Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
Results 261 to 269 of 269
  1. #261
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    This is off topic. Perhaps you could start a thread..."The Federal Government Does Everything Wrong". It might get interesting when you research it or just sit back and think about it.
    Sorry, my intent was not to take this popular thread off topic, but I probably could have worded it better.

    A I see it, we are trillions in debt because both parties of our two party system are put us there (for instance). Name your issue, it generally comes back to that fact. It is in their best interest to keep the public spending time arguing who is worse, rather than focusing on the ineptness of the federal gov't and demanding better service. We had the best chance in my lifetime to tell both parties we are tired of the status quo, unfortunately most people still voted dem or repub. If say 15% of the public had voted for someone other than the two parties I guarantee there would have been some deep changes in WA DC. The DNC and RNC would be united against anything that looked like a third party.

    So why does it matter which party is the worst or most hypocritical? Both suck....

  2. #262
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post

    So why does it matter which party is the worst or most hypocritical? Both suck....
    Proving which one is better or worse isn't the point of the thread. Those who preach they have moral clarity are particularly hilarious when they fail or are blatant hypocrites and it is so evident in conservatives and their party. I haven't even been trying and this thread is full of them.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  3. #263
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    Proving which one is better or worse isn't the point of the thread. Those who preach they have moral clarity are particularly hilarious when they fail or are blatant hypocrites and it is so evident in conservatives and their party. I haven't even been trying and this thread is full of them.
    Ah, I see. So you are saying it is part of the republican platform that the party and their members have a "moral clarity" the general public or liberals do not have?

    And when you say "conservatives and their party" surely you must not be referring to the Republican Party. That group of nuts that is leading that party is not what I consider conservative (but I'm guessing we define conservative differently). I would suggest welfare reform under Bill Clinton was a more conservative type of policy than anything GW Bush was supporting for instance.

    I do agree it's worth investing a comment when some morality preaching holier than thou type person gets caught doing something the opposite of what they preach. And even though I am not agreeing with Republicans current stance in gov't, I don't see the entire party being hypocritical with regards to morals. People are hypocrites, I have even caught myself before (and some liberals too I'll wager .

  4. #264
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    The right wing corporate media seems conspicuously quiet about this one:


    What we know and don't know about the deadly Niger attack


    I guess things in dangerous areas don't always go as planned.

    Why wasn't the whole area just bombed?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  5. #265
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Is there a reason it took so long for the administration to acknowledge these deaths?

    "Within days of the Chadian soldiers beginning to pull out from protecting those villages from ISIS, four soldiers were ambushed."


    Funnily, I hear nothing from the right on this. Sounds like something that should at least be investigated, no?

    ---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

    And what's with Kelly's lieing?


    Seems there should be an investigation? a little one?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  6. #266
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    The right wing corporate media seems conspicuously quiet about this one:
    By "quiet" do you mean that you simply didn't stumble across it? It was literally the first result in google for "Fox News Niger": http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10...t-to-know.html

    Or for non-corporate media, "Red State Niger": https://www.redstate.com/diary/Bonch...umps-benghazi/

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    I guess things in dangerous areas don't always go as planned.
    That is the nature of combat, the enemy gets a vote. Perhaps you are critiquing President Obama's decision to involve Africom in Niger?


    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    Is there a reason it took so long for the administration to acknowledge these deaths?
    Do you have evidence that the time taken for the Administration to achnowledge these deaths differs from the time taken in other special operations incidents? Do you have any evidence that this is on the Administration's doorstep as opposed to say, Africom?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.Ē -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.


  7. #267
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    By "quiet" do you mean that you simply didn't stumble across it? It was literally the first result in google for "Fox News Niger": http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10...t-to-know.html

    Or for non-corporate media, "Red State Niger": https://www.redstate.com/diary/Bonch...umps-benghazi/
    "In the end, attempting to link the ambush of US forces north of Niamey to Chadian soldiers leaving Diffa is ludicrous. To then connect that with the travel ban so as to blame Trump is partisan insanity turned up to eleven." red state source.

    Well, I meant maybe a possible call for investigations into finding out the truth (which I see others may have done) not carrying water for the President.

    ---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    That is the nature of combat, the enemy gets a vote. Perhaps you are critiquing President Obama's decision to involve Africom in Niger?
    No, the armchair quarterbacking on Benghazi was more the point which was refuted by the investigations. Nothing like in this in your sources? Maybe something from Alex Jones? No?

    ---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    Do you have evidence that the time taken for the Administration to achnowledge these deaths differs from the time taken in other special operations incidents?
    No, I was hoping you did. And we are talking about acknowledging it by the administration...it was already known and reported.

    ---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    Do you have any evidence that this is on the Administration's doorstep as opposed to say, Africom?
    Not sure, they aren't under the secretary of defense?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  8. #268
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    "In the end, attempting to link the ambush of US forces north of Niamey to Chadian soldiers leaving Diffa is ludicrous. To then connect that with the travel ban so as to blame Trump is partisan insanity turned up to eleven." red state source.

    Well, I meant maybe a possible call for investigations into finding out the truth (which I see others may have done) not carrying water for the President.
    So...if they don't follow your specific conclusion they are invalid? The CNN article doesn't call for investigations either. [Also, if you think Red State is carrying water for President Trump, you aren't familiar with Red State]

    But regardless, you agree that your initial claim that "right wing corporate media [is] conspiciously quiet" about this subject was incorrect, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    No, the armchair quarterbacking on Benghazi was more the point which was refuted by the investigations. Nothing like in this in your sources? Maybe something from Alex Jones? No?
    Wait, you do know that it was President Obama, not President Trump that sent them to Niger right? The claim (which is incorrect) that there isn't any arm chair quarterbacking undermines your Benghazi critique. If these sources were politically motivated, wouldn't they be hammering it for being President Obama's fault?


    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    No, I was hoping you did. And we are talking about acknowledging it by the administration...it was already known and reported.
    Alright, but then the claim that they "delayed" this seems a bit premature right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    Not sure, they aren't under the secretary of defense?
    So if there was a delay (a claim you haven't proven) how do you know it was caused by the White House rather than, say the Secretary of Defense, Geographic Commander, Combantant Commander, JSOC commander, or Group Commander? Can you elaborate on what caused the delay, assuming you can show there was one?
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.Ē -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.


  9. #269
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Republican Hypocracies

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post

    But regardless, you agree that your initial claim that "right wing corporate media [is] conspiciously quiet" about this subject was incorrect, right?
    Compared with if it had been a democratic administration, no.

    ---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post

    Wait, you do know that it was President Obama, not President Trump that sent them to Niger right? The claim (which is incorrect) that there isn't any arm chair quarterbacking undermines your Benghazi critique. If these sources were politically motivated, wouldn't they be hammering it for being President Obama's fault?
    Trump is the president now and is claiming he is defeating ISIS. Why wouldn't he come out and say that he didn't even know they were there?

    I still don't see any armchair quarterbacking from the conservative media...nothing like Benghazi to be sure.

    ---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post

    Alright, but then the claim that they "delayed" this seems a bit premature right?
    Not sure, would there be a reason to?

    ---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post


    So if there was a delay (a claim you haven't proven) how do you know it was caused by the White House rather than, say the Secretary of Defense, Geographic Commander, Combantant Commander, JSOC commander, or Group Commander? Can you elaborate on what caused the delay, assuming you can show there was one?
    Looks like it was 12 days before the president publicly acknowledged the deaths.

    The cause? Not sure, politics?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

 

 
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Similar Threads

  1. Republican Fratracide?
    By manise in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
  2. What is a democrat? A Republican?
    By Jamie678 in forum Politics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: January 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM
  3. What it means to be a Republican
    By Booger in forum Politics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2006, 03:27 AM
  4. Republican Floundering
    By Fyshhed in forum Politics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 5th, 2004, 07:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •