Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 61 to 77 of 77
  1. #61
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    @ cowboy
    Personally I would love to owe a billion dollars on realestate loans. To cover that note you have to bring in major bucks.

    As to how trump conducts business. He is clearly in a winner mindset. Where every deal has a winner and a loser and he wants to be the winner.
    Why borrow money? I think that is standard buisness practice. It can be very smart to leverage(here used in the sense of lending money, as opposed to the blackmail sense) yourself. That way you make money off of the banks money.

    ---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

    @ cowboy
    Personally I would love to owe a billion dollars on realestate loans. To cover that note you have to bring in major bucks.

    As to how trump conducts business. He is clearly in a winner mindset. Where every deal has a winner and a loser and he wants to be the winner.
    Why borrow money? I think that is standard buisness practice. It can be very smart to leverage(here used in the sense of lending money, as opposed to the blackmail sense) yourself. That way you make money off of the banks money.
    To serve man.

  2. #62
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    @ cowboy
    Personally I would love to owe a billion dollars on realestate loans. To cover that note you have to bring in major bucks.

    As to how trump conducts business. He is clearly in a winner mindset. Where every deal has a winner and a loser and he wants to be the winner.
    Why borrow money? I think that is standard buisness practice. It can be very smart to leverage(here used in the sense of lending money, as opposed to the blackmail sense) yourself. That way you make money off of the banks money.
    What if you don't bring in major bucks?

    What if lots of place won't lend you money?

    In 1995, Trump declares a $916 million loss on his income tax returns. His business interests are taking a toll on his creditworthiness, and most “[b]ankers on Wall Street became unwilling to lend him money due to what they termed ‘the Donald risk.’” He needs money, and turns to two sources: Deutsche Bank and Bayrock Group. Same source.
    Could such a person - still technically wealthy - be susceptible to compromise? Especially one so keen on engaging in questionable business practices (as previously mentioned).
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  3. #63
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    What if you don't bring in major bucks?

    What if lots of place won't lend you money?
    That isn't really indicative of being a billionaire or not. I mean, If I borrowed 1 billion dollars. The next day no other bank would lend me money.
    So what you are pointing out.. doesn't really mean very much on its own.
    At the end of the day I would still have a billion dollars and be very wealthy, and even if I had all kinds of losses listed on my taxes, I would still be bringing in a lot of money.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Could such a person - still technically wealthy - be susceptible to compromise?
    A person with a billion dollars, isn't going to be tempted with a million dollars, as much as a person who does not have money.
    There is no reason to think that Trump an extremely wealthy individual, is going to be as easily compromised by money as someone who is not as wealthy as him in the gov (basically everyone else).
    So the problem with you "could" "is it possible" as it is being applies.. is that it is a net the catches everyone... so it doesn't mean anything, and certainly doesn't implicate anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Especially one so keen on engaging in questionable business practices (as previously mentioned).
    I think the way he runs his business actually prejudices him against being used by other people. The man doesn't like to be told what to do by anyone.
    Again, back to the winner/loser mindset. If Trump is at a meeting with anyone. Russians, Americans, congress whatever.. he wants to win.

    Imagine I am sitting across from trump at a table, and I offer him 100mil.
    and I say "I won't make you sign any contract, I won't make this legally binding in any way.. I want you to take this money as a gift, and then do what I ask you to do at some point in the future no questions asked".
    He would take my money, and laugh in my face, because he just stole my money.
    He won, and didn't have to give up anything, and I am the fool who gave trump money with no legal recourse to get it back or what you want.
    To serve man.

  4. #64
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    At the end of the day I would still have a billion dollars and be very wealthy, and even if I had all kinds of losses listed on my taxes, I would still be bringing in a lot of money.
    He wasn't bringing in a lot of money.

    ---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    A person with a billion dollars, isn't going to be tempted with a million dollars, as much as a person who does not have money.
    There is no reason to think that Trump an extremely wealthy individual, is going to be as easily compromised by money as someone who is not as wealthy as him in the gov (basically everyone else).
    So the problem with you "could" "is it possible" as it is being applies.. is that it is a net the catches everyone... so it doesn't mean anything, and certainly doesn't implicate anyone.
    Apples and oranges. We're talking about someone who had wealth, yes, but needed money since his businesses weren't doing very good. Not everyone else. The bigger the machine the more it needs to keep going. So someone might rob a gas station to pay their rent, what might a billionaire do to keep his juggling balls in the air?

    There's no reason to believe he might be immune to compromise as you've suggested.

    ---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    I think the way he runs his business actually prejudices him against being used by other people. The man doesn't like to be told what to do by anyone.
    Again, back to the winner/loser mindset. If Trump is at a meeting with anyone. Russians, Americans, congress whatever.. he wants to win.
    He also has a penchant for speaking off the cuff.

    "Haha, I got your 100 million"...let's just file that pee tape away for future use.

    Also, you can compromise yourself, which Trump did by lying about his business interactions in Russia.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  5. #65
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Of course he was bringing in a lot of money. It isn't clear at all that his claimed losses where cashflow losses.
    Seems to me depresiation losses could have been huge.

    ---
    I don't think it is established that his buisnessed we're not doing very good. Especially in the time frame relevant to the election or his presidency.

    ---
    Basically i don't think compromise works like you think it does.
    A guy who sleeps with every skirt in site is not going to be comprised by a sexy tape like a priest. On Balance the type of person trump is lends him less towards being personally compromised so as to let someone else control him.

    ---
    Your case is just supper flimsy and relies on a bunch of assumptions that are not justified. Sure they fit the anti trump mold. But everyone knows what kinda guy he is and made him president anyway.
    Short of evidence of actual criminal wrongdoing and not just speculation

    . Why should I care about gossip?
    To serve man.

  6. #66
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Basically i don't think compromise works like you think it does.
    A guy who sleeps with every skirt in site is not going to be comprised by a sexy tape like a priest. On Balance the type of person trump is lends him less towards being personally compromised so as to let someone else control him.
    While I would generally agree with that - it's impossible to shame the shameless - that's not the case here. Why lie and have people lie about his business interactions in Russia?

    ---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Of course he was bringing in a lot of money. It isn't clear at all that his claimed losses where cashflow losses.
    Seems to me depresiation losses could have been huge.

    ---
    I don't think it is established that his buisnessed we're not doing very good. Especially in the time frame relevant to the election or his presidency.
    Which one was it? How many times did he file bankruptcy? Have daddy bail him out?

    ---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Why should I care about gossip?
    Where there's smoke there's fire.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  7. #67
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    While I would generally agree with that - it's impossible to shame the shameless - that's not the case here. Why lie and have people lie about his business interactions in Russia?
    first.. lets not steam roll past a point of agreement. I mean, that doesn't happen every day. I don't think you can shame the shameless and I think that is well said.
    Probably calculated political spin. Happens every election by pretty much everyone involved.
    Trump doesn't always make the best "political" moves, and does shoot himself in the foot when there is no need.


    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Which one was it? How many times did he file bankruptcy? Have daddy bail him out?

    I think both. I think trump used Bankruptcy law to his enrichment.
    I mean, I had a friend who ran a business that way. Each time he declared bankrupts he personally got richer. Because it was the business declaring bankruptcy, and he.. his words "pencil whipped the IRS".
    Which means he spun every cent he spent as a business expense.. ran his business at a "loss", then shut it down through bankruptcy, and continued doing business under a new name.

    As to "daddy bailing him out", I don't know of any evidence of that at all, so it is just a baseless slur as far as I'm concerned.


    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Where there's smoke there's fire.
    That isn't a logical law. It's just a rule of thumb, and given the nature and state of the Media.. Not really a trustworthy one. As they will focus on a match being struck, and ignore a forest fire.
    To serve man.

  8. #68
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Probably calculated political spin. Happens every election by pretty much everyone involved.
    Trump doesn't always make the best "political" moves, and does shoot himself in the foot when there is no need.
    Therefore I'm correct in that he allowed himself to be compromised.

    ---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    I think both. I think trump used Bankruptcy law to his enrichment.
    I mean, I had a friend who ran a business that way. Each time he declared bankrupts he personally got richer. Because it was the business declaring bankruptcy, and he.. his words "pencil whipped the IRS".
    Which means he spun every cent he spent as a business expense.. ran his business at a "loss", then shut it down through bankruptcy, and continued doing business under a new name.
    Again more creative accounting. Certainly not visionary. You certain people are so "confused" by the tax code?

    ---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

    ---

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    As to "daddy bailing him out", I don't know of any evidence of that at all, so it is just a baseless slur as far as I'm concerned.
    Fred Trump, through his attorney, bought $3.5 million in chips at a high-stakes blackjack table and left without gambling with them.

    The move resulted in an investigation and a complaint by the gaming division. Trump officials and the gaming division reached a settlement of the complaint and the gaming hall has agreed to pay a $30,000 fine.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  9. #69
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Therefore I'm correct in that he allowed himself to be compromised.
    Not really, because it doesn't really follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Again more creative accounting. Certainly not visionary. You certain people are so "confused" by the tax code?
    what do you mean "creative accounting" if the tax code is so clear.. isn't it just plane old "accounting"?
    The fact that you recognize "creative accounting" exists, is a concession to my only point about the tax code.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Fred Trump, through his attorney, bought $3.5 million in chips at a high-stakes blackjack table and left without gambling with them.

    The move resulted in an investigation and a complaint by the gaming division. Trump officials and the gaming division reached a settlement of the complaint and the gaming hall has agreed to pay a $30,000 fine.
    So... What?
    I am sure a person can't possibly write off gambling losses on taxes. So that can't possibly be a motivation to purposely lose money for a rich person.
    And I'm absolutely sure that a person would make sure that they had losses at anyone's casino but their own relatives.. because people generally hate for their kids to benefit from any financial moves they make.

    but still... I don't personally care if or how or when trumps dad gave him money or even how much.
    It seems pretty evident that Trump has made his own fortune from that. IE, he doesn't have only what his dad gave him, he has turned that into a fortune of it's own.
    I think trump is worth a bit more than 3.5mil
    To serve man.

  10. #70
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Not really, because it doesn't really follow.
    Sure it does, he did the politically expedient thing and therefore allowed himself to be compromised. That's a violation of his oath of office.

    ---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    what do you mean "creative accounting" if the tax code is so clear.. isn't it just plane old "accounting"?
    The fact that you recognize "creative accounting" exists, is a concession to my only point about the tax code.
    How so? Your point about the tax code is that it is incomprehensible. Not only is that not true, but invested persons are able to use the tax code to their advantage.

    ---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    but still... I don't personally care if or how or when trumps dad gave him money or even how much.
    It seems pretty evident that Trump has made his own fortune from that. IE, he doesn't have only what his dad gave him, he has turned that into a fortune of it's own.
    I think trump is worth a bit more than 3.5mil
    I don't understand this. I can understand the "so what" part. Yes, I agree that parents like to give to their children and should be able to. But that wasn't the point which was that he isn't the "visionary" or self-made man he advertises himself as. (has even even made any "deals" while in office?)

    Now, we can debt what a "business" is, but where will that get us? The mafia is a business, a sleezy used car salesman is a businessman. Can we agree that "business" is an umbrella term that encompasses a wide variety of types of transactions?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  11. #71
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy
    Sure it does, he did the politically expedient thing and therefore allowed himself to be compromised. That's a violation of his oath of office.
    It doesn't follow that a politically expedient thing, is a compromising thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy
    How so? Your point about the tax code is that it is incomprehensible. Not only is that not true, but invested persons are able to use the tax code to their advantage.
    So my point is not that the Tax code can't possibly understood.
    It is that it is unreasonably hard to understand and apply, even to trained professionals. This is due in part, not only to the language and size of the tax code, but also to the various possible interpretations.
    Consider the below as evidence to this claim. The IRS doesn't even answer tax questions correctly when you ask them.
    Your claim that my assertion is not true, is UN-evidenced speculation on your own part.

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/irs-cant-do-the-math/
    Quote Originally Posted by LINK
    IRS centers established to help people prepare their tax returns gave incorrect answers - or no answer at all - to 43 percent of the questions asked by Treasury Department investigators posing as taxpayers.

    The investigators concluded that half a million taxpayers may have been given wrong information between July and December 2002.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    I don't understand this. I can understand the "so what" part. Yes, I agree that parents like to give to their children and should be able to. But that wasn't the point which was that he isn't the "visionary" or self-made man he advertises himself as. (has even even made any "deals" while in office?)
    That is the case your trying to make.. but you have weak examples, that don't really embody the totality of his personal accomplishments.
    Did his Dad give him the "apprentice" show? Did his dad craft trumps public image?
    Your giving a lot of weight to events who's effects on the total are really unknown or quite marginal.

    You are really coming across as a person who would call Sam Walton a loser, because he had so many failed businesses, and when someone says I really don't think so, you would bring up some of his early businesses and proclaim how stupid he was. The problem is, in business.. you can't just put the failures on one side and act like they outweigh the successes. Because a lot of times the success required the failures (in a way).

    In doing that one comes across as ignorant, or prejudicial biased.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Now, we can debt what a "business" is, but where will that get us? The mafia is a business, a sleezy used car salesman is a businessman. Can we agree that "business" is an umbrella term that encompasses a wide variety of types of transactions?
    What is your point,and how is it related to what I said?
    To serve man.

  12. #72
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    It doesn't follow that a politically expedient thing, is a compromising thing.
    When it's lying and you know one of our fiercest adversaries knows the truth it is.

    ---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    That is the case your trying to make.. but you have weak examples, that don't really embody the totality of his personal accomplishments.
    Did his Dad give him the "apprentice" show? Did his dad craft trumps public image?
    Your giving a lot of weight to events who's effects on the total are really unknown or quite marginal.
    Would he have had his apprentice show without his dad's initial loan:

    “It has not been easy for me. And you know I started off in Brooklyn, my father gave me a small loan of a million dollars.”

    And I agree, and as the support shows, it was much more and this was part of what you'd call his crafting of a public image - that he was some kind of self-made billionaire visionary genius. Howard Stern has said he wanted to be on the radio at age 5 and suggests that that is when he came up with the idea for his show. Ingvar Komprad - founder of IKEA - has suggested likewise when he started selling matches at age five.

    Now, I'm not suggesting that early experiences in life don't have an effect on later life, just that this "crafting" of an image that let's the public's imagination run wild with thoughts of a wunderkind dreaming up this success from the womb is hyperbolic at best. Let Ingvar produce the crayon drawings he did at age 5 of us putting our own furniture together and maybe there is something there, but when you really look at it is there anything astonishing in the fact that a 5 year old was selling matches during the world wide great depression when others were picking coal and doing whatever to survive.

    So is it, truly, a knack for business, a "vision", great ideas or however you want to describe it or just a carefully crafted image of that.

    ---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    What is your point,and how is it related to what I said?
    It goes to the heart of the matter as to what you consider business and a good business and a good businessman. (or successful, or what have you...admirable? an admirable business)

    Is a successful mafia boss a good businessman?

    And let's bring in the idea of the crafted public image. I remember sitting in a South Boston diner and a newscast about the gangster (then on the run) Whitey Bulger. A young woman in the next booth started talking about how Whitey used to "take care" of the neighborhood and how if he saw a kid without a winter coat he would make sure they got one.

    Now I doubt that that viscous, cold-blooded killer ever bought anything for anyone. Even if he did give a kid a coat it was probably stolen or extorted or the money came from some crime or criminal enterprise.

    So here we have a charismatic, both rich and wealthy person with a robin hood-like public image (whether crafted or not) at least to that young woman.

    Is this a good businessman? Are the characteristics he displays what you would call those of a good leader? Ruthlessness, breaking the rules (made to be broken), taking on the system and taking it down (drain the swamp)? If not what are your characteristics? And what are the elements you thin make a good businessman?

    Is it just money? or wealth?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  13. #73
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    When it's lying and you know one of our fiercest adversaries knows the truth it is.
    again, not necessarily. Further, that far fetched compromise would be resolved when the truth becomes known.
    .. and it's known now, so your claim is objectively false now.

    That means your going on about accusing him of being compromised, over something that there is no evidence it was attempted to be used against him. No evidence that he attempted to bend to that compromise or that it influenced anything, and that is already resolved, with out any real political harm done. IE no one cares. So your just miss calculating

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Would he have had his apprentice show without his dad's initial loan:
    Do you want your cake, or do you want to eat it?
    Because your telling me he squandered all that money.
    Still, that is a long way away from the actual immediate events that caused the show. So it is really impossible to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    So is it, truly, a knack for business, a "vision", great ideas or however you want to describe it or just a carefully crafted image of that.
    To the public, it's indistinguishable. The only thing the public cared about is the wealth to support the assertion.
    He is wealthy and successful by every business measure commonly applied. Hence all his recognition before any political office being sought.
    Your getting to the "conspiracy" level when you say he didn't earn the recognition he got in the past.

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy
    It goes to the heart of the matter as to what you consider business and a good business and a good businessman. (or successful, or what have you...admirable? an admirable business)
    Good luck with that. Because you have a long way to go.
    So go for it.
    Account for ALL his money. Account for all his accomplishments.
    so far your just tossing out small potatoes and making them out to be bigger deals than they are.

    According to you he lost over a billion dollars.
    His dad loaned or gave him a total of 3.5mil.

    So where the heck did that billion dollars he lost come from and then of course all the money that he has left?
    Chris Mathews voice "go".
    To serve man.

  14. #74
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    again, not necessarily. Further, that far fetched compromise would be resolved when the truth becomes known.
    .. and it's known now, so your claim is objectively false now.
    Yes, necessarily. And that it has become known now doesn't erase the fact that it wasn't known and he was, indeed, compromised.

    ---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    That means your going on about accusing him of being compromised, over something that there is no evidence it was attempted to be used against him.
    Doesn't have to be.

    ---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    No evidence that he attempted to bend to that compromise or that it influenced anything
    Don't need any.

    ---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    and that is already resolved, with out any real political harm done.
    Well, of course you're not going to care. If it were Hillary it'd be a different story.

    ---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    with out any real political harm done.
    Again, of course you're going to protect your guy.

    ---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    Good luck with that. Because you have a long way to go.
    So go for it.
    Account for ALL his money. Account for all his accomplishments.
    so far your just tossing out small potatoes and making them out to be bigger deals than they are.

    According to you he lost over a billion dollars.
    His dad loaned or gave him a total of 3.5mil.

    So where the heck did that billion dollars he lost come from and then of course all the money that he has left?
    Chris Mathews voice "go".
    Are you saying you know? Because what I've supported comes from the little we do know for sure, i.e., the Times investigation and none of it looks good.

    I'm not saying he's not rich or wealthy...so are mob bosses. So is it just the possession of wealth or money that matters to you? Regardless of where it came from. Is a Powerball winner a business genius?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  15. #75
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Yes, necessarily. And that it has become known now doesn't erase the fact that it wasn't known and he was, indeed, compromised.
    So your suggesting that any politician, or gov official who has a private or secret thing, that could in anyway be damaging to them. Is compromised in such a way that they should resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Are you saying you know? Because what I've supported comes from the little we do know for sure, i.e., the Times investigation and none of it looks good.
    Not really, it is just a bunch of speculation and in contrast to his own explinations, which as I understand it are reasonable.

    So far you said his dad gave him a few million, and that he squandered it. Fast forward to his taxes... and he lost over a billion dollars of more squandering.
    thus he is a like a mob boss?

    It's thin, and no one should be convinced by such flimsy accusations.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Are you saying you know? Because what I've supported comes from the little we do know for sure, i.e., the Times investigation and none of it looks good.
    Yup, because I love Ben Carson... er wait your talking about trump. What does "My guy" have to do with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Well, of course you're not going to care. If it were Hillary it'd be a different story.
    I would say that is evidenced no. Because I would make a case against Hillary for selling nuke material to Russia.
    But not because it compromises her or that she is compromised so she should be fired, but because I think it is a crime.
    my point, I have not made the kind of case you are saying I would given a democrat.

    So, sorry, swing and a miss.
    Maybe stop trying to fit everyone you disagree with in the same box, I know I would appreciate it. You tend to set up whole villages of straw men. We all kinda get a kick out of watching you burn them down and cackle in the moonlight, But the smoke can get annoying.
    To serve man.

  16. Thanks Squatch347 thanked for this post
    Likes Belthazor liked this post
  17. #76
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    So your suggesting that any politician, or gov official who has a private or secret thing, that could in anyway be damaging to them. Is compromised in such a way that they should resign?
    hmmmmm, I 'm going to say tentatively yes. There might be a case where one was compromised but it wasn't violating their oath of office. Definitely on Trump's part because of the level of his station and the nature of the ex-Soviets being so dangerous and threatening the entire country.

    ---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Not really, it is just a bunch of speculation and in contrast to his own explinations, which as I understand it are reasonable.

    So far you said his dad gave him a few million, and that he squandered it. Fast forward to his taxes... and he lost over a billion dollars of more squandering.
    thus he is a like a mob boss?

    It's thin, and no one should be convinced by such flimsy accusations.
    Not really, his word as a stable genius versus hard facts of bankruptcies and business failures. It's my opinion that those businesses - especially the casinos - were probably laundering money for the mob so Trump was making out elsewhere - for example being able to use non-union workers on his projects.

    If so would you consider that as an admirable businessman? Smart? Visionary?

    ---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    I would say that is evidenced no. Because I would make a case against Hillary for selling nuke material to Russia.
    But not because it compromises her or that she is compromised so she should be fired, but because I think it is a crime.
    my point, I have not made the kind of case you are saying I would given a democrat.
    Well, you can think what you like. What was done was not a crime. If what we have on Trump was had on a President Hillary Clinton instead she wouldn't have made it back into the country after the Helsinki speech. The idea that conservatives wouldn't be howling about it is just not believable.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  18. #77
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    the likely top agenda item is the prolonged divorce between the UK and the EU, which has caused deep fractures in British society and precipitated May's demise as prime minister. Trump hopes to negotiate a "big" new trade agreement with the UK once Brexit is complete, and has suggested the country "walk away" from talks with the EU over the divorce terms.

    Trump has been unequivocal in his support for Brexit, and harshly critical of May's handling of it. His overt positioning on the matter has not been entirely welcomed by the British government, but UK officials insisted ahead of their meeting this week that no awkwardness would exist between the two leaders.

    Putin couldn't be more pleased.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. You're afraid of power, not President-elect Trump
    By Someguy in forum Member Contributed News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 29th, 2016, 03:52 PM
  2. President-elect Trump
    By Someguy in forum Shootin' the Breeze / Off-Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 14th, 2016, 05:20 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: November 13th, 2016, 11:19 PM
  4. Trump would make a great president
    By SadElephant in forum Politics
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: June 30th, 2016, 11:31 AM
  5. Donald Trump for President ?
    By Vandaler in forum Politics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: April 18th, 2011, 06:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •