Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 100
  1. #41
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    @ cowboy, lying doesn't mean compromised.

    Other than that. This is all hype till the report is relead which is like 2 weeks away. The media can't wait for a story to happen they have to beat the story to fruition.

    So instead of inserting speculation..let's wait and see.
    I mean it has to be pretty clear in order to substantiate some of the claims of the left . Particularly in charges of a cover up. Which to me ring really hollow knowing that the report is on its way. I expect some spin from both sides.. but there really is no reasonable hope for a complete reversal. Bar isnt contradicting the conclusion of the repor it just isn't very reasonable to go there.
    To serve man.

  2. #42
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    @ cowboy, lying doesn't mean compromised.
    That's exactly what it means. If he is lying that means they have something on him. His lying is being complicit, putting the nation in danger, and therefore a violation of his oath. The proper thing to do would be to resign.

    ---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    So instead of inserting speculation..let's wait and see.
    Ohhhhhh, let's wait and see now. I thought he was completely exonerated, no collusion, no obstruction.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  3. #43
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    That's exactly what it means. If he is lying that means they have something on him. His lying is being complicit, putting the nation in danger, and therefore a violation of his oath. The proper thing to do would be to resign.
    Not really, but o.k.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Ohhhhhh, let's wait and see now. I thought he was completely exonerated, no collusion, no obstruction.
    Right now, he has been completely exonerated. Because the investigation is not inditing him, which it would have done if he were found to have a case against him.
    Now the left want to manufacture a case out of ignorance, and out of those infamous anonymous sources the media like to rely on so much.
    So if the claim is that the Muller report really does indite Trump, even though Muller himself did not. Then the only evidence we are going to get about that claim (more than we already have) is when the report comes out. As it is coming out, we can wait. .. Well. reasonable people anyway, the left are spinning conspiracy theories to push their narrative against the current facts.

    So, yea. Until we get more evidence Trump has been exonerated.
    To serve man.

  4. #44
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Not really, but o.k.
    Really. Even if they don't have anything on him but he thinks they do he is in violation of his oath.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  5. #45
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Really. Even if they don't have anything on him but he thinks they do he is in violation of his oath.
    This is a very strange perception and projection by you. I don't think it reflects reality in any way.
    To serve man.

  6. #46
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    This is a very strange perception and projection by you. I don't think it reflects reality in any way.
    Really? I'm not surprised coming from your side. Cheating, lying, law breaking, oath breaking all ok with you. So what's the religion for? To cover it up?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  7. #47
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    @ none of those things are relevant to what you asserted. Of course name calling means you are out of substance for your position.
    Thanks for the umm.. exchange.
    To serve man.

  8. #48
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    @ none of those things are relevant to what you asserted. Of course name calling means you are out of substance for your position.
    Thanks for the umm.. exchange.
    buh-bye

    Of course making things up (name calling) does nothing for your argument.

    Donald Trump cheats at golf. See my cheating thread. Which, I mean, is just hilarious for anyone who is familiar with the game.

    He lies continuously. He just claimed to have built a piece of the wall he had nothing to do with...amongst many other lies.

    He has broken the law and been sanctioned for it many time. Trump University, Trump Foundation, red-lining his real estate.

    And now, if true, he has broken his oath of office.

    You're fine with all of it. Or is it just when he gets caught or called out? Is that it? Do whatever you can to get ahead and try not to get caught?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  9. #49
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    You're fine with all of it.
    I'm not "fine" with lying That is a silly strawman you are projecting. people shouldn't do it. I don't think Trump is a moral person.
    but.. that isn't really relevant to the thread.
    I just assume that all politicians are lying a bunch of the time. That is why congress has such a low approval rating.
    so calling a politician a lier.. Well I have another headline for you.
    The Titanic hit an ice berg.
    To serve man.

  10. #50
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    I'm not "fine" with lying That is a silly strawman you are projecting. people shouldn't do it. I don't think Trump is a moral person.
    but.. that isn't really relevant to the thread.
    I just assume that all politicians are lying a bunch of the time. That is why congress has such a low approval rating.
    so calling a politician a lier.. Well I have another headline for you.
    The Titanic hit an ice berg.
    Trump isn't a politician, remember? Coupled with Trump's inability to correct himself or provide a mea culpa and the conservative side's protecting him and not calling him on anything...no "you lie" coming.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  11. #51
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Trump isn't a politician, remember?
    Well, not before he ran for president. I think the word politician applies to him too though. Though I don't yet consider him a "career politician".

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Coupled with Trump's inability to correct himself or provide a mea culpa and the conservative side's protecting him and not calling him on anything.
    I don't think that is true at all. "Good Trump/Bad Trump" is a thing.
    maybe if you just watch fox news or something.

    But again, it is pretty well established that Trump is not a Moral person. So.. I am not sure what all the whining is about. That is calling him out, and it is a whole lot more than any criticism Obama or Hillary got from their own side.
    To serve man.

  12. #52
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    I don't think that is true at all. "Good Trump/Bad Trump" is a thing.
    maybe if you just watch fox news or something.
    I don't have cable so forgive me for not believing you. Let me guess, he's criticized for not getting the wall built. I do listen to talk radio - a bastion of conservatism - and all I hear is support and apologies for him.

    ---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    But again, it is pretty well established that Trump is not a Moral person. So.. I am not sure what all the whining is about. That is calling him out, and it is a whole lot more than any criticism Obama or Hillary got from their own side.
    I'm trying to think of a comparable example with either Obama or Hillary. Maybe you can help me with one.

    (Funny that you have to have two - one that wasn't elected - to compare to Trump)
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  13. #53
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    I don't have cable so forgive me for not believing you. Let me guess, he's criticized for not getting the wall built. I do listen to talk radio - a bastion of conservatism - and all I hear is support and apologies for him.
    Well, first he is criticized for all the stupid things he says. Every rally I have head about has been broken up into good trump/bad trump sections. The trade stuff ends up being bad trump often. So that is a policy thing that he gets called out on. Of course there is all the stupid stuff he says.(I say this twice..because he does it all.... the..... tiiiiimmmme) Like he generally not a very wise political manager of events. He often would be served by just staying quiet as democrats light themselves on fire.. but Trump tends to say stuff that takes the focus off of that, and the media is more than willing to focus on anything but a negative for dems.

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    I'm trying to think of a comparable example with either Obama or Hillary. Maybe you can help me with one.

    (Funny that you have to have two - one that wasn't elected - to compare to Trump)
    Well the fact that I hear anything bad about trump at all, is directly comparable to Obama years when there simply wasn't a bad thing to be said in 8 years. Now I know Obama didn't regularly put his foot in his mouth, but he did sometimes.
    As for Hillary, she was elected to governmental offices before, and she has been a long standing politician. So, your sense of humor seems nonfactual.
    To serve man.

  14. #54
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Well, first he is criticized for all the stupid things he says.
    This goes on on Fox news?

    ---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    Well the fact that I hear anything bad about trump at all, is directly comparable to Obama years when there simply wasn't a bad thing to be said in 8 years. Now I know Obama didn't regularly put his foot in his mouth, but he did sometimes.
    Again, on Fox News? They did endless stories about his tan suit and spicy mustard.

    ---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    As for Hillary, she was elected to governmental offices before, and she has been a long standing politician. So, your sense of humor seems nonfactual.
    She was elected once and was an appotintee of Obama's. But the point is still valid, you need two...and can't even point out any lies at that. None that weren't easily explained or walked back, anyways.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  15. #55
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    @ cowboy.. I don't know I don't watch fox. I don't have cable either. So radio, podcasts, or just news feeds on the internet. Other than that I have to Search for the stories i want to research. I am just talking about people on the right.. which doesnt end at fox news. (Just an fyi)


    As to the two examples.. I don't understand your objection. Both were treated with kid gloves by the media and those on the left. Trump at least gets push back and criticizm from his own side. There is nothing comparable in the media doesn't the left that I am aware of.

    I mean take late night t.v. when Obama was president they lost their ability to make jokes out of politics involving the president. Now that it is trump, every thing g is commedy gold. And I get that trump is more suseptable to it... But it is more than obvious they are approached different. I mean it was the same with bush vs Obama treatment. It paints everything the left does.

    So even the most mild form of criticizm.. which is comedy, is heavily slanted to the lefts favor.
    To serve man.

  16. #56
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    @ cowboy.. I don't know I don't watch fox. I don't have cable either. So radio, podcasts, or just news feeds on the internet. Other than that I have to Search for the stories i want to research. I am just talking about people on the right.. which doesnt end at fox news. (Just an fyi)


    As to the two examples.. I don't understand your objection. Both were treated with kid gloves by the media and those on the left. Trump at least gets push back and criticizm from his own side. There is nothing comparable in the media doesn't the left that I am aware of.

    I mean take late night t.v. when Obama was president they lost their ability to make jokes out of politics involving the president. Now that it is trump, every thing g is commedy gold. And I get that trump is more suseptable to it... But it is more than obvious they are approached different. I mean it was the same with bush vs Obama treatment. It paints everything the left does.

    So even the most mild form of criticizm.. which is comedy, is heavily slanted to the lefts favor.
    Oh, please, there's an entire conservative media establishment. Radio is nothing but conservative talk and he has been given a complete pass on things that would have a democrat tarred and feather for weeks on end on their channels.

    So again, what was there to criticize Obama for where he wasn't?
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  17. #57
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    I haven't really listened to the big 3 conservative radio hosts in a while. I would grant that they probably don't go after trump. But they are not all of the alternative media.

    I already gave you an example about Obama, and not a controversial one.
    To serve man.

  18. #58
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    I already gave you an example about Obama, and not a controversial one.

    SNL poked plenty of fun at Bill Clinton and Obama got his too. That conservative comedians are lame doesn't lend any credence to your argument. That Trump is a goof and an easy target doesn't support your argument either. Schultz, another supposed business genius, is proving just how hapless and hopeless supposed business leaders really are and how it really just falls down to dumb luck IMO. "You didn't build that"...you sure didn't, or anything else for that matter.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  19. #59
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Snl does a good job of casting the candites. The type of skits they do are certainly different. Obamas character geney gave the zingers not received them. I haven't watched the trump version, but I love boldwin and think he is funny.
    Yet that isnt what I brought up, I pointed to late night.

    As an actual builder, I have no idea what your talking about in regards to " you did t build that". It's really commimical in it's inaccuracy.
    To serve man.

  20. #60
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Yet that isnt what I brought up, I pointed to late night.
    True, but you also brought up comedy in general. And without any support your argument has failed to show Obama being treated any differently OR that it is because he is a democrat. Could be a racial thing.

    ---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post

    As an actual builder, I have no idea what your talking about in regards to " you did t build that". It's really commimical in it's inaccuracy.
    In regards to Schultz and Trump? Not.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "21 Questions For Donald Trump"
    By CowboyX in forum Politics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: November 15th, 2016, 08:52 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 26th, 2012, 07:52 PM
  3. Donald Trump for President ?
    By Vandaler in forum Politics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: April 18th, 2011, 06:39 PM
  4. Donald Rumsfeld: "I'm Not Santa Claus"
    By manise in forum Current Events
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: September 1st, 2006, 01:54 PM
  5. Donald Rumsfeld, caught in his own web of lies!
    By ZealousDemon in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 18th, 2004, 01:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •