Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Gay/Transgender

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gay/Transgender

Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    That's a correct interpretation. What's not correct is that transgenderism is a carcinogen (in fact or in my interpretation of transgenderism and dysphoria) nor is it correct that I ever said that it is.

Again, you claimed that I said something that I did not say. Please retract that claim or show me where I actually said it.
    Your claim:
    "a carcinogen can be the cause of a cancer"
    "being transgendered can be the cause of a mental disorder"

What is to retract?

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    mental disorder any clinically significant behavioral or psychological syndrome characterized by distressing symptoms, significant impairment of functioning, or significantly increased risk of death, pain, or other disability.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...ental+disorder
    So again, when I said being transgendered could be a disorder I was speaking with regards to DSM-V.
    But, with this definition, why is it necessarily so that being transgendered can not meet this criteria?
    I been shown no reason why not?