Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 52 of 52
  1. #41
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Sure it is, it was his campaign and his administration.
    Yes it was. That doesn't make him responsible or guilty simply by association.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    and you're wrong, as already supported
    You haven't supported that they are connected. All you did was list the convictions.
    The context is completely missing from your "support".

    All you need to do is answer "for what" or "about what" after each "support" you have offered.
    convicted of lying..about... ???? O yea, something unrelated to the campaign.
    Convicted of lying about ... ??? O yea, something to do with a country other than Russia.
    etc.. etc..

    I mean, it's great they are catching people who did stuff that is illegal, and it is good that the FBI is prosecuting people who lie to them (at least this time around). It just isn't related to Trump in the way that the Left wing wants it to be.
    To serve man.

  2. #42
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Yes it was. That doesn't make him responsible or guilty simply by association.
    No, he's guilty of lying, repeatedly, to the american people which compromised him and violated his oath of office.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  3. #43
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    No, he's guilty of lying, repeatedly, to the american people which compromised him and violated his oath of office.
    Lying doesn't necessarily compromise you with foreign gov.
    Nor is it clear what supposed lie you are even referencing, and you certainly haven't supported that he is compromised.
    To serve man.

  4. #44
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Lying doesn't necessarily compromise you with foreign gov.
    Nor is it clear what supposed lie you are even referencing, and you certainly haven't supported that he is compromised.
    He lied about his business continuing in Russia, repeatedly. The Russians knew this, he was therefore compromised.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  5. #45
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    You can't be compromised over legal activity.. that is just sill.
    To serve man.

  6. #46
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    You can't be compromised over legal activity.. that is just sill.
    Sure you can. What if you had an affair and your mistress wanted to blackmail you or tell your wife? You'd be compromised over a legal activity - adultery isn't illegal. Neither is lying (not under oath).
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  7. #47
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Sure you can. What if you had an affair and your mistress wanted to blackmail you or tell your wife? You'd be compromised over a legal activity - adultery isn't illegal. Neither is lying (not under oath).
    That is very weak sauce. The example is hardly comparable in severity, and it is kinda "illegal" because cheating on your wife is breaking vows, that is why one is ashamed of it.
    There simply isn't anything comparable here, certainly not on scale, and it is questionable if he even lied. Because it isn't really as clear cut as adultery is.

    Libs are really reaching and attempting to over-blow this aspect. Especially by imagining that it compromises him in some way.
    To serve man.

  8. #48
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    That is very weak sauce. The example is hardly comparable in severity, and it is kinda "illegal" because cheating on your wife is breaking vows, that is why one is ashamed of it.
    There simply isn't anything comparable here, certainly not on scale, and it is questionable if he even lied. Because it isn't really as clear cut as adultery is.

    Libs are really reaching and attempting to over-blow this aspect. Especially by imagining that it compromises him in some way.
    "kinda" illegal?

    I agree on the severity and scale part. Violating your oath of office and potentially putting the nation at risk is serious.

    He repeatedly lied about his business dealings. No question.

    "Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!

    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2017" (emphasis mine)
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  9. #49
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    "kinda" illegal?
    yea, in the sense that it violates the rules of marriage.


    Yea, and that isn't really untrue. Because he doesn't have any deals with Russia.
    The distinction he is making is not a false one.
    In that, negotiating a deal, and having one is not the same thing.
    To serve man.

  10. #50
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    yea, in the sense that it violates the rules of marriage.
    There's nothing illegal about that. You don't go to jail or pay a fine for that.

    ---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Yea, and that isn't really untrue. Because he doesn't have any deals with Russia.
    The distinction he is making is not a false one.
    In that, negotiating a deal, and having one is not the same thing.
    "No Nothing"

    At his last press conference before his inauguration, Trump said he had “no deals that could happen in Russia, because we’ve stayed away”:

    could happen
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  11. #51
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    There's nothing illegal about that. You don't go to jail or pay a fine for that.
    Well, one is breaking rules, and one is "punished" with the loss of half their assets through divorce.
    So there is a sense in which it is illegal.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    "No Nothing"

    At his last press conference before his inauguration, Trump said he had “no deals that could happen in Russia, because we’ve stayed away”:

    could happen
    I get that your taking the most hard line angle at that statement, but that is simply not necessarily how he was using it.

    ---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

    I think the entire point is too abstract. I mean with all the controversy's over hillaries uranium 1 deal, it never occurred to me that it would be compromising in the way that you are holding Trump's failed buisness deal is supposed to compromise him. I mean it comes down to expecting a politician to be so ashamed of a ambiguous lie, that it actually makes them beholden to a foreign power.
    I just don't see that as very reasonable.
    To serve man.

  12. #52
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why Putin wanted his puppet Trump as president

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Well, one is breaking rules, and one is "punished" with the loss of half their assets through divorce.
    So there is a sense in which it is illegal.
    Well, no, you split all of the assets, nothing is lost. Adultery is not illegal. What statute is it?

    ---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    I get that your taking the most hard line angle at that statement, but that is simply not necessarily how he was using it.[COLOR="Silver"]
    It's a total lie.

    ---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    I mean with all the controversy's over hillaries uranium 1 deal, it never occurred to me that it would be compromising in the way that you are holding Trump's failed buisness deal is supposed to compromise him.
    That's because she didn't lie, everything was approved, vetted, and above board.

    No lying.

    ---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    I mean it comes down to expecting a politician to be so ashamed of a ambiguous lie, that it actually makes them beholden to a foreign power.
    I just don't see that as very reasonable.
    Possibly. Who knows combined with whatever else. Which is why he violated his oath.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. You're afraid of power, not President-elect Trump
    By Someguy in forum Member Contributed News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 29th, 2016, 04:52 PM
  2. President-elect Trump
    By Someguy in forum Shootin' the Breeze / Off-Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 14th, 2016, 06:20 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: November 14th, 2016, 12:19 AM
  4. Trump would make a great president
    By SadElephant in forum Politics
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: June 30th, 2016, 12:31 PM
  5. Donald Trump for President ?
    By Vandaler in forum Politics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: April 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •