Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Infanticide and Late Term Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    I very much doubt any doctor or any court will rule that a post-viability abortion is justified by the mother having a bad day or some kind of anxiety etc...
    Well for one, you tend to be a rational person. Two, no court needs to be involved in New York for late-term abortions and the new law clearly leaves the "reason" open-ended. Anxiety..... mental stress ...? That can certainly pass the cranioclast and mustard until they put more teeth into their law. Maybe they will play it by wait-and-see how many viable babies doctors and/or medical practitioners have to kill because the mother wants to abort due to mental or emotional stress.
    Last edited by eye4magic; March 18th, 2019 at 08:09 PM.
    "The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual.” --"The Mental Universe” | Nature
    [Eye4magic]
    Super Moderator

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Infanticide and Late Term Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by eye4magic View Post
    Well for one, you tend to be a rational person.
    I try.

Two, no court needs to be involved in New York for late-term abortions and the new law clearly leaves the "reason" open-ended.
    No court is involved in most illegal acts. They get involved when someone sees something they think is illegal after the fact. The reason is not open-ended, it is specified in the law and by the supreme court. It is for the health of the mother of the child and the health of the child.

Anxiety..... mental stress ...? That can certainly pass the cranioclast and mustard until they put more teeth into their law. Maybe they will play it by wait-and-see how many viable babies doctors and/or medical practitioners have to kill because the mother wants to abort due to mental or emotional stress.
    And how many people will die because we want to get to work on time? Lots more I wager. But aside from that bit of rhetoric, in life, you have to make balanced decisions. And we trust doctors and individuals to make these decisions because they are closest to the reality of them. Such decisions are usually not clear cut, and almost never easy. You are proposing lawmakers make these decisions for people, I am proposing they make these decisions for themselves. If we find their decisions are wildly inappropriate then the law can step in and judge them.
    Feed me some debate pellets!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3