Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24
    Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The soul does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by Belthazor View Post
    Traveling to Earth is a different deal though. Faster than light or extremely long travel would seem necessary for visitors to Earth.

Where did this "some form of intelligence" (that created the soulless life) come from? Who created them?

Your claim is that this "other life" is soulless necessarily. Do you have any support for this?

Why must it/they be soulless?

IOW, if this "form of intelligence" can create life why can it not have a soul?
    First, bear in mind we’re talking hypotheticals here. My point was/is that I think it's an assumption that all humans that ever lived or are living have/had souls which I stated after you made the comment “if every human that ever lived had a soul.” All discussion about this point is hypothetical. I don’t mind discussing hypotheticals, it lets the imagination dance.

What that said

1. Travel to earth from other evolutions may be no big deal for evolutions that may have more knowledge than our current evolution (if they exist).
    2. As far as who created a soulless intelligence (if one does exist); are you familiar with fallen angels?
    3. Why must it be soulless? As I stated earlier, perhaps because souls (spirit) are not for sale.

But now we are back to God created this universe and all in it.
    When you stated this earlier I agreed to: God created this universe.

But my physical brain is not me (per you). My mind is not in/of my brain (per you).
    I’m not sure what you’re talking about here. What (per you)? Please provide some context to what you are referencing.

Are you submitting the human heart is more than a pump, as in an organ of emotion as well?
    From the perspective of the world religion’s sacred text, yes, to God, the heart is much more than a physical self-running pump.
    "The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual.” --"The Mental Universe” | Nature
    [Eye4magic]
    Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eye4magic View Post
    First, bear in mind we’re talking hypotheticals here. My point was/is that I think it's an assumption that all humans that ever lived or are living have/had souls which I stated after you made the comment “if every human that ever lived had a soul.” All discussion about this point is hypothetical. I don’t mind discussing hypotheticals, it lets the imagination dance.
    What that said
    Fair enough, I was just trying to figure out where these soulless humans came from. I have never heard anyone make that claim before...

1. Travel to earth from other evolutions may be no big deal for evolutions that may have more knowledge than our current evolution (if they exist).
    2. As far as who created a soulless intelligence (if one does exist); are you familiar with fallen angels?
    3. Why must it be soulless? As I stated earlier, perhaps because souls (spirit) are not for sale.
    1. "Other evolutions" would still have to traverse unfathomable distances and then be able to replicate humans in appearance and behavior. A pretty tall order...
    2. Since God created angels He must have granted them the power to create life?
    3. They should try Amazon.com

When you stated this earlier I agreed to: God created this universe.
    Then He decided what qualities/powers/abilities of the life He created would enjoy.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about here. What (per you)? Please provide some context to what you are referencing.
    "Per you" means this is your point not necessarily a point I am forwarding.
    IOW, you said the human mind is the soul not the brain. So there is no need for a limitation of the brain interfering with God communicating. He could communicate with the soul instead.

From the perspective of the world religion’s sacred text, yes, to God, the heart is much more than a physical self-running pump.
    1. The heart is a muscle. In concept, little difference from any other muscle in your body. It contracts when electricity is applied to it.
    2. What of those that have had a heart transplant or have severely impaired heart? Are those people then lacking the ability of this emotion?

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, I was just trying to figure out where these soulless humans came from. I have never heard anyone make that claim before...
    No claim made. I simply pointed out that I thought your comment was an assumption.

1. "Other evolutions" would still have to traverse unfathomable distances and then be able to replicate humans in appearance and behavior. A pretty tall order...
    Or, they could possibly incarnate through human birth just like human babies with a soul. Now, that might be an interesting discussion….

2. Since God created angels He must have granted them the power to create life?
    If a fallen angel (FA) eventually lost their soul, disconnected from the Spirit, then whatever form of life they figured out how to create would emulate the state of the FA, a soulless being.

3. They should try Amazon.com
    I don’t think you can warehouse a spirit But if you could, hypothetically, Amazon Prime delivery might become Amazon Insta (for instant delivery) upon order.

Then He decided what qualities/powers/abilities of the life He created would enjoy.
    He decided to give his creation the power to “take dominion over the earth.” That’s an enormous responsibility -- being co-creators. That means that whatever we break, mess up, mis-create, we can either fix, restore, tear down and rebuild, or we can live with the consequences of our choices.

"Per you" means this is your point not necessarily a point I am forwarding.
    IOW, you said the human mind is the soul not the brain. So there is no need for a limitation of the brain interfering with God communicating. He could communicate with the soul instead.
    I’m not sure what point you’re referring to that I made. Perhaps you can cite it.

The heart is a muscle. In concept, little difference from any other muscle in your body. It contracts when electricity is applied to it.
    To God the heart is not just a physical muscle. My point being is that if you’re trying to communicate with God and the number you are using to reach him and leave him a message isn’t working, you might want to consider trying to communicate through your heart. (“God knows your hearts.” (Luke 16:15)
    "The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual.” --"The Mental Universe” | Nature
    [Eye4magic]
    Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

No claim made. I simply pointed out that I thought your comment was an assumption.
    Ok, no worries. Perhaps you are correct.
    My understanding of Christian theology was all humans had a soul and were created by God.

Or, they could possibly incarnate through human birth just like human babies with a soul. Now, that might be an interesting discussion….
    You mean like somehow "project their consciousness from their planet thru space into a human body?

If a fallen angel (FA) eventually lost their soul, disconnected from the Spirit, then whatever form of life they figured out how to create would emulate the state of the FA, a soulless being.
    How can one "loose their soul"? Is that not where consciousness resides? If the angel's soul left its "body", the "body" would just hang out. No thoughts or voluntary movement.

I don’t think you can warehouse a spirit But if you could, hypothetically, Amazon Prime delivery might become Amazon Insta (for instant delivery) upon order.
    They could do it on Star Trek with the transporter! Mind/body/soul all converted to an energy beam. They did have a problem with distance though....

I’m not sure what point you’re referring to that I made. Perhaps you can cite it.
    My understanding of what you are forwarding:

That the mind is not contained in the physical brain.
    The mind = the soul.
    The mind/soul are immaterial.
    The mind/soul are timeless/live forever.
    The mind is partially responsible for the universe as we know it.

To God the heart is not just a physical muscle. My point being is that if you’re trying to communicate with God and the number you are using to reach him and leave him a message isn’t working, you might want to consider trying to communicate through your heart. (“God knows your hearts.” (Luke 16:15)
    Metaphorically I get it, but if you mean the heart somehow can impart human emotion and you can actually communicate thru it, I think would need support.
    I am curious about your thoughts though

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

You mean like somehow "project their consciousness from their planet thru space into a human body?
    Perhaps using a similar method (whatever that method is) that a soul enters a developing fetus. A soulless being then might come from a different frequency domain.

How can one "lose their soul"?
    I suppose if you asked George Lucas that question, he might say one way of losing one’s soul is by choosing to turn to the “dark side.”

I would suspect that it takes a tremendous amount of wrong choices and acts against God and his creation for this to take place.

Is that not where consciousness resides? If the angel's soul left its "body", the "body" would just hang out. No thoughts or voluntary movement.
    I don't think angels have human form, though they can most likely work through the human form. I think it’s possible for consciousness/intelligence to exist without being connected to the spirit (soul). The Spirit provides the divine spark, the fire to existence; the opportunity to experience what some call the most powerful force in the universe: love.

My understanding of what you are forwarding:

That the mind is not contained in the physical brain.
    OK
    The mind = the soul.
    I don’t think I said that, but if you think I did, let me know the post.
    The mind/soul is immaterial.
    OK
    The mind/soul is timeless/live forever.
    I think there is a difference between the human mind and the timeless mind. The human mind seems to end when we reach our physical expiration date.
    The mind is partially responsible for the universe as we know it.
    I’m not sure what that means.

Metaphorically I get it, but if you mean the heart somehow can impart human emotion and you can actually communicate thru it, I think would need support.
    I am curious about your thoughts though
    1. God reads and knows the human heart. Scriptures teach us this.
    2. You don’t have to believe scriptures if you choose not to.
    3. If you want support for this principle, you can choose to experiment and prove it to yourself
    4. You have a heart, feelings and are most likely able to communicate and can express love and sincerity.
    5. Since you have been trying to communicate with God (as you stated earlier) and you've been leaving a message on some sort of answering machine, try to communicate with the Divine your desired thoughts sincerely through your heart for a while and see what happens.
    [Eye4magic]
    Super Moderator

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24