Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: ODN Changes

Threaded View

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

ODN Changes

Hey guys! Long time no see!

I just wanted to let those who WERE still here know, that I plan on making some big changes to ODN here in the next month or so. Traffic is dead, activity is slowed to a crawl. This is partly due to lack of updates to the software and features, and partly due to lack of marketing and continued activity by our veteran members (like myself).

As a result, I plan to completely redo the site. New site, new database, new site infrastructure, etc. Everything must go! It will be sad to see all the great content disappear into the ether, once and for all. There have been a lot of great debates here. But there's no point in hanging on to the past, especially if it doesn't benefit anyone...that...and if I have to continue paying out of pocket for it every month!

So I plan to restart ODN on a new platform, probably WordPress/BuddyPress to start since I'm a WP developer (I'm biased). I'm not going to expect to revive ODN back to its glory days, but I do expect it to at least have relevant features with relevant content. Even if traffic doesn't pick up much, I'll still use it personally as a blog system and as a social media tool.

I just wanted to stop in, say hi, let you know what I was thinking, and see if anyone was still here.

I'll keep ya posted here as we progress through the plan.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson