Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ODN Changes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ODN Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Apokalupsis View Post
    Here's an update...

After participating in a thread over the last few days, I've seen firsthand just how antiquated our current system is and it's motivated me to work a bit faster. I'm working on the new forum right now actually, and will be able to send our mods to that development site w/i the next day or so for them to learn the new system and practice with it. While the staff is getting used to the forum system, I'll be working on the CMS (using WordPress) and customizing it for ODN's needs. Also during this time, but after the staff is somewhat comfortable with the new features/settings for moderation, I'll invite some public testers from this forum to the dev site to help test it, cause a little mayhem for the staff, and let them have some practice with the new mod tools.

As far as a time frame, I'd like it to be fully migrated within 60 days or so, but what I'd like and what actually happens aren't always the same.

While some may like the aesthetics of this forum, the new one will be both more functional and aesthetically pleasing IMO.

As far as 1v1 debates, may be possible, but on a limited scale. We'll have to see. Right now, it's all about the migration, features will have to come later.

As far as an app, not yet. But there may be a couple in the future. One that accesses the site more efficiently on mobile devices, and another that has to do with argumentation, fallacies, logic, etc. That's down the road though.

There won't be a new domain name. We are keeping our current domain. It's just the site that is getting a makeover. I use the term "migration" because we are migrating from one software system to another. We aren't migrating to a new domain however.

Once we have switched over to the new format, we will then begin advertising the community once more. We'll be more integrated with social media as well.
    I think it would be interesting to have formal debates with other debate forum sites, once you are organized.

Peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2