know this even if you refuse to admit it.

    Don't your arms ever get tired from always carrying the Democrats' water?
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

 

 
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Republican Fratracide?
    By manise in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
  2. What is a democrat? A Republican?
    By Jamie678 in forum Politics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: January 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM
  3. What it means to be a Republican
    By Booger in forum Politics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2006, 03:27 AM
  4. Republican Floundering
    By Fyshhed in forum Politics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 5th, 2004, 07:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •