Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20
    Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The soul does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    1. You said "1. True (unless I had an out of body experience which might convince me of the soul)" so this comment rings a bit hallow...
    2. You didn't have to, your argument does that for you.
    4. To you perhaps, but lets get a more objective definition shall we:
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/immortal
    "1: exempt from death"
    That does not preclude an immortal being from being born, it just means they don't die.
    5. Repeating the same comment does not make it stronger
    1. But again, I think I was using it as a hypothetcial and not as an attempt to support that the soul exists. I would need a link to the post to say for sure. But isn't this irrelevant to the debate at hand? I said that If I said that the soul's existence is supported, I retract it now. So are you just looking for a "gotcha" or something? If not and I've already retracted the claim if I ever said it, there is no reason to continue discussing this.
    2. Nope. Nowhere in my argument did I say that there is no evidence that unicorns exist, which is a major part of my argument regarding the soul.
    4. Regardless, souls are typically defined as always existing. The bible has God saying "I knew you before you were born" so souls are commonly believed t exist before the body. But then this also seems to be an irrelevant point as well. If the soul is created along with the body, so what?
    5. I'm not repeating it to make it stronger. I'm repeating my answer because you keep repeating the question. And the answer was strong enough the first time I said so it doesn't need to be stronger. I've provided an example of how we could determine that the soul does not exist if it doesn't exist.

Actually, it is possible or not independent of human acknowledgement. IOW, just because it hasn't been shown to be impossible at the moment doesn't change the reality of whether it is actually possible or not.
    I didn't say otherwise.

I said that we must consider everything possible until it is shown to be impossible. What happens outside of human judgment on the issue is not relevant.

I can spell it out in a logic chain if you want, but again, this seems to be an irrelevant issue as well. I suggest we limit the discussion to relevant issues only.

I said goes against everyday experience, as in defies our regular experience. We know of nothing else that has the qualities attributed a soul (defying gravity, immortal, etc) and its existence is contrary to known physical law.
    Once again, before we learned of black holes we knew of nothing else like it so that's not a reason to reject it.

And please support that the soul's existence is contrary to known physical law.

Support that there is one accepted scientific theory of how the moon originated. I actually hope you can, because If you can Squatch has some explaining to do for me as he contends vehemently quite the opposite.
    I don't know if there's just one. But there are hypothesis that have evidence to support them.

The giant-impact hypothesis, sometimes called the Big Splash, or the Theia Impact suggests that the Moon formed out of the debris left over from a collision between Earth and an astronomical body the size of Mars, approximately 4.5 billion years ago, in the Hadean eon; about 20 to 100 million years after the Solar System coalesced.[1]

The giant-impact hypothesis is currently the favored scientific hypothesis for the formation of the Moon.[4] Supporting evidence includes:

Earth's spin and the Moon's orbit have similar orientations.[5]
    Moon samples indicate that the Moon's surface was once molten.
    The Moon has a relatively small iron core.
    The Moon has a lower density than Earth.
    There is evidence in other star systems of similar collisions, resulting in debris disks.
    Giant collisions are consistent with the leading theories of the formation of the Solar System.
    The stable-isotope ratios of lunar and terrestrial rock are identical, implying a common origin.
    [6]

So this hypothesis has seven points of support. The Alien hypothesis has apparently no support.

Therefore it's more likely that the moon was not created by Aliens than it was.

Equal (no) evidence of a proposition does not equal the same likely hood and you have not supported that it does.
    Again, progress here is unlikely it seems...
    Here are the two ways we can make progress.

1. You show that my argument is incorrect and then I withdraw it
    2. You don't challenge my argument any further and we move on from there.

If you refuse to do either, then you are the one who is stalling the debate. To move past an opponent's argument, you must defeat it or cease challenging it (which does not mean you concede the issue, btw, you can always just move past it and focus on a different part of my argument and reserve the right to come back and challenge this argument if you think of a good challenge later. Or you may discover it doesn't really matter if this argument stands because you have a better focus in a different part of the debate.

But you can't just say "no" without providing an argument for why it's wrong.

Being able to defy gravity at will would change physics.
    Please support that souls defy gravity.

Big back peddle! You don't have these requirements for the souls existence??

The current evidence is:
    1. no evidence that I am god
    2. no evidence that I am not god

by your argument, each possibility is equally likely (just like unicorns...) since the evidence is equal. A curious position but per you:
    "...If we have equal evidence that X is true and X is not true, what is the logical conclusion on whether X is true or not?"
    "Assuming you chose the obviously correct answer, which is 3, that supports point 1 of my logic chain."
    But there IS evidence that you are not God (assuming you actually aren't).

Definition of evidence:

"the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dict...=1565753337323

And if I hire a private detective to find out if you are God or not, he's going to come back with evidence that you are not God and therefore I will judge that it's more likely you did not create the universe.

If, on the other hand, I don't hire a private detective then I know there's discoverable evidence out there but I don't know what it is and therefore can't say the evidence supports one hypothesis more than the other.

Presenting a scenario where evidence is denied to me is not a good analogy for, while I didn't state it earlier, my argument for 50/50 is based on my current knowledge of what evidence DOES exist for the competing hypothesis for the soul. I'm not saying I don't know what the evidence is (which is what I would say about you being God) but that from what I can tell, No evidence exists that supports either soul hypothesis.

Why/how the hell do you draw the conclusion I am an atheist???
    I have NEVER argued as an atheist. EVER!
    Your position in this debate is atheistic. That's what gave me the impression that you were an atheist. Sorry if I offended you.

You don't require this for souls??

Yes, and I have it for the soul. The issue has been looked into and there is no evidence for the soul.

Given our current positions and most points are just being repeated, unless you have a more compelling reply that needs a response, till we meet again sir,
    the last word is yours
    I guess I do have the last word. And in the future, I'd appreciate it if you would put this kind of response at the top of your post. I go down one point at a time and my responses might be different if I'm aware that it's the last response (or I might decide to not take the time to reply).

But I should say that it was you who kept forwarding the issue of what evidence could exist for the soul not existing, requiring me to repeat my argument so I think you were more responsible for making the debate repetative. And implying that you are leaving because you don't fine my arguments "compelling" enough is poor sportsmanship. Well, maybe I'll quit because I think your arguments suck - just kidding about that but you can see that it's not a classy way to bow out.

I think my arguments are all very solid and if you want to take another stab at rebutting them, feel free.

Or I'll see you elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    Your position in this debate is atheistic. That's what gave me the impression that you were an atheist. Sorry if I offended you.

Don't worry, I wasn't offended. I think you said this once before earlier in the thread and I just found it worthwhile to inquire why you came to this conclusion??

My position in this thread has been that no reasoning nor evidence offered so far is compelling enough to believe a soul exists.

I in NO way have ever argued that a god/gods/deity/creator of some sort/etc does not or can not exist.
    I may argue against a specific religion though, as there is no way to tell which one, if any, is true and the major ones are mutually exclusive.

I guess I do have the last word. And in the future, I'd appreciate it if you would put this kind of response at the top of your post.
    My apologies. My hero Apok, did it this way. I meant no offense. I assure you, I read every response to my posts. If a response seems interesting to me (or anyone else that might read it) and can be productive, I respond back.

Our last posts show a divide I don't think we can overcome in this thread. The way you are looking evidence of a claim seems untenable to me and think I have explained why.
    Your response shows me that I am apparently unable to adequately explain why, because a I don't see a possibility of you moving you on this point though. So it seemed we had come as far as we could at the moment.

I go down one point at a time and my responses might be different if I'm aware that it's the last response (or I might decide to not take the time to reply).
    Really??
    Hmmmmm…….

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

My position in this thread has been that no reasoning nor evidence offered so far is compelling enough to believe a soul exists.
    And I think it should be clear that it's never been my position that there is.

My argument is that there is no evidence for the soul existing so of course I've never offered compelling evidence that the soul does exist. Such evidence would be in direct contradiction of one of the primary premises of my argument.

As I understood the debate:

I am arguing the evidence for and against the soul is equal (as in equally nonexistent) and assuming you taking the opposing position and not arguing that there is evidence for the soul (which you clearly are not), then your contrary position is that there is evidence that the soul does not exist. And I even saw valid attempts to argue that in your last post. For example, you were arguing that souls defy natural laws, such as gravity. While I challenge that argument and believe if we move forward with the debate, your argument wont' hold up, that is definitely a valid counter-position to my argument which would defeat my position if it holds up.

So there was indeed productive debate to be had moving forward and debate that you might win (while I predict you won't succeed, I can't say you definitely won't because I don't know what your response to me would be if you made it).

Likewise you were also taking the tactic of showing that my reasoning for saying it's equally likely that at the soul exists is flawed because it can be used to show that something that common sense says is unlikely to be true (you being God) would be "just as likely" given my argument. And you may have been doing the same with the concept of unicorns.

So I see two potential defeaters of my argument in your last post that were not resolved and therefore could potentially defeat my argument.

Your apparent reason for leaving the debate seems to be based on a false notion - that I was attempting to provide evidence that the soul does exist. I absolutely am not doing that.

Post Thanks / Like

And I think it should be clear that it's never been my position that there is.
    You are taking that out of context. I was referring to you saying my argument was atheistic/or that I was an atheist.

My argument is that there is no evidence for the soul existing so of course I've never offered compelling evidence that the soul does exist. Such evidence would be in direct contradiction of one of the primary premises of my argument.
    Agreed.

I am arguing the evidence for and against the soul is equal (as in equally nonexistent)
    Agreed

So there was indeed productive debate to be had
    Agreed

Likewise you were also taking the tactic of showing that my reasoning for saying it's equally likely that at the soul exists is flawed because it can be used to show that something that common sense says is unlikely to be true (you being God) would be "just as likely" given my argument. And you may have been doing the same with the concept of unicorns.
    Pretty close!
    I think I was more going for:
    if we use your standard for likelihood, the possibility of any proposition without evidence is as likely as not.

This is where we are stuck. There is no evidence that I am god or not. Your answer is to "investigate" (which really doesn't work for god or we would know if one/any actually exists). Now the soul, you needed no "investigation", you just pronounce it equally likely based on current evidence known to you and me.

This is untenable to me and I am not here to insult people, but to listen to ideas that don't agree with mine. Having said that, whether you want to call it compelling/productive/whatever, when the conversation reaches a "point", I will move on rather that keep rehashing a point that I already found unconvincing. Apok did do this and it's the right thing to do.
    Again, I mean no offense (as I am fairly sure he didn't either), and at least you know where I stand (as apposed to most people here that just let a thread drop with no explanation when they leave.

So, as long as we can keep it moving, I will talk with you

ps I am going to be tied up for the next little while it looks like, so I may not be able to post as often as lately, but I still look to see what anyone else posts and I may find the time

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty close!
    I think I was more going for:
    if we use your standard for likelihood, the possibility of any proposition without evidence is as likely as not.

This is where we are stuck. There is no evidence that I am god or not. Your answer is to "investigate" (which really doesn't work for god or we would know if one/any actually exists). Now the soul, you needed no "investigation", you just pronounce it equally likely based on current evidence known to you and me.
    When I say "investigate" I mean "collect all available evidence that will support either side of the question."

So with you, that would mean collecting all available evidence regarding your Godhood which would mean collecting all averrable data on you. If there were done, it's safe to say that the evidence that you are not God would greatly outweigh the evidence that you are God. And until the evidence is collected, it can't be determined what the evidence would support and therefore I can't weigh the relative odds that you are or are not God.

And with the soul, all available scientific evidence regarding its existence HAS ALREADY BEEN COLLECTED and basically none of it shows that the soul does or does not exist so I can posit that the odds are equal.

This is untenable to me and I am not here to insult people, but to listen to ideas that don't agree with mine. Having said that, whether you want to call it compelling/productive/whatever, when the conversation reaches a "point", I will move on rather that keep rehashing a point that I already found unconvincing.
    Considering I never made this particular argument before, you currently have no basis to judge how convincing it is. And besides that, if I make an unconvincing argument, you should be able to point out why it doesn't work which is essentially what debate is. One person makes and argument, the other points out the flaw in that argument, then the other person responds and so on.

If I make a bad argument, you should be able to point out its logical flaw and then I shouldn't be able to make it again because I can't repeat a flawed argument. It's when we are gong "Nuh-uh" and "Yuh-huh" without anyone bothering to back up their position is when we are "stuck". Really, you should only be abandoning arguments if my argument is so good that you can't muster a rebuttal to it, not when it's so bad that you can shoot it down easily. If you can shoot it down, then shoot it down.

ps I am going to be tied up for the next little while it looks like, so I may not be able to post as often as lately, but I still look to see what anyone else posts and I may find the time
    No problem. Get back to me when it's convenient.
    Last edited by mican333; August 18th, 2019 at 09:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

When I say "investigate" I mean "collect all available evidence that will support either side of the question."
    Yet, my point is the same:
    "if we use your standard for likelihood, the possibility of any proposition without evidence is as likely as not."

So with you, that would mean collecting all available evidence regarding your Godhood which would mean collecting all averrable data on you. If there were done, it's safe to say that the evidence that you are not God would greatly outweigh the evidence that you are God. And until the evidence is collected, it can't be determined what the evidence would support and therefore I can't weigh the relative odds that you are or are not God.
    God could easily appear to be totally human if He so chose! Think Jesus.

And with the soul, all available scientific evidence regarding its existence HAS ALREADY BEEN COLLECTED and basically none of it shows that the soul does or does not exist so I can posit that the odds are equal.
    Didn't you claim a bit ago that science had not studied/tested/investigated the souls possible existence? No time to go back and look, maybe I am thinking of some one else anyway?

I am still trying to keep Squatch honest in this thread at t he moment too:
    http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/s...ally-justified

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Yet, my point is the same:
    "if we use your standard for likelihood, the possibility of any proposition without evidence is as likely as not."
    But then going by MY standard of evidence, evidence exists that support that you are a human and not a God and therefore it's more likely that you are not God. And what I mean is that it's a fact that you are a human being. And while I can't present evidence of that fact to this thread, it is something that is discoverable using our current scientific method of discovery. Undiscovered evidence is still evidence. As an example, if there's a crime and fingerprints (evidence) is left, those fingerprints are evidence even before the detective arrives to collect them. Likewise there is currently uncollected evidence that you are human and not God. So going by my standard, there is evidence that you are human - it just hasn't been collected.

And I'm not playing around with the term "evidence". My initial argument is that based on all evidence that I'm aware of the, the odds are 50/50 and I certainly am not basing my conclusion soley on what was presented in ODN debate threads. I'm appealing to a layperson's knowledge of what science has learned regarding the issue which has not supported either side of the issue regarding the soul's existence. And if there is existing evidence that has not been collected yet, then I can’t say that the evidence shows that it’s equally likely as I won’t know what the evidence shows until it’s collected.

But we don't need to get bogged down with this if you don't want to. So I will leave it up to you. Do you want to restrict "evidence" to what has been shown in this thread instead of what I have forwarded as evidence (which would include the fact that you are human as "uncollected evidence" that would support that you are not God)? We can go with your bar of evidence or my bar of evidence. Let me know which you choose.

God could easily appear to be totally human if He so chose! Think Jesus.
    Yeah, but assuming that he did so at this time, the odds of any particular person being God is 1 in 7 billion (approximately the population of the Earth). So even if God walks amongst us, the odds are 1 in 7 billion that it's you.

I suppose I can just that to estimate the odds are slim that you are God.

Didn't you claim a bit ago that science had not studied/tested/investigated the souls possible existence? No time to go back and look, maybe I am thinking of some one else anyway?
    As far as I know, the question has not been specifically studied. But relevant evidence regarding the question has been gathered (such as evidence regarding the nature of consciousness) so evidence regarding its existence has been gathered.
    Last edited by mican333; Yesterday at 02:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

But then going by MY standard of evidence, evidence exists that support that you are a human and not a God and therefore it's more likely that you are not God.
    1. Again: "if we use your standard for likelihood, the possibility of any proposition without evidence is as likely as not.", which is an untenable position.

1a. Again, there is NO reason to believe God could not appear to live as a human. Further, again, God has done this before, Jesus!

And I'm not playing around with the term "evidence". My initial argument is that based on all evidence that I'm aware of the, the odds are 50/50 and I certainly am not basing my conclusion soley on what was presented in ODN debate threads. I'm appealing to a layperson's knowledge of what science has learned regarding the issue which has not supported either side of the issue regarding the soul's existence. And if there is existing evidence that has not been collected yet, then I can’t say that the evidence shows that it’s equally likely as I won’t know what the evidence shows until it’s collected.
    Well, the real issue between us at the moment is when no evidence exists (as in this Op).

Yeah, but assuming that he did so at this time, the odds of any particular person being God is 1 in 7 billion (approximately the population of the Earth). So even if God walks amongst us, the odds are 1 in 7 billion that it's you.

I suppose I can just that to estimate the odds are slim that you are God.
    Perhaps, but there is no evidence either way, so equal likelihood (per your argument).

As far as I know, the question has not been specifically studied. But relevant evidence regarding the question has been gathered (such as evidence regarding the nature of consciousness) so evidence regarding its existence has been gathered.

"the old straddle both sides of the fence defense"...
    (In a Maxwell Smart tone of voice)

Didn't you claim vehemently several times that there is no evidence for or against a soul?

Also, you still have not supported that there could be "evidence of non existence".

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

1. Again: "if we use your standard for likelihood, the possibility of any proposition without evidence is as likely as not.", which is an untenable position.

1a. Again, there is NO reason to believe God could not appear to live as a human. Further, again, God has done this before, Jesus!
    I didn't argue otherwise. But the issue isn't whether God can walk amongst us but whether you are God. I have supported in my last post, that there is evidence that you are not God.

Well, the real issue between us at the moment is when no evidence exists (as in this Op).
    And when no evidence exists, then the evidence is equal for both sides.

But again, there is evidence that you are not God so it's not equally likely that you are or are not God.

Perhaps, but there is no evidence either way, so equal likelihood (per your argument).
    Yes, there is evidence. There is logic that shows that it's likely you are not God.

First off, let's start off with the proposition that God walks amongst us. Since we have no evidence either way, the odds or 50/50.

Now IF God walks amongst us, God is one particular person (like Jesus was one particular person). So what are the odds that you are that one particular person compared to every other person in the world. It's 1 in 7 billion (since there are roughly seven billion people in the world).

So if we combine the odds that God walks with Earth (1 in 2) with the odds that you are God if God walks the Earth (1 in 7 billion), the odds that God walks the Earth AND also happens to be you is 1 in 14 billion.

So odds are great that you are not God.

"the old straddle both sides of the fence defense"...
    (In a Maxwell Smart tone of voice)

Didn't you claim vehemently several times that there is no evidence for or against a soul?
    Correct. And what is a person suppose to do when there is no evidence that X is true and there is no evidence that X is not true. It's either straddle the fence or pick one side based on no evidence.

And what I meant is that relevant evidence for and against the soul has been gathered and there is none that supports that the soul does or does not exist (similar to a detective looking for evidence of a crime and finding none). I guess I could have worded that better.

Also, you still have not supported that there could be "evidence of non existence".
    Yes I have. Multiple times. And I guess I'll have to do it again.

We could discover that consciousness dies with the body when it dies and therefore never leaves the body. If that was discovered, then that would be evidence of the nonexistence of the soul. And that COULD happen so there COULD BE evidence of nonexistence.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't argue otherwise.
    To be clear, since I made two points and you made one response:

are you agreeing that "if we use your standard for likelihood, the possibility of any proposition without evidence is as likely as not."?

But the issue isn't whether God can walk amongst us but whether you are God. I have supported in my last post, that there is evidence that you are not God.
    Actually you tried to support that evidence could be attained/acquired/sought that would show I wasn't god. However since no evidence currently exists that I am or am not god, per you, both propositions are equally likely.

But again, there is evidence that you are not God so it's not equally likely that you are or are not God.
    Again, showing I acted in "human" ways would not be evidence that I was not/could not be god. god is eminently capable of this.
    However, I think you can't see the forest I am pointing out because all of the trees that are in the way, so lets stick with the idea I am trying so hard to convey instead, that per you:

any proposition with no evidence is as likely as not.

Yes, there is evidence. There is logic that shows that it's likely you are not God.

First off, let's start off with the proposition that God walks amongst us. Since we have no evidence either way, the odds or 50/50.
    Yup, per you and the bold above, it is equally likely

Correct. And what is a person suppose to do when there is no evidence that X is true and there is no evidence that X is not true. It's either straddle the fence or pick one side based on no evidence.
    My point was you are again saying there is and isn't evidence.

Yes I have. Multiple times. And I guess I'll have to do it again.
    Absolute nonsense!
    Just saying "evidence could be discovered" does not answer the question in the slightest!!

Let's move past this tree as well and maybe I can show you the forest I am discussing.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/..._Non_Existence
    "Although it may be possible to prove non-existence in special situations, such as showing that a container does not contain certain items, one cannot prove universal or absolute non-existence. The proof of existence must come from those who make the claims."

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

To be clear, since I made two points and you made one response:

are you agreeing that "if we use your standard for likelihood, the possibility of any proposition without evidence is as likely as not."?
    Yes. But let me be clear that this statement also includes the definition of "evidence" that I am using. If we don't go by that particular definition, then I can't agree with the statement.

Actually you tried to support that evidence could be attained/acquired/sought that would show I wasn't god. However since no evidence currently exists that I am or am not god, per you, both propositions are equally likely.
    Incorrect. Evidence that will support whether or not you are God definitely exists. It just hasn't been collected yet. Here is the definition of "evidence" that I am using.

"The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/evidence

The fact that you are a human being (and therefore not God) is an available fact - it's something that can be discovered if someone took effort to seek it out. When I say there is no evidence, I mean that given all of the relevant facts to the issue that people have or can discover, we can't find any facts that support the proposition either way. That standard does apply to the existence of the soul but not to the proposition that you are God.

Let me make the case a bit clearer. If there's a crime scene and the detective looks for evidence, the fingerprint he finds is evidence before he finds it. If it wasn't, then he couldn't go looking for evidence as there would be no evidence prior to him looking for it. Likewise if I hire a private detective to find info on you, there is evidence available for him to find. If it was a fact that there is no evidence that you are human, then I would not bother to hire him since there would be no evidence for him to find.

And again, this is not just playing games with the word "evidence". My belief in the odds of the soul existing is not based on nothing more or less than what has been forwarded in this thread but based on the entirety of scientific evidence as I understand it. I assume you would agree that it's entirely rational for one to base their scientific beliefs on their best understanding of scientific knowledge and not limit it to whatever is said on an ODN thread. If that was not clear earlier, it is hopefully clear now.

But I think this might all be a moot point anyway, since I have supported that it's unlikely that you are God without hiring a hypothetical private detective in my argument below. At least my support stands until you rebut it.

Yup, per you and the bold above, it is equally likely
    You responded to only a portion of my argument. You did not respond to the entire argument and therefore it stands until you do rebut it. I have supported that we can use logic to determine that the odds that you are God is roughly 1 in 14 billion. I will paste my entire argument and bold it. If you do not respond to the entirety of my argument (the part in bold), then you have not offered a valid rebuttal.

Now IF God walks amongst us, God is one particular person (like Jesus was one particular person). So what are the odds that you are that one particular person compared to every other person in the world. It's 1 in 7 billion (since there are roughly seven billion people in the world).

So if we combine the odds that God walks with Earth (1 in 2) with the odds that you are God if God walks the Earth (1 in 7 billion), the odds that God walks the Earth AND also happens to be you is 1 in 14 billion.

So odds are great that you are not God.

My point was you are again saying there is and isn't evidence.
    In regards to the soul, I'm saying there isn't evidence.

Absolute nonsense!
    Just saying "evidence could be discovered" does not answer the question in the slightest!!
    But I didn't just say "evidence could be discovered". I showed a scenario where it could be proven that the soul does not exist. Since the scenario I showed is possible, I have supported that there could be evidence of non-existence which DIRECTLY rebuts your argument.

So I have supported that there could be "evidence of non existence.

Let's move past this tree as well and maybe I can show you the forest I am discussing.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/..._Non_Existence
    "Although it may be possible to prove non-existence in special situations, such as showing that a container does not contain certain items, one cannot prove universal or absolute non-existence. The proof of existence must come from those who make the claims."
    I'm lost to what you are getting at here. I certainly have no burden to prove that the soul exists (my argument is that there is no evidence) so I don't see what this statement has to do with my position.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20