Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Banned Indefinitely

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ask Zhavric Anything

    Clearly, all of you are wallowing in the mire. I define this as the state of being of not having asked me important questions & not having heard my wise-as-f*** answers to those questions.

    Quit your wallowing! Ask me anything. I will bestow upon you my wisdom-as-f*** answers.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    622
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    You appear to be a Warren Ellis fan. Have you read his novels, such as Crooked Little Vein?

  3. #3
    Banned Indefinitely

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Yes. And Gun Machine.

    If you do Audiobooks, you NEED to do the audiobook version of Gun Machine which is read by the late great Reg E. Cathey who passed away earlier this year. In the category of "Reader's voice adding extra depth and enjoyment to the author's original story" there is the Gun Machine audiobook and then everything else. I would even put it above Tim Curry narrating Sabriel by Garth Nyx (and let me tell you, hearing Tim Curry pretend to be a talking cat is $$$).

  4. #4
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    You were quiet for a while, and then you weren't. Can you fill in the gaps as to what has happened to you in the time between? I assumed you achieved Nirvana and your consciousness was reabsorbed into the universe.
    To serve man.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    Clearly, all of you are wallowing in the mire. I define this as the state of being of not having asked me important questions & not having heard my wise-as-f*** answers to those questions.

    Quit your wallowing! Ask me anything. I will bestow upon you my wisdom-as-f*** answers.
    How can I acquire enough money to retire in the next few years?

    Why don't chickens have lips?

    Are women really from another planet?

    Are bacon and cheese really our friends, or is it an illusion???

    What is the square root of PI?

    What is time?

    If the Christian God exists, why is it not more certain? Why would one even be able to make an intelligent argument against existence, why would it not be as obvious as the sun or your own thumb?????

    Will my nectarine trees produce exquisite fruit this year??

    I have read many of your posts from the past before I started posting myself. You and Apok had some times there....
    I eagerly await your wisdom sir
    I have other questions as well...if you have time...........

  6. #6
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West / East Coast
    Posts
    3,382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    Ask me anything. I will bestow upon you my wisdom-as-f*** answers.
    Why are you using implied profanity to make your point? How wise is that?
    Close your eyes. Fall in love. Stay there.
    Rumi

    [Eye4magic]
    Super Moderator
    ODN Rules

  7. #7
    Banned Indefinitely

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    You were quiet for a while, and then you weren't. Can you fill in the gaps as to what has happened to you in the time between? I assumed you achieved Nirvana and your consciousness was reabsorbed into the universe.
    Well... the most relevant thing is that none of you got any better at debating while I was gone. This makes me profoundly sad.

    ---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

    How can I acquire enough money to retire in the next few years? - You can't. The cost of retirement is increasing faster and higher than the amount of money you'd get from a 401K. Pretty much you're screwed.

    Why don't chickens have lips? - Because they didn't evolve them.

    Are women really from another planet? - No. But many of their ideas are.

    Are bacon and cheese really our friends, or is it an illusion??? - Bacon is real. Cheese is real. Your mental state is questionable.

    What is the square root of PI? - A number.

    What is time? - "is the indefinite continued progress of existence and events that occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future. " Though what's really interesting is that there are events that occur in our universe that we cannot accurately ascribe a "when" to. Mostly these involve black holes.

    If the Christian God exists, why is it not more certain? Why would one even be able to make an intelligent argument against existence, why would it not be as obvious as the sun or your own thumb????? - The Christian god doesn't exist. The only real way to process anything about it and have it make sense is to look at in terms of a corporation trying to sell you something. Specifically, manufacturing an imaginary illness (sin) so they can sell you the "cure" (salvation). Once you see that, nearly everything else about Christianity falls into place nicely.

    Will my nectarine trees produce exquisite fruit this year?? - Your nectarine trees hate you. *shrugs* Sorry to be the one to tell you. I mean... how would you feel if someone came along and cut out your spouse's/mother's overies, carted them off and ate them?

    ---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by eye4magic View Post
    Why are you using implied profanity to make your point? How wise is that?
    Let's get one thing straight. I can do whatever the f*** I want. *hugs*

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    Well... the most relevant thing is that none of you got any better at debating while I was gone. This makes me profoundly sad.


