Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Mind trapped by - Trump vs Media

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...022356703.html

the story is, that trump intends to do away with how the white house interacts with the media. instead of a regular briefing where questions are asked and answered by a representative, announcements will be released.

---
    the way i see it, this is the natural response to past abuse of power by the press. not in the sense that the press has been unfair to trump, but that it's coverage over the past 50 years has not been fair. the media has been in the business of promoting it's own agenda to the point of being it's own political party. this pressure was eventually going to have this kind of response from the position of president.

this is a broad, landscape argument. along the lines of geopolitics. where one can see a void in power and predict a war or general action based on the overall pressures at work. here the media has exerted pressure on the office of presidency, and now we are getting the inevitable response to that pressure.

now what will happen is the media is going to cry about it, the opposition party is going to cry about it -in this case the democrats- and then in 4 - 8 years the other party will be in charge, and because the expectations have changed, will not return to our past state of media relations.

yay us, just a little bit less of the democratic republic that we need. good job everybody.
    I apologize to anyone waiting on a response from me. I am experiencing a time warp, suddenly their are not enough hours in a day. As soon as I find a replacement part to my flux capacitor regulator, time should resume it's normal flow.