Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Discrimination Based On Political Affiliation

Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    Yes. It is absolutely necessary that a logic chain ends with the conclusion that one is attempting to support with the logic chain. You can't create a logic chain that supports X without the chain actually ending with X.
    I mean that you've admitted my reasoning is valid. You shouldn't demand that I a post a revision of the chain with another line just to make you comfortable with process. Overly obsessive criticism of process and details is pedantry and a debating fallacy. It is also just poor form.

Moving on to the issue of discrimination based on political ideology or affiliation:

Would it be immoral if, at a business I own, I turn away anyone who walks in wearing anything suggestive of affiliation with or support for the Democrat party or any Democrat candidate, or arrives in a car with a bumper sticker suggesting the same? (Stating that would be a poor business practice is a red herring.)

Would that type of business practice, at face value, be moral, immoral or neutral?

Any one?

I'd say yes, the practice would be immoral discrimination that infringes on the right of people to pursue happiness. Political/social beliefs are too important for a business owner to expect a change in the customer or applicant to receive service or employment. Therefore, the government should make political ideology or affiliation a protected class.
    Last edited by evensaul; June 27th, 2018 at 08:22 AM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth." - Ronald Reagan