    Well, looks like "we all" have something in common then

    Quote Originally Posted by zhavric View Post
    [/color]how can i acquire enough money to retire in the next few years? - you can't. The cost of retirement is increasing faster and higher than the amount of money you'd get from a 401k. Pretty much you're screwed.
    sh!t :(

    ---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    Why don't chickens have lips? - Because they didn't evolve them.
    Try harder please

    ---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    Are women really from another planet? - No. But many of their ideas are.
    Can we be sure?

    ---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    If the Christian God exists, why is it not more certain? Why would one even be able to make an intelligent argument against existence, why would it not be as obvious as the sun or your own thumb????? - The Christian god doesn't exist. The only real way to process anything about it and have it make sense is to look at in terms of a corporation trying to sell you something. Specifically, manufacturing an imaginary illness (sin) so they can sell you the "cure" (salvation). Once you see that, nearly everything else about Christianity falls into place nicely.
    Very possible...

    ---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    Will my nectarine trees produce exquisite fruit this year?? - Your nectarine trees hate you. *shrugs* Sorry to be the one to tell you. I mean... how would you feel if someone came along and cut out your spouse's/mother's overies, carted them off and ate them?[COLOR="Silver"]
    Pretty sure they don't "hate" me. For one, plants make tasty fruit so animals will distribute the seeds much farther from the parent tree. Part of survival ya know.

    ---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    Let's get one thing straight. I can do whatever the f*** I want. *hugs*
    A bit hostile there for no reason.....

  9. #9
    Banned Indefinitely

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    [many werds]
    Regarding "we all can't debate": no, actually. I've read up, gotten better, continued to improve. You guys are pretty much exactly how I remember you. I'm actually pretty disappointed you haven't organized into more formal debates. That and I was better at this than most of you guys to start with. Not a dig just something that's true. Also, I'm WAY more humble. Honest...

    Regarding the chicken having lips, there's no need to "try harder". They didn't evolve them. This statement is true. Organisms get what they evolve and natural selection determines if their mutations are helpful, detrimental, or neutral. They don't evolve what they "need". Beavers don't get chainsaw hands and cheetahs don't get nikes. Chickens didn't get lips.

    Regarding being sure ideas are from another planet... If we define an idea that makes sense as being from this planet and an idea that's either contradictory, hypocritical, or incorrect as being from another planet then yes. Feminism and the ideals of the left wing in general are from another planet. They include but are certainly not limited to...
    • Violence and verbal degradation towards women is a crisis, but the same thing aimed against men is "empowering".
    • There are no differences biologically between men and women.
    • Women's problems, no matter how small or trivial, should be taken with the utmost seriousness, deserve attention, etc. (a good example would be the "Crisis" of people calling adult women "girls"). Men's issues, no matter how large or important, can take a back seat, don't deserve to be taken seriously, women first!, etc. (like the suicide & violent crime rate among men being WAY higher than women)
    • When in a relationship, if a woman gives oral sex to a male, it's completely extra credit. Any attempt on the male's part to shame her for not going down on him, make oral sex a requirement, etc. is grounds for a breakup at best and potentially outright rape depending on the circumstances. However, if a male doesn't provide oral sex, he's the worst person and the woman is perfectly within her rights to shame him, require him to do so, manipulate him into doing it, etc.

    But yeah... feminism is about "equality".

    Finally... Regarding being hostile for no reason: more like a bit thin skinned for no reason...

  10. #10
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Question

    How much are you looking forward to the eventual first Professional tennis match featuring a transgender? Personally I am pumped. I'm not sure if I am hoping for it to be two transgender in the "woman" finals or a transgender vs some Simona Halep type.
    I think it is going to make for riveting television.
    To serve man.

  11. #11
    Banned Indefinitely

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Question

    How much are you looking forward to the eventual first Professional tennis match featuring a transgender? Personally I am pumped. I'm not sure if I am hoping for it to be two transgender in the "woman" finals or a transgender vs some Simona Halep type.
    I think it is going to make for riveting television.
    1. Tennis is sh*t.
    2. There needs to be a long and nuanced conversation about the role of trans people in professional sports. There's already been a trans MMA fighter who was born male, competed in the women's league, and beat the hell out their opponents because they have the frame of a male. There's a reason we have male versus female leagues in sports and it has nothing to do with genitals and everything to do with physical size & proportion. Men have wider shoulders, more upper body strength, and greater size. Is that true all the time? Certainly not. I happily concede that there are small men and huge women. but going by averages men will dominate a female league and women will suffer in a men's league. Or vice versa if the sport depends on small size & speed.

    Should all trans people born women be banned from male sports? I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not.
    Should all trans people born male be banned from female sports? I don't know. Probably.

    It's a complicated issue with a lot of moving parts and we should be HIGHLY skeptical of anyone who says "It has to be this specific way every time."

  12. #12
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Actually, because testosterone is produced in the reproductive organs, and it plays such a significant role in physical strength and build. Hence why steroids are illegal in sports and in this case female sports. It has literally everything to do with genitalia. It isn't the size of the shoulders specifically, but those pesky testosterone producing man baggage, being snuggled into female sports.

    Does the conversation need to be nuanced? I actually don't care. I think it is going to make for great drama and television. I also think that seeing the politics play out in real life is only going to serve to prove the obvious. Which is men and women. Are different, and it is a pretty clear definition. I would predict that women will be the ones complaining as they are the ones that will suffer. As every female record is beat out by people claiming to be women who haven't even had the decency to cut their ducks off. It is going to be great.
    My prediction is the wnba is going to become more interesting, that the female track times will see significant improvement, and that trans will dominate all the female sports. Women will start competing In the Olympic rings. It will be great progress for women as former men take their place and push the out. Especially once guys who can't compete with the professional men realize they can make a living beating the girls.
    To serve man.

  13. #13
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    Regarding "we all can't debate": no, actually. I've read up, gotten better, continued to improve. You guys are pretty much exactly how I remember you. I'm actually pretty disappointed you haven't organized into more formal debates. That and I was better at this than most of you guys to start with. Not a dig just something that's true. Also, I'm WAY more humble. Honest...
    Hmmmm...
    Although I have only been posting here a relatively short while, I lurked for a number of years. I remember many exchanges between you and Apok for instance. Could you give us some support (examples) of how you have "read up, gotten better, and continue to improve"? As yet, I have been unable to discern any significant difference between then and now with regards to your claims and posts.

    ---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post
    Finally... Regarding being hostile for no reason: more like a bit thin skinned for no reason...
    Ok if you say so, but most people don't drop F bombs to answer a simple question.
    But again, please show how this type of commentary from you is so much more enlightened than your posts from the past...

  14. #14
    Banned Indefinitely

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Actually, because testosterone is produced in the reproductive organs, and it plays such a significant role in physical strength and build. Hence why steroids are illegal in sports and in this case female sports. It has literally everything to do with genitalia. It isn't the size of the shoulders specifically, but those pesky testosterone producing man baggage, being snuggled into female sports.
    Yeaaaahhhh, buuudddy. That's why MMA has genital categories and not size categories. *pats MT on the head*

    You run along and play under whatever color sky it is in your world.

    ---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    Could you give us some support (examples) of how you have "read up, gotten better, and continue to improve"?
    Well... to be fair, when I got back you guys did have to explain basic concepts to me like context.

    No... wait... oh yeah. That was the other way around.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    @ I guess the words "womans sports" escaped your superior reading skills. Men's tennis and woman's tennis is the definition of genitalia categories. There are weight classed in sports that are already decided by genitalia historically.
    Male hormones are illegal in female sports. That and of course the fact that women traditionally has meant to have a vagina and not a pens when all these sports were created. I am sorry if you find the terms suddenly confusing.
    I get that you want to make it nuanced, but historically it has been pretty cut and dry.. Kindergarten level of understanding required. But please tell me more about how men's sports were never a reference to the penis.
    To serve man.

  16. #16
    Banned Indefinitely

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    @ I guess the words "womans sports" escaped your superior reading skills. Men's tennis and woman's tennis is the definition of genitalia categories. There are weight classed in sports that are already decided by genitalia historically.
    Male hormones are illegal in female sports. That and of course the fact that women traditionally has meant to have a vagina and not a pens when all these sports were created. I am sorry if you find the terms suddenly confusing.
    I get that you want to make it nuanced, but historically it has been pretty cut and dry.. Kindergarten level of understanding required. But please tell me more about how men's sports were never a reference to the penis.
    If this were shorter, I would make it a meme: The first person in the history of ever who thinks the distinction between men's/women's leagues is about genitals and not body shape & mass.

    Gawd... you should record yourself saying that and put it on youtube. You'd go viral. It doesn't matter how many hormones you take. You can't grow a gal to 250 lbs with shoulders wide enough to lend upper body strength.

    Others, including some who didn't want to be quoted, think it's unrealistic. In tennis, then-teenagers Venus and Serena Williams, aspiring to play on the ATP Tour, were beaten soundly in an exhibition by Karsten Braasch, ranked No. 203 at the time. Even women who have played with men -- Lieberman, basketball player Chamique Holdsclaw and Division I kicker Katie Hnida -- said men have a size and strength advantage at some positions that will be hard for a woman to challenge.

    "There are no women today who are 6-foot-6, 250 pounds and can plow through a dude," Lieberman said bluntly.
    http://www.espn.com/espnw/news/artic...women-play-men

  17. #17
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric View Post

    Well... to be fair, when I got back you guys did have to explain basic concepts to me like context.

    No... wait... oh yeah. That was the other way around.
    IOW, no you don't have any support for your claim of having "learned and gotten better".

    Just a lot of hutzpah with no substance....

  18. #18
    Banned Indefinitely

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    IOW, no you don't have any support for your claim of having "learned and gotten better".

    Just a lot of hutzpah with no substance....
    Willful ignorance on your part evidences no shortcoming on mine.

  19. #19
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by ZHAVRIC
    If this were shorter, I would make it a meme: The first person in the history of ever who thinks the distinction between men's/women's leagues is about genitals and not body shape & mass.
    Which would hold water if women were allowed to try out. As they have been specifically bared based on gender alone. You are basically projecting onto the past something that never existed.
    Namely, you seem to think that making the distinction based on gender alone (Ie genitals) was not the reasoning. Yet we see the basis still being applied.
    for example.

    https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/us/te...old/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by source
    According to the UIL, which oversees public high school athletics, wrestlers can only compete against their own gender, which is "determined based on a student's birth certificate
    Notice, they didn't say that people can only compete in their weight class. They are differing PER THE RULES to the sex (DEFINED BY GENITALIA) listed on the birth certificate.
    Your argument is bunk, and pulled out of your ass.

    Point is, the rules were written long ago, when discrimination based on sex.. aka genitalia, was common and reasonable. Otherwise, they would only have weight classes and women would just so happen to compete in different weight classes.
    I would invite you to support that any sport was based on shoulder width.



    So to conclude, your suggesting that my claim, "The body shape and mass, distinction is made within the respective sports only sometimes, and only after the sexual distinction has already been made.", is the first time anyone has ever expressed is pretty ridiculous given any consideration to history or the present condition of many sports.
    To serve man.

  20. #20
    Banned Indefinitely

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ask Zhavric Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Which would hold water if women were allowed to try out. As they have been specifically bared based on gender alone. You are basically projecting onto the past something that never existed.
    Namely, you seem to think that making the distinction based on gender alone (Ie genitals) was not the reasoning. Yet we see the basis still being applied.
    for example.

    https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/us/te...old/index.html


    Notice, they didn't say that people can only compete in their weight class. They are differing PER THE RULES to the sex (DEFINED BY GENITALIA) listed on the birth certificate.
    Your argument is bunk, and pulled out of your ass.

    Point is, the rules were written long ago, when discrimination based on sex.. aka genitalia, was common and reasonable. Otherwise, they would only have weight classes and women would just so happen to compete in different weight classes.
    I would invite you to support that any sport was based on shoulder width.



    So to conclude, your suggesting that my claim, "The body shape and mass, distinction is made within the respective sports only sometimes, and only after the sexual distinction has already been made.", is the first time anyone has ever expressed is pretty ridiculous given any consideration to history or the present condition of many sports.
    I am in awe of the level of bad reasoning you are invoking here. You win. Your onslaught of determined and concentrated terrible logic has worn down my resolve. People don't make different categories for men and women because men on average are HUGE compared to women. They do it because of genitals. Got it. Makes perfect sense. What do you have planned for an encore? Trying to get me to believe in your flat earthist agenda or the dangers of autism from vaccines?

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Zhavric
    By Zhavric in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: October 27th, 2005, 06:39 AM
  2. Zhavric
    By sbgtfJC in forum General Debate
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 18th, 2005, 05:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •