Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mind Trapped by: One Trap to rule them all

@ belthazor.. I. Regards to the soul definition. I was using it in a more general term, not a philisiophical, religious way. Like a chicken. Soup for your soul kinda way. People recognize something throughout history that we would label a soul. It is the emotional relational side of life, generally. I was just saying that naturalism doesn't have to reject that.. they just define it different.

As to naturalism actually appealing to a soul.. I don't know, certainly not I the same sense as religion I was just pointing out that I think they can use the word to refer to their ideas in a consistent way.. I agree that it may be confusing.. but I am just open to it being consistent with naturalism.

Do theists find it easier to define conciousness. No just defining it differently.

I agree with the definition point. There are a lit of words in this debate that have interesting imolications. Like trying to appeal to an abstract as a naturalist. As far as I can tell those are mutually exclusive ideas.
    To serve man.