Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Republican Hypocracies

What does the above post have to do with Hypocrisy?
    I apologize to anyone waiting on a response from me. I am experiencing a time warp, suddenly their are not enough hours in a day. As soon as I find a replacement part to my flux capacitor regulator, time should resume it's normal flow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    What does the above post have to do with Hypocrisy?

"GOP leaders have said effectively nothing about the scandal."
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    "GOP leaders have said effectively nothing about the scandal."
    So, Dem silence on other issues, in light of their apparent bombastic cries now, is also hypocrisy on the left?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...n-resigns.html
    O he resigned.. I guess no hypocrisy now that the issue has been addressed by the trump administration?

Also.. what was the big deal again? I'm confused as to the mans crime?
    I apologize to anyone waiting on a response from me. I am experiencing a time warp, suddenly their are not enough hours in a day. As soon as I find a replacement part to my flux capacitor regulator, time should resume it's normal flow.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Any word from the left about Obama administration possibly green lighting the "underrepresented" release of private individual information?

Quote Originally Posted by LINK
    Yet the leak itself is raising serious questions -- because when the intelligence community captures phone calls of an American inside the U.S., even if the discussion involves a foreign national (in this case an ambassador), steps must be taken to shield the American caller's identity.

Recent leaks also have revealed reported details from phone calls between Trump and the leaders of Australia and Mexico and from the intelligence community investigation into Russian interference in the U.S. presidential campaign.

"If [the Flynn conversation] was picked up inadvertently, then that would have had to have been approved by someone in the last administration to actually unmask his name so that the FBI or intelligence officials knew who it was on the other end of the phone talking to the Russian ambassador," Nunes told Fox News. "If, in fact, the press reports are right, someone made the decision to deliberately listen to General Flynn's phone calls and that is, I think, unprecedented, unwarranted and flat-out wrong."

Nunes said he is going to “be asking the FBI to do an assessment of this to tell us what's going on here because we cannot continue to have these leaks as a government."
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...signation.html

Post Thanks / Like

So, Dem silence on other issues, in light of their apparent bombastic cries now, is also hypocrisy on the left?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...n-resigns.html
    O he resigned.. I guess no hypocrisy now that the issue has been addressed by the trump administration?

Also.. what was the big deal again? I'm confused as to the mans crime?
    You're welcome to start a Democrat Hypocrisies thread.

As to the rest...there has to be a crime at the start?!? I thought we just subpoenaed emails and held endless hearings until we found one.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome to start a Democrat Hypocrisies thread.
    I'll take that as a yes.

As to the rest...there has to be a crime at the start?!? I thought we just subpoenaed emails and held endless hearings until we found one.
    I see, all you have is rhetoric, no actual argument.. NP.
    I'll take it as there is no suspected crime, and this is just leftest smear campaign. That is, until you wish to answer the actual question.
    Congrats, the left is pretty consistent with that.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take that as a yes.
    The left doesn't claim the moral clarity the right does. That's your position, live with it. Trying to deflect to democrat positions is just another example of your side's hypocrisy.

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

I see, all you have is rhetoric, no actual argument.. NP.
    I'll take it as there is no suspected crime, and this is just leftest smear campaign. That is, until you wish to answer the actual question.
    Congrats, the left is pretty consistent with that.
    We have three resignations surrounding the "Russia problem" plus Manafort.

You're saying that if democrats had been engaged similarly there wouldn't be investigations and an uproar on the right? Hypocrisy.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

The left doesn't claim the moral clarity the right does. That's your position, live with it. Trying to deflect to democrat positions is just another example of your side's hypocrisy.
    You seem to have missed my point. That being, you too must live with your position, and if that is one that you don't really care about hypocrisy. Evidenced here as no desire to adhere to "moral clarity".
    There is no hypocrisy in what I have said.

We have three resignations surrounding the "Russia problem" plus Manafort.

You're saying that if democrats had been engaged similarly there wouldn't be investigations and an uproar on the right? Hypocrisy.
    I don't understand the issue you are raising, and asked a question for clarification. You call that hypocrisy?
    I call that ********, for a ******** position, but by all means continue to post ********, and call people names. I'm sure it will attract many responses.
    Now do you want to engage in your position or do you want to spit out propaganda to stroke your .....?

So again.. What exactly is the suspected crime in your last example?
    And please do answer, or don't bother.

Post Thanks / Like

You seem to have missed my point. That being, you too must live with your position, and if that is one that you don't really care about hypocrisy. Evidenced here as no desire to adhere to "moral clarity".
    There is no hypocrisy in what I have said.
    Not espousing moral clarity isn't hypocrisy, adhering to moral clarity and then not following it is.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

So again.. What exactly is the suspected crime in your last example?
    And please do answer, or don't bother.
    Saying there must be a crime is hypocrisy, there was no crime for which Bill Clinton was impeached before investigating started.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Not espousing moral clarity isn't hypocrisy, adhering to moral clarity and then not following it is.
    As I said, there is no hypocrisy in what I have said.
    Just an FYI, I was challenging your idea of what is hypocrisy. As you are an ideologue, you didn't see it.

Saying there must be a crime is hypocrisy, there was no crime for which Bill Clinton was impeached before investigating started.
    Actually that is not true, he was accused of sexual harassment, and rape. (see Paula Johns and Juanita Broaddrick,) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e655eab54dee
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_C...ct_allegations

So as long as you keep setting up straw-men, you will not be addressing any real issue, only fictional issues that exist only in your mind.
    They were investigating a crime, and he lied on the stand. The hubbub was about an actual crime.
    So.. I ask, what is the ACTUAL CRIME that is the issue here? Without an actual crime, your cries of hypocrisy are vapid.

Post Thanks / Like

As I said, there is no hypocrisy in what I have said.
    Just an FYI, I was challenging your idea of what is hypocrisy. As you are an ideologue, you didn't see it.
    You're just not clear.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

So as long as you keep setting up straw-men, you will not be addressing any real issue, only fictional issues that exist only in your mind.
    They were investigating a crime, and he lied on the stand. The hubbub was about an actual crime.
    So.. I ask, what is the ACTUAL CRIME that is the issue here? Without an actual crime, your cries of hypocrisy are vapid.
    Hacking the DNC is a crime, and your candidate championed it.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

http://alternativemediasyndicate.com...&utm_medium=FB

Congressman Who Voted For Drug Testing Food Stamp Recipients Busted For Cocaine

Representative Trey Radel was a major proponent of Republican legislation to make food stamp recipients submit to drug tests before receiving assistance.

The proposal for those on food stamps to urinate in cups to prove they’re not on drugs received widespread praise from Republicans. But only a month after he backed the proposal, police busted the Florida Republican on a charge of cocaine possession.

That’s right, the Republican politician who wanted to drug test poor people – those tests incurring huge tax-payer expenses – was himself using drugs.

“It’s really interesting it came on the heels of Republicans voting on everyone who had access to food stamps get drug tested,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said to BuzzFeed. “It’s like, what?”

The House approved an amendment by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-N.C.), back in the summer of 2013, that allowed states to decide whether or not to test people on food stamps.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

You're just not clear.
    Welllll.. if you answer direct questions you may find clarity.

Congressman Who Voted For Drug Testing Food Stamp Recipients Busted For Cocaine
    Yea congress should be Drug tested before they can vote.
    I think this is about as close to a "republican" being a hypocrite that you have provided so far. Yay.. whoot.
    It isn't however an ideological hypocrisy. Or do you care about such distinctions?

Hacking the DNC is a crime, and your candidate championed it.
    I don't remember Ben Carson championing that ... I know trump did. Maybe you have me confused with someone else? It is an easy mistake, after all about 8 years ago I opined for someone like trump over McCain.
    I confess to being young and dumb then. So, yea easy mistake.

.. lets see what was your point again?
    O yea, what was the actual crime? The DNC thing is a red herring and not related to that in any way.
    The guy resigned ... what did he do that was illegal? If you are going to compare it to issues the republicans have raised that were based on a possible crime,then where is the similarity in order for there to be hypocrisy.

Post Thanks / Like

.. lets see what was your point again?
    O yea, what was the actual crime? The DNC thing is a red herring and not related to that in any way.
    The guy resigned ... what did he do that was illegal? If you are going to compare it to issues the republicans have raised that were based on a possible crime,then where is the similarity in order for there to be hypocrisy.
    There was no crime in Benghazi or in having a private email server either, yet those had endless investigations.

But the hacking, yeah, that's a crime.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

There was no crime in Benghazi or in having a private email server either, yet those had endless investigations.
    The private e-mail server was a crime, namely one of mishandling classified info which some have gone to jail over.
    Benghazi was started investigating because of deceiving the American public, in a way that people viewed as criminal.

But the hacking, yeah, that's a crime.
    Your not stupid, you know this is not answering the question. Which means you are just trolling.

What was the guys crime that your making hay over? Why are you upset at what he did.. so that I may justify my own anger?
    What in the world is going on that is wrong?

Is it your point that this guy didn't do anything wrong.. but we should be mad because republicans have gotten mad at other people who did nothing wrong?
    Because you keep pointing to examples of Republicans being mad at something wrong happening. Like benghazi was started when people just questioned the lies that were being told "Ie internet video".
    I'm not going to beg you to support your position. The ******** is getting too deep.

Post Thanks / Like

The private e-mail server was a crime, namely one of mishandling classified info which some have gone to jail over.
    That's not how it started.

And Benghazi started as a probe into a possible cover-up of mishandling of the situation.

So no probe into the possible collusion between a candidate and a foreign power in influencing an election through illegal means (hacking)...hypocrisy.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

That's not how it started.
    You seem to be missing the point that they are criminal or potential criminal.
    Maybe mishandling sworn duty, incompetence.

And Benghazi started as a probe into a possible cover-up of mishandling of the situation.
    Yea, I think cover ups are crimes.. did I miss something?

So no probe into the possible collusion between a candidate and a foreign power in influencing an election through illegal means (hacking)...hypocrisy.
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01...-aid-to-trump/
    Quote Originally Posted by LINK
    The FBI and five other intelligence and law enforcement agencies have been investigating whether the Russian government was secretly helping Trump win the presidential election, and they’ve been doing it since spring.
    AGAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by link
    The brief, which NPR has seen but not independently verified, was given by Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain to FBI Director James Comey on Dec. 9. Details from it have been part of presentations by Comey and other intelligence leaders to Trump, President Obama and key leaders in Congress.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ign-and-russia
    Quote Originally Posted by link
    FBI Making Inquiry Into Ex-Trump Campaign Manager’s Foreign Ties http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...n-ties-n675881

Not sure what world you live in.. but back here in reality there are investigations going on. The FBI seems to be on the job.. I wish them well.

--
    Of course none of that is why he resigned..
    What was his crime?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I think cover ups are crimes.. did I miss something?
    Only there wasn't any. The story was correct according what the CIA believed and what was going on in the rest of the middle east. That it was wrong led people to suspect a coverup and then the investigations began.

So why not in this case? We have Russian hacking, a presidential candidate cheering them on, and contacts between his staff and the russians.

If the same situation were happening but it was Hillary who had applauded the Russians I'd bet there'd be hearings and a lot of fluster on the right.

Hence, hypocrisy.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Again, "GOP leaders have said effectively nothing about the scandal."

No hearings, subpoenaing emails or tweet logs. I would hope the intelligence community is non-partisan and therefore not included in "Republican Hypocracies"...although Comey.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Not sure what world you live in.. but back here in reality there are investigations going on. The FBI seems to be on the job.. I wish them well.

--
    Of course none of that is why he resigned..
    What was his crime?
    "U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) and Ron Johnson (R-WI) sent a letter to U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice seeking clarification on statements she made on the five Sunday talk shows on September 16 that the September 11 attack in Benghazi was the result of a “spontaneous reaction.”" That was as early as September 25th with the FBI already on the case.

In this case, when it's their party, eh, nothing much to see here.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Only there wasn't any. The story was correct according what the CIA believed and what was going on in the rest of the middle east. That it was wrong led people to suspect a coverup and then the investigations began
    It really isn't possible for you to see things from the other side is it?
    The point is, from the point of view of those who you are trying to cry hypocrisy on, is that they thought a crime had been committed, endless strings of lies from the the left can tend to make people think such things.
    So.. in order for hypocrisy to exist, the same would have to be thought, but a different reaction be given.

Your not attacking what people thought, your attacking your own straw-men version.

So why not in this case? We have Russian hacking, a presidential candidate cheering them on, and contacts between his staff and the russians.
    I have no clue what your talking about, because you have not yet answered the question. I have no clue why this guy quit, or what all the hubbub is about.
    To say it is about trump cheering the Russians to hurt Hillary.. doesn't seem to follow in the least.

...what.. ...is ... .going... on... I.... do... not.... know.

I could say it slower I suppose, but I think your just being a *.

Again, "GOP leaders have said effectively nothing about the scandal."
    What scandal? AS far as I know the FBI was doing it's due diligence on a pres candidate.
    Trump had been through vetting before because of his business with the U.S. gov. So, I don't see a scandal at all.
    I have no idea how it is connected to the guy who quit, or why we should all be upset.
    So as far as I can tell, there is silence because republicans are offered the same ******** your posting.

As far as I am concerned the reason you haven't answered my simple and direct question, is because there is no substance to the position you are holding.
    I hardly see a subpoena being issued on anything you have said, because most honest people have standards. You maybe should look into that.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no clue what your talking about, because you have not yet answered the question. I have no clue why this guy quit, or what all the hubbub is about.
    To say it is about trump cheering the Russians to hurt Hillary.. doesn't seem to follow in the least.

...what.. ...is ... .going... on... I.... do... not.... know.

I could say it slower I suppose, but I think your just being a *.
    Well just like the alleged Benghazi coverup I could speculate...it's what I think, right? Just like "they thought a crime had been committed".

So I speculate that the Russians colluded with the republican candidate through his staff to do damage to his opponent's campaign (through illegal activities) with the promise of future benefits.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

As far as I am concerned the reason you haven't answered my simple and direct question, is because there is no substance to the position you are holding.
    As you said there doesn't have to be any substance, I just have to think it. Let's not forget that led to multiple, multiple investigations of, yeah, nothing.

So we're talking about your party's standard here, which is to investigate endlessly in the hope of finding something, anything to get their political opponent on - not, in the pursuit of justice.

Which I have supported is the case with your party, hence hypocrisy.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Well just like the alleged Benghazi coverup I could speculate...it's what I think, right? Just like "they thought a crime had been committed".

So I speculate that the Russians colluded with the republican candidate through his staff to do damage to his opponent's campaign (through illegal activities) with the promise of future benefits.
    So what does your thoughts have to do with his resignation?
    He resigned because you "thought"?

As you said there doesn't have to be any substance,
    More ********.. .man is it raining in here?
    Are you really so blinded by your own bias that you can't even tell that isn't what I said? .. I guess so because the alternative is to think you are misrepresenting on purpose.

I never said that it doesn't have to be any substance. The substance is what is generally debated, but there must be a reason that can be compared with reality.

So your forwarding that this guy resigned because there was collusion with the Russians.. over what? They seem to be talking about sanctions not election manipulation.
    So there is no "substance" to your position.

So we're talking about your party's standard here, which is to investigate endlessly in the hope of finding something, anything to get their political opponent on - not, in the pursuit of justice.

Which I have supported is the case with your party, hence hypocrisy.
    Hardly. I guess you can think that, as ******** seems to be pouring through your computer.
    You haven't even put forward a coherent justification for your example.

I'll wait why you gather your thoughts and present an actual case. Meantime, get that plumbing checked, the toilet doesn't usually connect to the computer.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast