Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77
  1. #21
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    What's the difference.
    The difference is that one is a command to do what you can. The other is a command to live in poverty.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    OMG, OMG, isn't the Constitution based on Christian teachings? Aren't we a Christian country?
    Yes, it was the Christian culture that produced the constitution. Heavily influenced by the bible and it's teachings.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Forget the bible for a second and consider your dumb pile of wood and shingles compared to an eternity with God. Your stupid house is meaningless in comparison. The flesh, the material is insignificant. THAT is what Christ taught.
    Yea, and even that is not a command to give all your possessions away. Christianity was never a poverty pact.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    I'll point right to the church leaders themselves, they are the exemplars we are supposed to follow, they strive to be like christ as we should. That we might not get there is the struggle. It's hard, the world is full of temptations and we are weak, flawed beings.
    It is not only the priests (who have no inheritance) who were Jews, nor only priests who are Christians.

    What the bible teaches is that there are many parts to the body of Christ.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    It's the difference between what you can do and what your faith tells you you should do.
    Right, but that isn't relevant here. Because we are talking about what we are commanded to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Let me asked it this way: To you, what is significant about the crucifixion?
    Salvation to those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    You really should have gone to Sunday school. Do your kids go? Are you involved with that and talk to them about this stuff? Just curious I know that's personal so don't answer if you don't want to.
    Thanks for asking. We read the bible to our kids every day, and have gone through the one year bible at least 10 years in a row now. Makes for interesting conversations.
    We have been a part of several church's, but currently go irregularly. However I do a good bit of consuming christian teachings via Pod-cast. Especially Michael Brown/James White and a few others more sporadically.


    ---
    Look if your are preaching against Greed.. I'm right with you. I will agree with you that Trump and family acted greedily and thus sinfully, but that has nothing to do with legality of what they did. Which has been my concern here.
    As I said, I don't see him as a Christian to begin with, so I don't really expect him to act like a christian.

    ---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE
    No, your original statement was "there is no set clear amount that you owe", and I pointed out how the tax is based on a clear amount set by the local tax assessor.
    Right, that is for MY instance.. not for the example in the OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE
    My position on greed is not in question here, yours is. Regardless, I can justify my position from a foundation of secular humanism. Your position of not caring that the greed of the rich & entitled negatively affects society is what doesn't make sense and has no justification considering what your religious book teaches.
    Why? I don't expect Christians to act like Christians. What good is it for a worldly person to stop cursing, when they are going to hell because they reject Christ?
    Here my concern is about legality, not his soul.

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE
    Another 30s of googling: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/30/b...-billions.html
    But wait, you don't care, right? So why even question whether it happens? This is the kind of contradiction in your position that I've been talking about from the get-go.
    offering a link without quoting the relevant portions is link wars.
    You haven't given me anything to actually respond to here.
    You can try again, or you can consider this ignored.

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE
    Would you feel the same way if we were talking about the Clintons' expression of entitlement & greed?
    Yea. Of course there is a difference between becoming a million are while you are a politician, and while you are a private citizen.

    Look I just view the tax code as a weapon against your opponents. If you can't get them on someting tangable, you can get them on tax something.. because you can get everyone on tax something or other.

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE
    Not everyone who has money attempts to avoid paying their share of taxes. I find it astounding that I even have to point this out.
    Yea, but they are paying money to work the tax code. Which is not illegal, and is basically what everyone does that hires H&R Block to do their taxes.
    The rich aren't doing anything different than anyone else, the effects are just much greater.

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE
    There's nothing about the passage which states such a condition. It simply claims that any authority in power is one which was placed there by god.
    that is because you have to read more than just a few passages out of the bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE
    Then you don't believe the bible is the true word of a perfect deity?
    I don't see how that follows from what I said.

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE
    Not really, there are lots of folks who have no problem figuring out how much they have to pay, and pay it. For your argument to hold any water, every single person paying taxes would literally have to be receiving citations & letters that they're not paying the right amount because they guessed incorrectly.
    first, no one gets a bill from the IRS untill after the fact.
    Second, have you ever payed that amount correctly, or have you gotten a bill that says you still owe money.. or have you ever gotten money back? (after the fact).
    Third, lots of people pay penalties. I have paid penalties for paying the wrong amount.
    Fourth, many, many people don't do their own taxes.
    Fifth, my argument holds water every time the above occurs.

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE
    And again, I think you'll find that almost every time they go after someone for not paying the right amount, they're citing a specific part of the code that person has not followed.
    Yes, which places on the citizen an unreasonable and unachievable expectation to understand every line in the million pages of tax code.
    Also, those lines are not always clear in themselves and can be taken different ways.
    For example, if you sold a gold coin, do you go by the face value, the weight value or the collectors value?

    I remember a case where the IRS went after a guy for selling such coins, and their basic claim was that he used the wrong value.
    To which he won his case by saying "how the hell am I supposed to know which one is right". (summarizing).

    Someting similar seems to be happening here, as the OP is saying that they underpaid on millions, but the tax assesor said only a few hundred k.

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE
    You've obviously never heard of Monasticism.
    God bless you.
    To serve man.

  2. #22
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Right, that is for MY instance.. not for the example in the OP.
    There are two valid methods of determining a value for taxation purposes: market value, and tax assessor's valuation. In what way does the Trumps' conduct of grossly understating the value in order to pay less taxes fit any of those? If you want to say that they paid their fare share in taxes upon inheriting the properties, they would have had to either get the tax assessor's valuation, or adhere to the market value. They did neither, and profited.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    offering a link without quoting the relevant portions is link wars.
    Not really - the content of the source is irrelevant to the fact that it's easy to find examples of the rich manipulating tax law in order to profit.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    You haven't given me anything to actually respond to here.
    I pointed out the contradiction of your stating you don't care about their greed, while simultaneously claiming that there's no evidence that they try to manipulate the situation so that they can feed their greed. Again, if you don't care, why try to claim that they don't do it? Even disregarding the source showing that they do, the contradiction in your position remains.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Yea. Of course there is a difference between becoming a million are while you are a politician, and while you are a private citizen.
    But you only care about whether they did something illegal, right? You don't care about their misdeeds when they were just gaming the system?

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Look I just view the tax code as a weapon against your opponents. If you can't get them on someting tangable, you can get them on tax something.. because you can get everyone on tax something or other.
    Can you support that "you can get everyone on tax something or other"? I can think of real examples of people who do pay their full share in taxes, for whom one would be hard-pressed to find any tax wrong-doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Yea, but they are paying money to work the tax code. Which is not illegal, and is basically what everyone does that hires H&R Block to do their taxes.
    There is a world of difference between regular schmoes paying someone to do their taxes so that they can be sure they've paid their full share and don't have to worry about it, and rich assholes paying a clever accountant to do their taxes so that they can avoid paying their full share. And that difference doesn't even come near the rich assholes like the Trumps who basically engage in fraud in order to avoid paying their full share.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    The rich aren't doing anything different than anyone else, the effects are just much greater.
    Again, there is a difference, but the fact you don't care about the difference in the effect is the issue here.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    that is because you have to read more than just a few passages out of the bible.
    Nothing in the language of Romans 13:1-7 even allows for conditions being placed on a statement like "there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God"

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    I don't see how that follows from what I said.
    Please clarify. Do you or don't you believe that the bible is the true word of the perfect being?
    If so, then how do you reconcile complaining about laws which were put in place by said being?

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Fifth, my argument holds water every time the above occurs.
    No, your argument was that the law is flawed because "they make you guess". Every time someone pays what they owe and nothing further happens, this demonstrates the flaw in your argument. Even the cases where someone pays H&R to do their taxes demonstrate the flaw in your argument, since they don't make H&R guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    unreasonable and unachievable expectation to understand every line
    There is no expectation to understand every line, just an expectation to obey the law, which many demonstrate is quite easy to do, thus refuting your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    God bless you.
    This in no way addresses my statement. I rebutted your claim about nobody interpreting Matthew 19:16-24 in the way expressed by Cowboy. You can choose to address that rebuttal or cede the point.

  3. #23
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    Salvation to those that believe.
    Through what?

    ---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    Christianity was never a poverty pact.
    It's an apocalyptic pact.

    ---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    The difference is that one is a command to do what you can. The other is a command to live in poverty.
    They're both commands to not waste time or energy over something that doesn't matter in the great scheme of things.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Through faith in Christ.

    ... I don't understand the apocalyptic pact referance.
    .. sure. They are both commands about our proper perspective. But it is not a command that poverty is a requirement of Christianity. We are more commanded to be good stewards of everything we are giving.
    To serve man.

  5. #25
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Through faith in Christ.

    ... I don't understand the apocalyptic pact referance.
    .. sure. They are both commands about our proper perspective. But it is not a command that poverty is a requirement of Christianity. We are more commanded to be good stewards of everything we are giving.
    Faith in what though? What makes Christ's crucifixion different than any of the countless others over the centuries?

    ---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    ... I don't understand the apocalyptic pact referance.
    read Revelations
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  6. #26
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Faith in what though? What makes Christ's crucifixion different than any of the countless others over the centuries?
    I think you should just make your case, instead of fishing for a specific answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy
    read Revelations
    Yes, I am familiar.. i just don't understand how it has anything to do with the topic at hand.
    To serve man.

  7. #27
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    [URL="https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html"]Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes
    .
    That someone (anyone) wants to keep their assets, as apposed to letting the Gov't take them is almost mandatory for the human condition.

    1. For every $1 the US Gov't extracts from citizens/businesses, they spend much more than that amount.
    2. The Gov't spends it partly on things not authorized by the constitution.
    3. The more you have, the more opportunity to evade the tax structure (as it currently stands...).

  8. Likes Squatch347 liked this post
  9. #28
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    I think you should just make your case, instead of fishing for a specific answer.
    I'll keep fishing. Do you think your wife would stand by just sobbing as they publicly tortured and killed one of your children for speaking? [My guess is no, and that the Romans would need a bigger army]

    ---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Yes, I am familiar.. i just don't understand how it has anything to do with the topic at hand.
    Because Jesus preached about the coming of the Kingdom of God, it wasn't metaphorical to him (or to many of the cults at that time), and is an integral part of his teachings.

    Yet, you're worried about your house.

    ---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    That someone (anyone) wants to keep their assets, as apposed to letting the Gov't take them is almost mandatory for the human condition.
    Not according to Jesus. To him you're completely obsessed with the wrong thing.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  10. #29
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    That someone (anyone) wants to keep their assets, as apposed to letting the Gov't take them is almost mandatory for the human condition.
    There are many aspects of the human condition which we have good reasons to try and control or limit. The fact that, at one point in our evolution, individual greed apparently allowed some of our ancestors to thrive and procreate, means nothing today in a world where we understand that we have to find the best way of co-existing. Part of that means recognizing what actions help further that goal, and which don't.

  11. #30
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    @ cowboy, I don't think you k ow me well enough to accurately judge if I am worried about my house in a way that would violate Christian principles

    As to how my wife would act under Roman oppression.. you certainly have no idea. That hook is empty.
    To serve man.

  12. #31
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    Not according to Jesus. To him you're completely obsessed with the wrong thing.
    Ummm.....ya........you are surely correct!?

    This is probably not the only issue Jesus would have with me.

    I am uncertain of the relevance though...

    ---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by futureboy View Post
    There are many aspects of the human condition which we have good reasons to try and control or limit. The fact that, at one point in our evolution, individual greed apparently allowed some of our ancestors to thrive and procreate, means nothing today in a world where we understand that we have to find the best way of co-existing. Part of that means recognizing what actions help further that goal, and which don't.
    Agreed.
    And not just at one point, but "individual greed" still "allows" us "to thrive and procreate". After all, I'm not looking to share my wife with a guy so he can have kids. My paycheck mostly goes toward my family's best interest, not the community best interest as a whole.

    Put another way:
    "if the tax code was not sooooooo complicated on PURPOSE, these kinds of "games" could not be played at all!

    Now add, the US congress has a major spending problem. It IS going to affect national security. Shortly, interest payments on the Nat'l debt will = our defense spending!

    https://www.mrctv.org/blog/interest-...fense-spending
    "In fact, interest payments on the nation’s $25 trillion (and climbing) debt are expected to triple over the next 10 years to more than $900 billion annually."

    If anyone looked at the US budget very closely at all, it isn't hard to see absolutely stupid spending. It isn't just greed, but also anger at how tax dollars a spent that motivate people to seek to lower their tax bill.

    Again though, and more importantly to the Op:
    if the tax code wasn't so stupid, Trump would have no "loopholes" to take advantage of.

    Perhaps a consumption tax instead of an income tax? Food could easily be exempted for instance so the poor are less impacted by taxes. Somebody builds/buys a $1 million house pays tax on that amount, collected at the time of sale. No tax returns, audits etc and taxes can be targeted at specific income groups, easily hitting higher incomes at higher tax levels than lower incomes.
    Just a thought as an alternative for a fairer tax system. It shouldn't be hard to do better than we are now!

    "Politicians and diapers should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason”
    (author unknown)

  13. #32
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    I don't think you k ow me well enough to accurately judge if I am worried about my house in a way that would violate Christian principles
    If we're in the throes of the rapture and you're wondering if the gutter guy is going to come next week I can make an accurate conclusion that you missed the point of the story.

    ---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    As to how my wife would act under Roman oppression.. you certainly have no idea. That hook is empty.
    Perhaps, maybe she could stand by and make that kind of sacrifice. Catholic doctrine stuck firmly in parts of South America where families practiced child sacrifice - it was a great honor. So the story of Christ sacrificing himself - willingly - had a resonance in those cultures which are crazy Catholic to this day. I almost didn't recognize the fury with which they believe and practice compared with the current American tradition which is quite tame.

    Have you ever seen those reports of current crucifixions? True they are reenactments but they are quite intense and people go berserk.

    I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it. Could you? Or whip myself, walk for miles on my kneees, etc.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  14. #33
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    @ cowboy, I don't know what any of that has to do with the price of rice in China.
    As far as what you can endure. I firmly believe you get the grace sufficient for the time. I also freely admit that there are many greater than myself.

    ---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

    @ belthazor.. that is some good points, and really right where I am at. If one is really upset about how the rich do their taxes... Then let's address the problem. Which is the tax code. If you are one that likes to beat your opponents over the head with the tax code... I am just not interested in that fight. Sure the points about not paying what you owe are valid, but I. A world where what you owe is immoraly unclear.. I simply lack the care for " rightious indignation". The system is set up to encourage that kind of behavior.. and it isn't a partisan thing.
    So scrap the tax code and make it so that the average citizen can grasp it.. and I will gladly join the choirs of castigation when someone doesn't pay.

    I know in the thread I have said it is not like you get a bill.. but you know the gov could actually send you a bill, and then you could be given options to challenge it. Hey could do that now. ..
    Is anyone here opposed to that? If not.. why havent politicians implemented something that all of use would easily agree on? .. after all we know how much we all agree on stuff.
    To serve man.

  15. #34
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    And not just at one point, but "individual greed" still "allows" us "to thrive and procreate". After all, I'm not looking to share my wife with a guy so he can have kids.
    There's not much sense in your statements here. Not sharing your wife isn't "individual greed". And while I can understand the capitalistic mind-set behind saying individual greed is beneficial for society, the kind of individual greed we're talking about here is the kind which does actual damage. Going by social democratic and secular humanistic ideals, individual greed at the expense of society should not be tolerated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    My paycheck mostly goes toward my family's best interest, not the community best interest as a whole.
    Right, after your salary is taxed, which goes to ensure your best interests along with the community's are paid for. And what happens when you, for whatever reason, are unable to get that paycheck? Do you honestly not understand the benefit you gain from paying taxes, and why it's best that everyone pays their full share?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    if the tax code wasn't so stupid, Trump would have no "loopholes" to take advantage of.
    As already pointed out, there are those who understand the reasons why they should pay their fair share and don't take advantage of loopholes. The difference between the motivations of Trump and those folks is the point here, and we should be fostering the kind of society in which the rich act more like those and less like Trump.

  16. #35
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    @ cowboy, I don't know what any of that has to do with the price of rice in China.
    For it was you that argued that even if everything the Times was reported and if everything was provably illegal, it still would be ok with you because forcing people to pay taxes is wrong and if you can get around it (by any means necessary) than do it and it is the morally correct thing to do and you are a hero for doing it and deserve to occupy a powerful office.

    You admire him, he is an example of a smart, great, business man to you.

    I argue the opposite and gave ample support from the bible and Christian doctrine that contradicts you. (The President claims to be a Christian and his favorite book is the Bible - he obviously has no clue and certainly wouldn't be interested in following Christ)
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  17. #36
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    @ cowboy, your last post had nothing to do with any of that. You have a couple of nice strawmen there.. congrats for burning them up.

    I don't admire Trump so much as love watching him burn up the libs and drive them nuts. But nice try projecting and speculating about your opponent. Swing and a miss.

    All I said was that the story that someone was I. Technical violation of the tax code is not a point over which I get very excited over, because we are all in violation because the tax code is unjust.

    You argued that Christian's should get excited because the Bible says pay your taxes. (Which it does) and a bunch of other stuff which I addressed as to why it is wrong. The. You went off the rails and never responded to my arguments or addressed my points about unjust laws or any of that and now you are landing in on commenting on my personal opinion of trump...
    So you started off fine but the wheels came off the thought train for you about a page ago. I am not sure what you are on about or what you think your responding too.
    To serve man.

  18. #37
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    I don't admire Trump so much as love watching him burn up the libs and drive them nuts.
    Exactly, for things just like this.

    ---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    All I said was that the story that someone was I. Technical violation of the tax code is not a point over which I get very excited over, because we are all in violation because the tax code is unjust.
    I'm not in violation of the tax code, I don't find it onerous at all. I was audited once and it was easily settled.

    I could say what you said about any laws - drug laws, immigration laws - that you're fixated on making excuses for the President and that type of business practices shows how much you admire him and his actions.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  19. #38
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Exactly, for things just like this.
    Pretty much, he is basically a daily dose of liberal blown gaskets. It is pretty hilarious.
    I know it is sad as well. I would have preferred Ben Carson, but you know politics wants to seek and destroy, so he didn't make the cut.
    Instead we got a guy with all sorts of moral weaknesses, but who apparently knows how to actually run things and get things done... even if he does have foot in mouth disease.
    What I love most, is that Bush was constantly bashed for being stupid etc, and man o man Trump has just taken all the things that Bush Got bashed for, and turned it up to 11.

    What I do admire the most about Trump, is that he doesn't let the attacks on him go un-answered. I felt that Bush was constantly being attacked by the media is unfair and untrue ways, and Bush never hit back.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    I'm not in violation of the tax code, I don't find it onerous at all. I was audited once and it was easily settled.
    Haha... your not in violation of the tax code.. that is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    I could say what you said about any laws - drug laws, immigration laws - that you're fixated on making excuses for the President and that type of business practices shows how much you admire him and his actions.
    not ANY laws, just some laws. Like laws against murder are just.. or did you develop a problem with them in order to make your point?
    Your just over reacting here. See above as to how and in what way I admire trump. You can argue from that, however this assertion seems pretty un-connected and irrelevant to the thread.
    My intentions are not relevant to the validity of my argument. But I guess I could just argue that your only arguing against me because your personally mean, and a mean meanny who is mean to people.
    To serve man.

  20. #39
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    not ANY laws, just some laws. Like laws against murder are just.. or did you develop a problem with them in order to make your point?
    Your just over reacting here. See above as to how and in what way I admire trump. You can argue from that, however this assertion seems pretty un-connected and irrelevant to the thread.
    There's never been problems with the application of murder laws? No one ever wrongly convicted? Huh?

    ---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Haha... your not in violation of the tax code.. that is hilarious.
    Not that I'm aware of.

    ---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    What I do admire the most about Trump, is that he doesn't let the attacks on him go un-answered.
    Sure, he has the congress and supreme court to protect him.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  21. #40
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes

    Just laws can be unjustly applied, that is not what we are talking about with the tax code.
    So, no the laws against murder are not unjust, and the burden of proof "beyond a reasonable doubt" is the most just we have access too.
    To serve man.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is the Trump presidency that bad?
    By SharmaK in forum Politics
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: February 11th, 2018, 11:30 AM
  2. Why did Trump win?
    By Sigfried in forum Politics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: November 18th, 2016, 09:13 PM
  3. Are people who profitted from Madoff's schemes still deserving of aid?
    By AliceLiddell in forum Member Contributed News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 8th, 2009, 06:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •