Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 203
  1. #121
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibelsd View Post
    Didn't you claim K's partisan statements disqualified him from being on the court?
    I claimed that "regardless of Kavanaugh's innocence, his partisan response and temperament are more than sufficient to disqualify him from the position." What is your point?

  2. #122
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibelsd View Post
    That's wonderful. So, which house did Ford describe? Address?[COLOR="Silver"]
    You mean the one where she went upstairs (contrary to the lie Trump spouted) to the bathroom where she was pushed into a bedroom with a bed on the right? The bedroom was across from the small bathroom and the stairs were narrow.

    She says she has more details for the FBI - those were the most vivid - and more witnesses. Too bad she nor they weren't spoken to. Maybe they would've found the address.

    But you're not fooling anyone that you're interested, anymore than the senators are.

    ---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibelsd View Post
    Didn't you claim K's partisan statements disqualified him from being on the court?
    Giving one's opinion is light years away from towing a party created conspiracy theory which would make Alex Jones envious.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  3. #123
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Giving one's opinion is light years away from towing a party created conspiracy theory which would make Alex Jones envious.
    While the idea that this accusation is a political plot is on the fringe of possible explanations, given how this stuff unfolded, it shouldn't be completely dismissed as a possibility.

    When she first came out with her accusation, it was unclear that she had any political motivations.
    But now that things have unfolded, and her team of lawyers, and herself have acted in very politically driven ways, it seems more clear that she did.
    For example, it was the primary goal of the dems to stall this nomination till they gain power, thus robbing trump of seating a supreme court judge.
    What does she do? She acts in various ways aimed at delaying the process. She wanted to drive to Washington, acting as though flying were the last thing she could possibly do.
    She acted ignorant of offers to meet her where she was, which is fairly incredible considering everyone in the country knew about it. It is hard to claim ignorance when your invitation is broadcast on all the news networks.

    Then there is the way in which facts are released to the senate. As she has her day before them, she didn't release key elements of her "proof", expecting them to take her word for it.
    then when things don't look to unfold in her favor, she made demands to be re-interviewed, or else she wouldn't release her evidence. ... To highlight how bad this is. Consider this. If her "evidence" was actually a video tape of judge K raping her.... who would act in such a way with the evidence? No one would accept her refusal to actually show such evidence, and no one would simply take her word for it. yet.. that is what we are expected to do.


    These were pure political moves, in line with the political goals of the dems.

    now maybe she was a pawn, and I think that is very likely.. but the appearance should cut the incredulity at the notion that she was ultimately politically motivated.

    As it stands, IF there were a political conspiracy, there is certainly a lot of room for it to have taken place.
    To serve man.

  4. #124
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    What does she do? She acts in various ways aimed at delaying the process. She wanted to drive to Washington, acting as though flying were the last thing she could possibly do.
    She acted ignorant of offers to meet her where she was, which is fairly incredible considering everyone in the country knew about it. It is hard to claim ignorance when your invitation is broadcast on all the news networks.
    Support that she wanted to drive to Washington {challenge thingy}

    Regardless, she wanted the information to be available to the republicans and the president before the nomination even took place - had no idea how to do it - so your conspiracy theory falls apart.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  5. #125
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...gly-nr-vpx.cnn

    And now he is a Supreme Court Justice.

    That's all folks, thanks for watching judicial appointee politics 2018 edition. Come back next time as republicans dance on the grave of the next justice simply by trying to fill the seat.
    Tune in as we find out such accusations as "He pimped my daughter out for drug money", and "i'm having his baby" and "He turned me into a newt!".
    To serve man.

  6. #126
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...gly-nr-vpx.cnn

    And now he is a Supreme Court Justice.

    That's all folks, thanks for watching judicial appointee politics 2018 edition. Come back next time as republicans dance on the grave of the next justice simply by trying to fill the seat.
    Tune in as we find out such accusations as "He pimped my daughter out for drug money", and "i'm having his baby" and "He turned me into a newt!".
    I have read your posts for years and may I say, this one is a curiosity and amusing at the same time. However since I appreciate humor in ones argumentation (which is why Ronald Reagan was SOOOOO popular AND persuasive!!) I give this post a "thumbs up"

  7. #127
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Support that she wanted to drive to Washington {challenge thingy}
    She didn't want to fly.. you think she was going to take a boat?
    To refresh your memory. She came out with the accusations, and the senate wanted to talk with her. She postponed the meetings for one week, and then asked for more time because she didn't want to FLY to the meeting.
    She wanted more time so that she could take a slower method of travel. Namely driving. Which is what all the fuss about her flying plenty of other times was about. It appeared to be very selective her "fear" of flying.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...charges-834664
    Quote Originally Posted by LINK
    The GOP has been told that Ford does not want to fly from her California home to Washington, according to the Republican senator, which means she may need to drive across the country. Ford has reportedly told friends she is uncomfortable in confined spaces, indicating a physical difficulty in making the trip by plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Regardless, she wanted the information to be available to the republicans and the president before the nomination even took place - had no idea how to do it - so your conspiracy theory falls apart.
    So I guess her having a lawyer was for nothing huh. I mean.. that is the point of her having a lawyer to do all those pesky things like filing evidence. Also, as she was contacted by senators asking for the information she supposedly wanted to give to them, I got to figure she could have asked them where they wanted her to stick it. In a mailbox, in a carrier pigeon, at the end of a scavenger hunt.
    Instead she refused to produce the one piece of evidence she says supported her claims and that many here founded their opinion on.

    At this point, if you go by the evidence, she did not want to make the information available to the senate. She only said she did.. then acted in a way contradictory to that.
    That is why any conspiracy theory even has room.
    To serve man.

  8. #128
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    "according to the Republican senator,"
    Your source. She testified that she had hoped they would send someone to her. Of course republicans were going to make it uncomfortable for her...not interested in the truth. Never said she would drive or prefer to drive.

    ---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post


    So I guess her having a lawyer was for nothing huh.
    Lawyers came much later as per her testimony - they went into it in quite length, who paid for the polygraph and all.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  9. #129
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Your source. She testified that she had hoped they would send someone to her. Of course republicans were going to make it uncomfortable for her...not interested in the truth. Never said she would drive or prefer to drive.
    and indeed they had agreed to that, but she claims to have not known about that, and she had lawyers at that time.
    So what is your point? It still plays to the delay tactic. As to "making it comfortable". That is BS, they clearly made concessions, but she does not get to hold the process hostage with indecission.
    I'm sorry, but after 36 years it is time to stand up and speak or forever hold your peace.
    I think the Dem who answered her original call did a disservice to her by not telling her.."look, say something or don't, but you can't be "anonymous about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy
    Lawyers came much later as per her testimony - they went into it in quite length, who paid for the polygraph and all.
    That is no excuse.. what kind of defense is that? ANY TIME during the process would have been superior to NOT AT ALL.
    There is no room to plead ignorance on this point.
    Heck, if she would have been so yokal local as to just bring it printed out in a grocery bag when she was testifying and said "who do I give this evidence too".
    It would have been taken care of. The idea that she needed lawyers... is ridiculous.. yet she had them anyway, and didn't turn over key evidence but instead held it hostage like a political pawn.

    Come on, you can see politics when it happen right? You don't seem to have a problem seeing republicans politics moving the process along. You can't see feet dragging on the other side?
    To serve man.

  10. #130
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    That's all folks, thanks for watching judicial appointee politics 2018 edition. Come back next time as republicans dance on the grave of the next justice simply by trying to fill the seat.
    Tune in as we find out such accusations as "He pimped my daughter out for drug money", and "i'm having his baby" and "He turned me into a newt!".
    This is a great example of the kind of tone deaf, hyper-partisan rhetoric that is fueling the divide in this country. It's a crying shame, and it certainly isn't anything to joke about.

    I'm sorry you feel that this was all a conspiracy by the Democrats. It speaks to how entrenched in our views many in our country have become, to the point where we are unable to sympathize with those that disagree with us, even though we aren't all that different.

  11. #131
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by fruend
    This is a great example of the kind of tone deaf, hyper-partisan rhetoric that is fueling the divide in this country.
    Just an FYI, I was not referring to the circus in the senate, but the circus of it all.. in the media and the senate.
    Am I tone deaf for pointing out Democratics naked delay tactics? or Tone deaf for calling out ridiculous headlines and demonetization in the media?
    if so.. then I'll have a shirt printed up and sport it with pride.

    Quote Originally Posted by freund
    I'm sorry you feel that this was all a conspiracy by the Democrats. It speaks to how entrenched in our views many in our country have become, to the point where we are unable to sympathize with those that disagree with us, even though we aren't all that different.
    HAHA

    It is one thing to sympathize, and it is another to abandon any principles of basic justice.
    I think "all a conspiracy" is a little too far. I mean, the dem's were most certainly acting in a political way, with motivations of politics over justice driving their decisions.
    I don't currently think that extended to a total fabrication of her story, but as I said, given the evidence of how she acted.. we shouldn't rule it out.
    I'm currently at the position that she was abused by the process,probably betrayed by her lawyers who were more interested in a public circus of her testifying in Washington, then having her quietly meet with senators in the comfort of her home. .. but I could be wrong, I have no clue how informed she was during the whole process.
    To serve man.

  12. #132
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    and indeed they had agreed to that,
    So what happened?

    ---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    You can't see feet dragging on the other side?
    I don't see any indication that she dragged her feet, her testimony is just the opposite.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  13. #133
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    Am I tone deaf for pointing out Democratics naked delay tactics? or Tone deaf for calling out ridiculous headlines and demonetization in the media?
    if so.. then I'll have a shirt printed up and sport it with pride.
    The tone deafness is in the lack of sympathy for assault victims. Even if Dr. Ford was dishonest (which I view as unlikely, given the evasiveness of Justice Kavanaugh's responses), there are a lot of women (and men) out there who have been sexually assaulted that have seen this travesty of a nomination process play out on the national stage. That anyone would gloat, make light of or celebrate this when there are real people on the other side of this that have been hurt is harmful to our cohesiveness as a nation.

    That you don't see that is simply because you lack sympathy for what others have gone through as evidenced by the manner in which you responded--by making a joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    It is one thing to sympathize, and it is another to abandon any principles of basic justice.
    Is that what you think has happened here, that the principles of basic justice have been abandoned in favor of being sympathetic? I personally don't see that.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    I mean, the dem's were most certainly acting in a political way, with motivations of politics over justice driving their decisions.
    You could say the same thing of the Republicans--which is my point. The fact that we cannot rise above this partisan pettiness is destructive.

  14. #134
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    So what happened?
    She claimed ignorance and flew to Washington a week later.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    I don't see any indication that she dragged her feet, her testimony is just the opposite.
    She still hasn't released the evidence in her possession. The evidence that many in this thread are basing their support on, that no one has actually seen.
    Namely the notes from her therapy session.

    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by FRUEND
    The tone deafness is in the lack of sympathy for assault victims. Even if Dr. Ford was dishonest (which I view as unlikely, given the evasiveness of Justice Kavanaugh's responses), there are a lot of women (and men) out there who have been sexually assaulted that have seen this travesty of a nomination process play out on the national stage. That anyone would gloat, make light of or celebrate this when there are real people on the other side of this that have been hurt is harmful to our cohesiveness as a nation.

    That you don't see that is simply because you lack sympathy for what others have gone through as evidenced by the manner in which you responded--by making a joke.
    Sympathy has no part in a fair trial. We can't have so much sympathy that we hang innocent people. .. And what of the sympathy for innocent men? Aren't you being tone deaf to that?
    I think the accusation of "tone deaf" is an emotional appeal, and thus I really don't care. I am sorry you feel that way, I think the process victimized her and used her beyond what she already experienced.
    I think that abuse came at the hands of her lawyers and the Dems, as they used her for a political pawn.
    This should have all been taken care of in a background check interview months ago. Not made into a public circus to character assassinate a political opponent.

    Quote Originally Posted by FREUND
    Is that what you think has happened here, that the principles of basic justice have been abandoned in favor of being sympathetic? I personally don't see that.
    Absolutely, we saw the presumption of innocents thrown out the window. We saw the expectation for corroborating evidence completely abandoned. We saw an accusation with no legal merit, with zero evidence, 36 years old, paraded around as though people should take it serious. Worse it was presented to the public with titles such as "so and so corroborates Fords testimony". Giving the appearance that evidence existed, which did not.
    The biggest disservice was done to all the sexual assault victims out there, who need to come forward today, not 36 years later. they are being told that she was right to come forward now, and that everyone else is crazy for not believing them.
    They are not being told the truth, which is.. your story is less credibl 36 years later.
    To serve man.

  15. #135
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    She claimed ignorance and flew to Washington a week later.


    She still hasn't released the evidence in her possession. The evidence that many in this thread are basing their support on, that no one has actually seen.
    Namely the notes from her therapy session.
    Ignorance of what?


    She asked to talk to the FBI...during the investigation...which was controlled by the White House. You want evidence now?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  16. #136
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    Sympathy has no part in a fair trial. We can't have so much sympathy that we hang innocent people. .. And what of the sympathy for innocent men?
    Was this a trial? The answer to that question is no, but I can understand why you continue to (erroneously) categorize a senate confirmation hearing as a trial. It has a lot of the elements of a trial, where any statement made could be grounds for criminal action (statements are made under oath). There is also the accusation element, which makes it feel like the candidate is actually a defendant. These elements do not change the fact that this was not a trial.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    Aren't you being tone deaf to that?
    What statement have I made that suggests I am being tone deaf or lack sympathy for Justice Kavanaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    I think the accusation of "tone deaf" is an emotional appeal, and thus I really don't care.
    Can you show how it is an emotional appeal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    I am sorry you feel that way, I think the process victimized her and used her beyond what she already experienced.
    I think that abuse came at the hands of her lawyers and the Dems, as they used her for a political pawn.
    This should have all been taken care of in a background check interview months ago. Not made into a public circus to character assassinate a political opponent.
    So you don't believe Dr. Ford, that's fine. Did you watch the testimonies?

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    Absolutely, we saw the presumption of innocents thrown out the window.
    By whom?

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    We saw the expectation for corroborating evidence completely abandoned.
    In cases of sexual violence, corroborating evidence is helpful but it isn't usually legally required in order to prosecute or convict someone of a sex crime. This is a good resource that goes in-depth into the nuances that occur in these kinds of cases and why corroborating evidence is not normally a legal requirement for prosecution or conviction.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    We saw an accusation with no legal merit, with zero evidence, 36 years old, paraded around as though people should take it serious.
    If you have ever known someone who has been sexually assaulted, you might have more sympathy for the psychological trauma that goes with it and understand why someone might not say anything for a long time--if ever. It is a serious matter, and any accusation should be taken seriously and evaluated appropriately. That you suggest it should not have been taken seriously is precisely the tone deafness I was referring to.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    Worse it was presented to the public with titles such as "so and so corroborates Fords testimony". Giving the appearance that evidence existed, which did not.
    Source?

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap
    The biggest disservice was done to all the sexual assault victims out there, who need to come forward today, not 36 years later. they are being told that she was right to come forward now, and that everyone else is crazy for not believing them.
    They are not being told the truth, which is.. your story is less credibl 36 years later.
    Why would they want to come forward today when they could be publicly mocked and ridiculed by the President of the United States and his supporters? Why would they want to come forward today if it is as you say, that they would be used as a tool to a political end?

  17. #137
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by FREUND
    Was this a trial?
    What does that have to do with fairness? Are we free to be "unjust" simply because judgments are not being passed in a courtroom?
    I mean, the point that it isn't a trial, is in the most technical sense.. true.
    But what relevance does it have on my point? That we should be governed by fairness, or base our judgment purely on sypathy and emotion.

    Quote Originally Posted by FREUND
    Can you show how it is an emotional appeal?
    It is an emotional appeal because it does not object to the truth value of any of my claims. Instead it attacks the emotional sensativity in which those claims are made.
    Basically, I said it mean, but your not objecting to it's accuracy.

    Quote Originally Posted by FREUND
    So you don't believe Dr. Ford, that's fine. Did you watch the testimonies?
    Yes I did, though not all of Justice K's.. because it was too long.

    Quote Originally Posted by FRUEND
    By whom?
    By everyone who upon hearing her accusation, without demanding any supporting evidence, then demanded Judge K account for his entire young adult life.
    .. so basically every Democrate in the room.

    Quote Originally Posted by FREUND
    In cases of sexual violence, corroborating evidence is helpful but it isn't usually legally required in order to prosecute or convict someone of a sex crime. This is a good resource that goes in-depth into the nuances that occur in these kinds of cases and why corroborating evidence is not normally a legal requirement for prosecution or conviction.
    I'm sorry your not giving me enough to go on to support your claim. Are you expecting me to dig through the 235 pages of your linked "support" to find where it supports what you are claiming?
    Instead what I have found is that the vast majority of rape cases are never brought to court because they are unwinable as "he said/she said".

    Because the accuser has a burden to PROVE that the accused did what the accuser is saying.
    https://www.teenvogue.com/story/sexu...laws-explained
    Quote Originally Posted by LINK
    Out of every 100 rapes, fewer than half are reported to police and of those, only 12 lead to arrests. In the event a rapist is arrested, only nine of those cases make it to prosecution and only three rapists will serve at least one day in prison, according to the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network.
    https://rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system

    Quote Originally Posted by FREUND
    If you have ever known someone who has been sexually assaulted, you might have more sympathy for the psychological trauma that goes with it and understand why someone might not say anything for a long time--if ever. It is a serious matter, and any accusation should be taken seriously and evaluated appropriately. That you suggest it should not have been taken seriously is precisely the tone deafness I was referring to.
    O.. I competly undersand why people act the way they do, and don't come forward. That is not relevant, and is an emotional appeal (once again, but maybe if you weren't so mean you would undersand that).
    My point is that the way people act HURTS THEIR CREDIBILITY.

    For example, I completly understand how a woman can become desperate and prostitute herself out to make ends meet.
    That choice however basically makes all her alligations of "rape" unbelievable. Because I am not about to act as a collection agency for prostitutes.
    Are hookers raped? Yea, probably at a higher rate than others too.
    Point is, what you do effects your credibility, and waiting 36 years to report a crime, is one of those things.

    Check it out. If she had made this claim 36 years ago, and all the people involved said they were not at such a party.. we would conclude she is a liar.
    But because she waited 36 years, we can't conclude she is lying because it is very possible everyone not directly involved forgot the uneventful(to them) party.

    So her waiting hurt her credibility, because on the flip side if they all remembered it, but didn't "witness" anything.. they could have at least been proof that there was a party that he was at with her.
    Which is more than we have now.

    your emotinal appeal is noted, and when you calm down maybe we can have a logical discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by FREUND
    Why would they want to come forward today when they could be publicly mocked and ridiculed by the President of the United States and his supporters? Why would they want to come forward today if it is as you say, that they would be used as a tool to a political end?
    What are you talking about? I was referring to the women around the u.s. that are legitimately raped. The lesson they should learn is not to wait 36 years, but to come forward as soon as possible.
    They should be aware of the burden and RESPONSIBILITY they have.
    To serve man.

  18. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    The lesson they should learn is not to wait 36 years, but to come forward as soon as possible.
    They should be aware of the burden and RESPONSIBILITY they have.
    You would think by now this would be the case, however, I continue to have doubts at least some women won't continue to receive severe retaliation (as in job loss, threats or physical harm) should they step up to the plate. (their responsibility)

    At any rate, i've been reading through quite a number of 'he said/she said' regarding the Ford vs Kavanaugh discrepancy. Many of which now appear to be centered around FMS (false memory syndrome). While I don't doubt FMS makes sense, I question the validity of the FBI investigative report, especially since it was limited in scope so as not to be thorough or include other possible witnesses. That we can continue to discuss other scenario's despite the outcome (Kavanagh's expedited confirmation), is at this point of little value. However, what's just as important, or maybe even more so considering the impact Kavanaugh may now have as a Supreme Court Justice, are his motivations, both political or otherwise. And as well, given the manner of which he conducted himself during a relatively simple confirmation hearing. Topic's of note: He dodged most questions surrounding whether or not he would protect Trump from legal troubles. When asked whether or not a president can fire at will a prosecutor who is criminally investigating him. Once again, Kavanaugh dodged the question. On Roe vs Wade. Kavanaugh once referred to birth control drugs as abortion pills. And this is but only three decisions that can carry huge consequences for everyone in the U.S. Need I mention his political dissent during that hearing that flew in the face of what a Supreme Court Justice is all about? (by blaming Dems) Far as i'm concerned, he's just another Trump apologist.

  19. Likes CowboyX liked this post
  20. #139
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwaters View Post
    You would think by now this would be the case, however, I continue to have doubts at least some women won't continue to receive severe retaliation (as in job loss, threats or physical harm) should they step up to the plate. (their responsibility)
    While I don't necessarily disagree with you, I also see an issue with the women who falsely accuse men of sexual assault rarely face any serious legal issues themselves (with a few highly publicized exceptions).

    http://www.americanjournalreview.com/fra/
    "Another #METOO Backfire: Five Girls Falsely Accuse Boy Of Sexual Assault, Potentially DESTROYING His Life Forever "

    Perhaps women that lie about being sexually assaulted should be on the same sex offender list as those that actually assault? That may be extreme, but there should be consequences, and they should be similar in gravity. This is an accusation that should be reserved for those actually assaulted.
    To date, I don't see those that are falsely accusing suffering anywhere near what the falsely accused suffer.

  21. #140
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mind Trapped by: Supreme court nominations and sexual assault accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by HIWATERS
    You would think by now this would be the case, however, I continue to have doubts at least some women won't continue to receive severe retaliation (as in job loss, threats or physical harm) should they step up to the plate. (their responsibility)
    That is probably a real danger. Just like women in abusive marriages are at risk of further abuse if they say something.
    I recognize that is a legitimate problem, however we still encourage women in abusive marriages to do something about it yes?
    So, what you are saying doesn't really absolve them of responsibility. And while we can understand why a sexual assault victim would wait years to step forward, it still reduces their credibility in a substinative way.

    Quote Originally Posted by hiwaters
    At any rate, i've been reading through quite a number of 'he said/she said' regarding the Ford vs Kavanaugh discrepancy.
    Just for clarification, this is not a he said/she said situation. That is for instances where it is only a man and a woman in a room. (or just two people).
    In this case there were 3, and it turned into a she said vs they said.

    Quote Originally Posted by HIWATERS
    I question the validity of the FBI investigative report, especially since it was limited in scope so as not to be thorough or include other possible witnesses.
    It was not limited so that it did not include other possible witnesses. They spoke ONLY to possible witnesses. So while the media played it that there were 17ish people that could have cooberated her story, they were not witnesse to the event, they were hear say from years later.
    So that is a bit of mis-information that they did not interview all possible witnesses. It was limited in scope so that it dealt specifically with this alligation.

    Quote Originally Posted by HIWATERS
    hat we can continue to discuss other scenario's despite the outcome (Kavanagh's expedited confirmation), is at this point of little value. However, what's just as important, or maybe even more so considering the impact Kavanaugh may now have as a Supreme Court Justice, are his motivations, both political or otherwise. And as well, given the manner of which he conducted himself during a relatively simple confirmation hearing.
    I don't have any problem with how he conducted himself. He was accused of gang rape by U.S senators, and was the target of a clear smear job by democrats, who broke protocol and played politics in order to sink his nomination.

    Quote Originally Posted by HIWATERS
    Topic's of note: He dodged most questions surrounding whether or not he would protect Trump from legal troubles. When asked whether or not a president can fire at will a prosecutor who is criminally investigating him. Once again, Kavanaugh dodged the question. On Roe vs Wade. Kavanaugh once referred to birth control drugs as abortion pills. And this is but only three decisions that can carry huge consequences for everyone in the U.S
    All apointees dodge questions on hpothetical future cases. That is just the way it is.
    also, it is mis-information that HE refered to birth control as abortion pills. He was stating the position of someone in the case before him, not advocating it himself. (that is im understanding)

    Quote Originally Posted by hiwaters
    Need I mention his political dissent during that hearing that flew in the face of what a Supreme Court Justice is all about? (by blaming Dems) Far as i'm concerned, he's just another Trump apologist.
    You need to mention it, like you need to mention the extrodinary partisan measures the Dems took to attack him personally. Not a single one of them was going to vote for him before all the shenanigans, and the vote was the same after the fact.

    As to being a trump apologist, you give trump too much credit. Trump didn't hand pick this guy, he has been on the short list of Rep for years.

    Now.. if you want to assert that the Dems pissed him off right before a life time appointment. I am open to hearing that, but that is their bad and you will have to wait and see if there is any evidence for it.


    ----
    If you want a legit reason why he shouldn't be on the court, how about because the court only represents 2 law schools (yale and harvard). That there are other worthy schools that teach law, and different perspectives are good. How about a small school justice hmmm?
    Anyone here for diversity?
    To serve man.

 

 
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 88
    Last Post: April 6th, 2013, 09:56 PM
  2. Mind Trapped by: supreme court on Obama care
    By MindTrap028 in forum Politics
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: July 19th, 2012, 07:20 AM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 4th, 2012, 12:31 PM
  4. Supreme Court Contempary Bais
    By Turtleflipper in forum Politics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 16th, 2007, 10:40 AM
  5. Supreme Court Nominee
    By Booger in forum ODN Polls
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 6th, 2005, 03:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •