Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Sigfried

Hi folks, long time no see! I hope you all are well.

Why am I here?
    The short of it is this. I'm starting up a blog that has two missions.

1. To talk about and promote debate communities (my initial focus)

2. To host articles and videos teaching people good debate and persuasion skills (coming soon)

I wanted to make sure ODN was represented and to help folks find the site. And I'm looking for folks that want to contribute articles either about what's happening on ODN or about debate itself.

I've not quite gone live with the blog yet. You can visit it at www.DebateDojo.com Right now, there are just a couple of site reviews up there. I should have an ODN site review in the next day or two.
    Let me know if you are interested in representing ODN there or anytime you want to promote something happening here.

ODN was my debate home for a long time so I want to give back if I can via my blog. You all are the first I'm reaching out to because you all are first in my debating heart.

Email me if you want to talk about it in detail: Sigfried@gmail.com

Other stuff, more of a personal nature.
    When I packed up, I mostly needed a change. I felt like I was tilting at windmill there and making more trouble than you all deserved. I took a break from debating and focus on writing articles for my travel blog and personal blog. That went well, though I still found myself gravitating to arguing on facebook. We all know how not well that can go.

My wife saw an ad for a debate tournament online doing video debates. For the last month or so I've been doing a lot of that. It's been a blast. I won $500 in a tournament and found a lot of new friends and such. Apparently, I'm good with the live video debate action. No doubt years of practice here honed me well! That got me excited and led me to starting up yet another blog (my 4th now). If anyone wants to try out the video debate thing, let me know. It's fun, but very different from text debate. It's my new groove.

I've been checking out a lot of debate sites lately. Some out there have some really cool tech, but I'll say that for substance and passion ODN has a lot to offer over most of what is out there.

I may pop in and debate from time to time. Now that I kind of have a new home base I think I can be less cantankerous about my old stomping grounds and let sleeping dogs lie as they like.

All the best,
    Sig
    Feed me some debate pellets!