Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
    ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boys Can Have Periods Too!

Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    Actually I embrace it (as evidenced by the lil smile faces when it happens should you happen to notice).
    In fact, every time I think you are correct I will agree with you and will/have acknowledge it.
    How bout you?
    Always.

Then I am starting to understand your position
    That is usually my #1 goal in a discussion.

But wasn't it you that said a "trans-boy was a biological girl" or ?
    A Trans-boy was born as a girl but decided to live as a boy. If they want to live as a boy, I'm happy to treat them as a boy, but they are still a trans-boy. What they aren't is just a girl.

Unless you are proposing certain pronouns are only to be used for "gender" and not "biological sex"?
    It's context. If there is no reason to distinguish, then just call a Trans-X and X. If there is some reason we need to know they are trans, say they are having a period, then you can say Trans-X so it's clear.

Example..
    A: He's having his period.
    B: What, you mean her?
    A: No, him, he's trans.
    B: Ah I understand now.

Political correctness is not my strong suit. I think it defeats that which it seeks to promote.
    Being polite to others defeats what goal exactly?

That aside, who in this whole thread has promoted disrespecting anyone??????
    Probably Evensaul, he tends to show a lot of disrespect for lots of folks.
    Feed me some debate pellets!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    Always.

That is usually my #1 goal in a discussion.
    Except in my case on occasions...

A Trans-boy was born as a girl but decided to live as a boy.
    Ok.

If they want to live as a boy, I'm happy to treat them as a boy,
    Again,who has suggested you do otherwise, certainly NOT me!

but they are still a trans-boy.
    My only point...sigh....

What they aren't is just a girl.
    What is "just a girl" and what is wrong with that?

Being polite to others defeats what goal exactly?
    1. That isn't really what that is about.
    2. I am generally polite, it does not require this.
    3. "Ethnic cleansing" is politically correct, it was called "genocide" prior (cause that IS what it is).

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Probably Evensaul, he tends to show a lot of disrespect for lots of folks.
    I believe at times you have shown me disrespect as well, as evidenced by us having discussed it in other threads.
    That doesn't mean you are actually promoting disrespecting me does it?...

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    What is "just a girl" and what is wrong with that?
    A cis-girl is just a girl and there is nothing wrong with that.

1. That isn't really what that is about.
    It really is.

2. I am generally polite, it does not require this.
    How many trans people can you count among your friends and associates? If the answer is more than zero, please ask them if it is polite to use their birth sex to address them.

3. "Ethnic cleansing" is politically correct, it was called "genocide" prior (cause that IS what it is).
    It is not politically correct. It was a term created to describe the actions of the Yugoslavian army during the Slavic war of the 1990s. It refers to chasing out or "cleansing" an area of a given ethnicity, somewhat distinct from Genocide which has the goal of killing or total elimination of an ethnicity. Mind you, they get used interchangeably to some degree. But it was never coined as a kind of "polite" term for genocide. Nor would it serve to not offend anyone since both acts are considered great crimes against humanity.

I believe at times you have shown me disrespect as well, as evidenced by us having discussed it in other threads.
    That doesn't mean you are actually promoting disrespecting me does it?...
    I show disrespect to people I feel have earned it from me. I always try to start at a position of respect. but when someone takes actions or speaks words that warrant disrespect, I offer it. I see no reason that trans people have earned any disrespect form me, so I try to respect them.
    Feed me some debate pellets!

Post Thanks / Like

I show disrespect to people I feel have earned it from me. I always try to start at a position of respect. but when someone takes actions or speaks words that warrant disrespect, I offer it.
    Here is a significant difference between us.

When a person is an ass to someone and they are an ass back, it seems all that has happened is they have let themselves be lowered to the level of an ass.
    You sound like you anticipate it, and calculate being on that level when the situation presents itself and perhaps even enjoy it.
    Whether this is the case or not, you defend this type of response whenever you deem it worthy.

Now I am surely not saying I haven't done the same thing at times when responding to someone who is being an ass.
    In my case it happens when my emotions override my intellect and I may say something I would not otherwise say. However, this is not something I am proud of, nor would I try to defend it.
    Sometimes after my emotions have subsided, upon reflection, I regret having said something.
    It concerns me when I allow myself to be lowered to such a level, since I aspire to a much higher standard of character.

(This is why emotions need to have as limited role in decision making as possible, because they can and do change all the time.)

With regards to trans-people, I don't believe I have shown, nor sought to promote others to show disrespect in this thread.
    With regards to the Op (which was my only real issue here), clearly "just a boy" (per you) can not have a period.

The last word for this thread is yours...
    Last edited by Belthazor; November 13th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12