Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Sen. Schumer - "'WE ARE GOING TO WAR' over Supreme Court

Senate Judiciary Committee member Chuck Schumer got busy plotting away on the cellphone aboard a Washington, DC-New York Amtrak -- plotting Democrat strategy for the upcoming Supreme Court battle.

Schumer promised a fight over whoever the President’s nominee was: “It's not about an individual judge… It's about how it affects the overall makeup of the court.”

The chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee was overheard on a long cellphone conversation with an unknown political ally, and the DRUDGE REPORT was there!

Schumer proudly declared: “We are contemplating how we are going to go to war over this.”

Schumer went on to say how hard it was to predict how a Supreme Court justice would turn out: “Even William Rehnquist is more moderate than they expected. The only ones that resulted how they predicted were [Antonin] Scalia and [Ruth Bader] Ginsburg. So most of the time they've gotten their picks wrong, and that's what we want to do to them again.”

Schumer later went on to mock the “Gang of 14” judicial filibuster deal and said it wasn’t relevant in the Supreme Court debate.

“A Priscilla Owen or Janice Rogers Brown style appointment may not have been extraordinary to the appellate court but may be extraordinary to the Supreme Court.”

By the time the train hit New Jersey, Schumer shifted gears and called his friend and “Gang of 14” member, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham.

The two talked in a very friendly manner about doing an event sometime this week together.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3sca.htm

Ludicrous.

Democrats have bad standards for judicial nominees. Not only that, they have unfair standards; a far-left candidate would not face as much opposition as a far-right candidate. The fact that political beliefs are even in question is absurd, unless the nominee is incapable of rendering an impartial decision.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sen. Schumer - "'WE ARE GOING TO WAR' over Supreme Court

Dude, even Voinavich thought the Bolton nomination was full of it. I'm telling you: it's going to by former LA police chief Daryl Gates.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric
    Dude, even Voinavich thought the Bolton nomination was full of it.
    Voinovich is squishy. That's why you like him. Bolton's nomination is good, and there are no good objections to it. But that's all beside the point, so please either defend the Left's b.s. requirements for judicial nominees, attack it, or shut up.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CliveStaples
    That's why you like him [Voinavich].
    THOSE are fighting words.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric
    THOSE are fighting words.
    "But that's all beside the point, so please either defend the Left's b.s. requirements for judicial nominees, attack it, or shut up." - CliveStaples

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Any Liberal willing to defend their party's bulls**t?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Guess not.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to war over the Supreme Court, eh. Maybe they should be focusing on, you know, the actual war we're in right now against terrorism. A little more important than their war against traditional values, I think.

Need to validate email

Life by the drop. I've come to understand just what that means.
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Liberal willing to defend their party's bulls**t?
    I am a social liberal but tend to be more conservative fiscally. However I do not belong to a party since I consider myself an independent.

All I can see is that Bush will have a hard time getting a conservative passed. I believe he needs to fill the seat with a moderate, perhaps even another woman.................:O)
    When the power of love becomes stronger than the love of power, there will be peace..........jimi hendrix.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Why a moderate? I see no reason for putting in a moderate over a conservative....in fact with the activism of the courts that we have seen, Judges legislating from the bench, what we need is a conservative STRICT CONSTITUTIONALIST.
    I typically cite original research papers and reviews that are available only to a personal or institutional subscriptional. If you wish a PDF copy of the papers I cite, send me a request.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Bush will have a hard time getting a Conservative through because liberals don't care about justice--they just want to stop judges who have Conservative beliefs from being on the bench, regardless of qualification.