Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 273

Thread: Gay Reparations

  1. #161
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    10,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    Maybe in a biological setting. Maybe.
    Either way, you have not supported that homophobia is not natural.

  2. #162
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    @cowboy.. What are you talking about?
    How does that relate to my point?
    Serogates? What foes that have to do with a very clear bias against homosexuality as a fundemental driving force of creating societies?

    Do you think serogates anf that social relationship was created to meet the needs of homosexuals? And wven if it was.. So what?
    To serve man.

  3. #163
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    Either way, you have not supported that homophobia is not natural.
    Wasn't that your argument to make? I think it was. That it is natural.

    ---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    @cowboy.. What are you talking about?
    How does that relate to my point?
    Serogates? What foes that have to do with a very clear bias against homosexuality as a fundemental driving force of creating societies?

    Do you think serogates anf that social relationship was created to meet the needs of homosexuals? And wven if it was.. So what?
    Not just homosexuals. Again, read your Bible. We're talking about a society's need to reproduce, right? How they go about that and what happens when things don't work (not that a bunch of ignorant primitives new the technical details).
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  4. #164
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    I dont understand your point. What does the bible have to do with my point? I didnt appeal to it to establish it.

    We are talking not about a societial established need tobreproduce but an evolutionary bias towards reproduction.

    Society is influenced by that force it doesnt create that force.
    To serve man.

  5. #165
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    I dont understand your point. What does the bible have to do with my point? I didnt appeal to it to establish it.

    We are talking not about a societial established need tobreproduce but an evolutionary bias towards reproduction.

    Society is influenced by that force it doesnt create that force.
    Ok, describe that bias.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  6. #166
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    10,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    Wasn't that your argument to make? I think it was. That it is natural.
    Nope. You were arguing that homophobia is a societal construct because it's not natural.

    Please do a better job of keeping track of your arguments. You should not have to be reminded of why a particular issue is relevant to the debate.
    Last edited by mican333; August 17th, 2019 at 06:07 AM.

  7. #167
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Ok, describe that bias.
    Look back to post 152.
    The entire sexuality bias. Think psychology and Sigmund Freud the fundamental effects sexuality has on humanity.
    The effect on society can not be understated I think, and it has a clear bias against homosexuality. In that, it is a force that is selecting heterosexual relationships over homosexual ones.
    To serve man.

  8. #168
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    Nope. You were arguing that homophobia is a societal construct because it's not natural.

    Please do a better job of keeping track of your arguments. You should not have to be reminded of why a particular issue is relevant to the debate.
    Ok, right, and you made the equivocation error comparing a societal construct to a disease which is a biological one.

    ---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Look back to post 152.
    The entire sexuality bias. Think psychology and Sigmund Freud the fundamental effects sexuality has on humanity.
    The effect on society can not be understated I think, and it has a clear bias against homosexuality. In that, it is a force that is selecting heterosexual relationships over homosexual ones.
    2 sexuality of most people are inherently biases agains homosexuality and all other sexualities in favor of hetrosexxuality
    I assume you're talking about the same "inherant sexualities" across all cultures so how do you explain the differences in homophobia? Extreme in some case to the exact opposite in others.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  9. #169
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    10,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    Ok, right, and you made the equivocation error comparing a societal construct to a disease which is a biological one.
    No I didn't. It's your misreading of my argument that lead you to that conclusion. Just like you erred on who had the burden of proof regarding whether it's natural or not.

  10. #170
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    @ cowboy... Why do i have to explain them that doesnt seem to be a problem or falsifier of the fairly obvious truth of my point.
    Which is societies dont form in a vacume and inhave identified a very basic influencer on societies that is inherently biased agaunts homosexuity.
    To serve man.

  11. #171
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    No I didn't. It's your misreading of my argument that lead you to that conclusion. Just like you erred on who had the burden of proof regarding whether it's natural or not.
    There's nothing to misread. You compared a societal construct with a biological mechanism, that is a false equivalence. They are not the same.

    ---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    @ cowboy... Why do i have to explain them that doesnt seem to be a problem or falsifier of the fairly obvious truth of my point.
    Which is societies dont form in a vacume and inhave identified a very basic influencer on societies that is inherently biased agaunts homosexuity.
    Ok, I'm not sure what we do with that then. Thank you for participating.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  12. #172
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Ok, I'm not sure what we do with that then. Thank you for participating.
    Think about it...
    Your welcome. It was ...something, as always.
    To serve man.

  13. #173
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    10,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    There's nothing to misread. You compared a societal construct with a biological mechanism
    SUPPORT OR RETRACT that claim. Please provide the specific argument where I allegedly did that. Do not repeat that claim until you've supported it.
    Last edited by mican333; August 18th, 2019 at 08:36 AM.

  14. #174
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    Which is utterly irrelevant to my argument. I supported that things that aren't necessary can be natural. Therefore the argument that homophobia is not natural because it's not necessary is not correct.
    This was the latest instance, post 153. The "things that aren't necessary" you gave an example of as a disease which is biological construct. You then compared that to homophobia (a social construct which I have already supported) by claiming they have the same characteristic of being natural.

    ---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Think about it...
    Your welcome. It was ...something, as always.
    I am but I'd much rather talk to you about it.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  15. #175
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    10,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    This was the latest instance, post 153. The "things that aren't necessary" you gave an example of as a disease which is biological construct. You then compared that to homophobia (a social construct which I have already supported) by claiming they have the same characteristic of being natural.
    I asked you provide the argument, not refer to it with your interpretation (in this case, misinterpretation) of it. So I'll provide it myself. Here's the content of post 153.

    "I supported that things that aren't necessary can be natural. Therefore the argument that homophobia is not natural because it's not necessary is not correct."

    Nowhere in there is there a claim that homophobia is natural. My claim is that you have not supported that it's not natural. I myself made no claim that homophobia is natural or not.

    So as I said, you misinterpreted my argument.

    And since you’ve not supported that homophobia is not natural, you have not supported that it is a societal construct.
    Last edited by mican333; August 18th, 2019 at 11:09 AM.

  16. #176
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    I am but I'd much rather talk to you about it.
    Sure
    Question
    Do you think societies are liable for the products of evolution?
    Such as, societies are responsible that attractive people are generally preferred over unattractive people?
    To serve man.

  17. #177
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by MindTrap028 View Post
    Sure
    Question
    Do you think societies are liable for the products of evolution?
    Such as, societies are responsible that attractive people are generally preferred over unattractive people?
    Societies choose what they find attractive.

    ---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    I myself made no claim that homophobia is natural or not.
    Then how can you compare it to something that is natural? That is a category error.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  18. #178
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    10,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    Then how can you compare it to something that is natural? That is a category error.
    No, it's yet another misunderstanding of my argument.

    Show me the argument that I made that compared homophobia to something natural. And this time, copy and paste the actual text of my argument that does this. Telling me your interpretation of what I said will likely just be another misrepresentation.

  19. #179
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by mican333 View Post
    Show me the argument that I made that compared homophobia to something natural.
    You compared it with a disease. If you aren't comparing it that your argument is irrelevant.
    "Real Boys Kiss Boys" -M.L.

  20. #180
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    10,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gay Reparations

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyX View Post
    You compared it with a disease. If you aren't comparing it that your argument is irrelevant.
    Incorrect on both counts.

    AND AGAIN, Show me the argument that I made that compared homophobia to something natural. And this time, copy and paste the actual text of my argument that you think does this. Telling me your interpretation of what I said will likely just be another misrepresentation.

 

 
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Reparations In An Obama Presidency.
    By onalandline in forum Social Issues
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: November 17th, 2008, 11:22 PM
  2. Reparations!
    By wanxtrmBANNED in forum History
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2007, 08:30 AM
  3. UK sued for 'reparations'.
    By FruitandNut in forum Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 4th, 2006, 01:30 PM
  4. Slavery reparations? Give me a break.
    By KevinBrowning in forum Politics
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: August 27th, 2004, 05:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •