Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thongs

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Thongs

Yeah.

Despite the obvious popularity of thongs, I have a few questions for girls in particular. If a guy answers, I'm going to neg you (hehe, but seriously..)

It's funny, I was talking to a girl about them, and basically what she said is that ALL teenage girls MUST have a thong to be a teen. Now, we all know you don't HAVE to, but to be generally accepted as a "cool" teen, you have to have a thong. I know mothers that wear them, but I honestly don't see how they are actually good for the public, especially young girls that don't know **** about sex.

Is something wrong? I tend to think so, especially when I think that girls that haven't gone through puberty(sp) have thongs... and why? Why is this so? If a girl wears a regular underwear, they are considered to be grannies, how so? Besides the "purpose" of having no panty linings on your pants, what the hell is it good for except to use it for sexual purposes?

Hey, don't get me wrong, if a hot girl has a thong and likes the world to see it, then SK is still a happy man. But I don't understand why girls seem to have this stupid misconception that if they don't have a thong, that guys won't like them, or they aren't girls. WTF? Where the hell did this mentality come from?

To ME. I love it when a girl doesn't follow the typical flow of society, a girl of mystery, and someone that doesn't reveal much about herself (physically and otherwise). And out of curiousity, how many of you chicks wear thongs? How many of you think every girl should have one? and if yes, then why?
    "With His dying breath... He saved me, with His wounds... He healed me, with His life... He died for me, although I never met Him, He remembered... me."

+++=][ShadowKnight][=+++

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thongs

I still don't see the difference between a thong and a g-string?

OK, there maybe a slight difference. The vibrating g-string looks the best.

P.S. What does the "g" in g-string stand for? GOAL!
    Last edited by Apokalupsis; August 12th, 2005 at 09:07 AM. Reason: no pics or linkage please.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, let's not post any pics nor any links to pics of women's panties in this thread. The recent rise in discussions concerning sexuality lately is getting dull. It's out of place for ODN. Discuss this big controversy if you must...but no photos or links please.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I think fashion changes over the years. It used to be the only option was granny panties. The fact is, we girls just don't need that much coverage. Then it was the brief, then the bikini and again...we just don't need that much coverage. The thong affords us the opportunity to wear jeans and pants and not have the cumbersome pantyline that is often very uncomfortable in appearance and in feel.

I don't think it's "nerdy" not to wear a thong, but I think for most women, it is about comfort. I don't think thongs are a sexual statement, unless you're into making sure all the men can see your thong coming out of the top of your jeans. Most people think that is tacky and according to my husband, older women should never ever show their thong above their jeans because it just makes them look desperate for their youth.
    Souls of the animal kingdom: eagle, fox, bottle-nose dolphin, octopus, house cat. Okay, let's jump this jump. -- Rod Kimble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKnight
    Yeah.

Despite the obvious popularity of thongs, I have a few questions for girls in particular. If a guy answers, I'm going to neg you (hehe, but seriously..)

It's funny, I was talking to a girl about them, and basically what she said is that ALL teenage girls MUST have a thong to be a teen. Now, we all know you don't HAVE to, but to be generally accepted as a "cool" teen, you have to have a thong. I know mothers that wear them, but I honestly don't see how they are actually good for the public, especially young girls that don't know **** about sex.

Is something wrong? I tend to think so, especially when I think that girls that haven't gone through puberty(sp) have thongs... and why? Why is this so? If a girl wears a regular underwear, they are considered to be grannies, how so? Besides the "purpose" of having no panty linings on your pants, what the hell is it good for except to use it for sexual purposes?

Hey, don't get me wrong, if a hot girl has a thong and likes the world to see it, then SK is still a happy man. But I don't understand why girls seem to have this stupid misconception that if they don't have a thong, that guys won't like them, or they aren't girls. WTF? Where the hell did this mentality come from?

To ME. I love it when a girl doesn't follow the typical flow of society, a girl of mystery, and someone that doesn't reveal much about herself (physically and otherwise). And out of curiousity, how many of you chicks wear thongs? How many of you think every girl should have one? and if yes, then why?
    Do you ONLY wear tightie-whities? If not, why?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zhavric

Are you accusing SK of wearing a speedo?
    -=]sbgtfJC[=-
    Just some guy

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Panty lines aren't my thing, and for most other girls it isn't their thing either. I agree it is tacky to show your underwear. I mean really you either a) have your thong shoved up your ass for it to be seen or b) your pants are so low you need a brazilian wax to wear them, and you haven't heard of the low riding thongs, in which case please invest in a few pairs.

I don't think every girl should wear a thong, it is up to the individual, but I can't help but snicker if I happen to see a panty line through a pair of pants. I know it is bad, but really, please do something about that. They have seamless underwear that comes in brief, and bikini styled underwear if thongs aren't your thing.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." ~Bertrand Russell

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I think SK's point, and the one I haven't heard addressed, is whether it is appropriate for teenage girls. Grown women wearing them as a matter of sex appeal is certainly within the bounds of acceptable adult behavior. Is adult behavior now blurred inexplicably with children's behavior?

As an aside point, a woman with a nice body, wearing her jeans low enough to show off the top of her thong, is quite sexy. When chicks with flat asses and large amounts of back fat do it... well that is just obscene.
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I think SK's point, and the one I haven't heard addressed, is whether it is appropriate for teenage girls. Grown women wearing them as a matter of sex appeal is certainly within the bounds of acceptable adult behavior. Is adult behavior now blurred inexplicably with children's behavior?
    I think thongs are OK for teenage girls, I see no difference between thongs, bikini, and brief styled undergarments. Now if a teen or adult is parading around (intentionally, sometimes pants shimmy down, I understand that) with their underwear hanging out of their pants I find that just as tacky and classless (the way they are wearing their clothing, not as a person do I find them classless and tacky) as men who wear their pants so low you can see their boxers.

I would allow my daughter to wear thongs, but if I saw her intentionally showing them I would have a discussion w/ her on what is appropriate and what isn't appropriate. To me presentation is everything. I do find it more acceptable to have sexy attire in appropriate places, like a club, or bar. I still find most of it tacky because most women can't figure out the difference between sexy and slutty. But when you are shopping at the gap or walking down the street, please show some discretion.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." ~Bertrand Russell

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I mostly agree with you on this Jamie. If a teen girl is wearing her underwear discretely, it shouldn't matter what she is wearing. It is when it is worn for show and tell that I fail to understand why parents would allow their kids to be wearing such items.
    The U.S. is currently enduring a zombie apocalypse. However, in a strange twist, the zombie's are starving.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLady
    I think fashion changes over the years. It used to be the only option was granny panties. The fact is, we girls just don't need that much coverage. Then it was the brief, then the bikini and again...we just don't need that much coverage. The thong affords us the opportunity to wear jeans and pants and not have the cumbersome pantyline that is often very uncomfortable in appearance and in feel.

I don't think it's "nerdy" not to wear a thong, but I think for most women, it is about comfort. I don't think thongs are a sexual statement, unless you're into making sure all the men can see your thong coming out of the top of your jeans. Most people think that is tacky and according to my husband, older women should never ever show their thong above their jeans because it just makes them look desperate for their youth.
    I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you here. Coming out of highschool and attending college, it's all about a statement. It's all about the looks, comfort may be the case for the rare girl, but it's not that anymore, even if that was the original initiation of thongs. Girls don't have thongs because it's comfortable, it's the equivilent to saying that girls wear REALLY short skirts because it's comfortable, which is simply not true!

Hell, I can go RIGHT now to downtown or our local theaters, here at 11 p.m, and find girls under the age of 15 walking around with extemely short skirts, and most likely... thongs. Why?

It's all about the look, if you can attract the most guys, but if you DON'T have a thong, basically a person is considered the oddball. I will tell you true, I know one girl that doesn't wear thongs, and basically, all her friends freaked out and could not believe it. To me.. that really surprises me, that we have a standard as low as that.

Garh, you totally missed my point you whore!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime
    I think thongs are OK for teenage girls, I see no difference between thongs, bikini, and brief styled undergarments. Now if a teen or adult is parading around (intentionally, sometimes pants shimmy down, I understand that) with their underwear hanging out of their pants I find that just as tacky and classless (the way they are wearing their clothing, not as a person do I find them classless and tacky) as men who wear their pants so low you can see their boxers.

I would allow my daughter to wear thongs, but if I saw her intentionally showing them I would have a discussion w/ her on what is appropriate and what isn't appropriate. To me presentation is everything. I do find it more acceptable to have sexy attire in appropriate places, like a club, or bar. I still find most of it tacky because most women can't figure out the difference between sexy and slutty. But when you are shopping at the gap or walking down the street, please show some discretion.
    Ahh. I think I can generally agree to this. But what I find disturbing is that the girls' conception of attraction is based a lot on being showy. That a guy off the street can enjoy a good look on a girl, because it really is provoking, at least it is here. And when I can turn anywhere in a mall and spot young girls doing this, I can't help but feel angry. These are freaking kids for crying out loud, they are taught that it's okay for a guy to just look on them, that's it's completely natural. A lot of this is tied to how they dress, whether it be intentional or not is irrelevant, it's still is very provoking.

Now, we have a ridiculous standard, that for every girl to fit in, they have to be as showy as possible. It's disgusting. Now, are all girls like this? Perhaps not, but I know a great number that are like this, go to your local mall, go see for yourself.
    "With His dying breath... He saved me, with His wounds... He healed me, with His life... He died for me, although I never met Him, He remembered... me."

+++=][ShadowKnight][=+++

Post Thanks / Like

I'll often be seen wearing thongs about the house.

No free man shall be seized or imprisoned, or stripped of his rights or possessions, or outlawed or exiled, or deprived of his standing in any other way, nor will we proceed with force against him, or send others to do so, except by the lawful judgement of his equals or by the law of the land.
    - The Magna Carta, 1225

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Thongs were invented to up the sales of salves and soothing cream.

The Marquis de Sade was commissioned to design a suitable contraption by ICI and Glaxo pharmaceuticals - it doubles as an effective 'man trap'.
    Last edited by FruitandNut; August 13th, 2005 at 07:05 AM.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anais Nin.
    Emitte lucem et veritatem - Send out light and truth.
    'Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt' - Julius Caesar (rough translation, 'Men will think what they want to think')
    Kill my boss? Do I dare live out the American dream? - Homer Simpson.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh. I think I can generally agree to this. But what I find disturbing is that the girls' conception of attraction is based a lot on being showy. That a guy off the street can enjoy a good look on a girl, because it really is provoking, at least it is here. And when I can turn anywhere in a mall and spot young girls doing this, I can't help but feel angry. These are freaking kids for crying out loud, they are taught that it's okay for a guy to just look on them, that's it's completely natural. A lot of this is tied to how they dress, whether it be intentional or not is irrelevant, it's still is very provoking.

Now, we have a ridiculous standard, that for every girl to fit in, they have to be as showy as possible. It's disgusting. Now, are all girls like this? Perhaps not, but I know a great number that are like this, go to your local mall, go see for yourself.
    Yeah but even you admit when you see it you think it looks good. Now it might be dependent upon age on what you consider to be sexy, but as long as men like you state that it looks good and is sexy, women are going to do it. I'm not saying it is your fault but you certainly contribute to the problem. If you were saying it is tacky and classless women wouldn't be doing it.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    Yeah but even you admit when you see it you think it looks good. Now it might be dependent upon age on what you consider to be sexy, but as long as men like you state that it looks good and is sexy, women are going to do it. I'm not saying it is your fault but you certainly contribute to the problem. If you were saying it is tacky and classless women wouldn't be doing it.
    I didn't exactly say I think it looks good, because I find that most people that show off their stuff, I'm usually disgusted how a girl can be soooo STUPID.

I found something very interesting the other day on MTV, happened to be flipping the channels, and I came across a show. I don't remember what it's called, but this guy had to pick between three different girls to be his date. Well, he had unlimited access to every girls room, and he always went into the panty drawers. All three girls had thongs, but one in particular had more regular panties than thongs, and you know what he said? He said he wouldn't pick that girl because she is most likely one of those timid, shy girls that is a goodie goodie.

Another thing to consider, if there is clothing that requires to have a thong, than most likely, it is something that isn't very "conservative." I don't see the need to show so much. But, I totally agree with you. The biggest reason girls get this, is mostly because of the response and attention they get from guys. All i'm trying to point out, is that people are creating a standard of lowness (imo), and that if a girl really wants to impress a guy, they have to base it on exposure. And little girls are practically being taught this. It's no WONDER why some many young girls are getting pregnant.

+++=][ShadowKnight][=+++

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

SK - When it comes to 'fashion' the LCD is usually the name of the game these days.

Over here in the UK we have more girl's showing 'builders' bum'/builders' butt these days than you will ever see on building sites. To have a peek at what an under-weight (and sometimes even over-weight) sumo wrestler looks like from close up rear, does not do much to the libido even knowing they are female! - Worryingly.
    'Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt' - Julius Caesar (rough translation, 'Men will think what they want to think')

I've been given a "timeout"
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FruitandNut
    SK - When it comes to 'fashion' the LCD is usually the name of the game these days.

Over here in the UK we have more girl's showing 'builders' bum'/builders' butt these days than you will ever see on building sites. To have a peek at what an under-weight (and sometimes even over-weight) sumo wrestler looks like from close up rear, does not do much to the libido even knowing they are female! - Worryingly.
    Oh Yeah !!!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

yeah!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKnight
    Garh, you totally missed my point you whore!
    No. I got your point. You missed mine.

The point is do you always wear tightie-whities? Did you wear them when you were a teen-ager? Were there some nights that you went out that you wore boxer-shorts / no underware / a special pare of boxers / etc.? Why did you do that? Search your feelings on the subject and you will have your answer.

Clothes make the man... but that also goes for gals... and please don't tell me you're in any way shocked at the notion of teen-age girls wanting to conform to one another or succumb to peer preasure.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

No. I got your point. You missed mine.

The point is do you always wear tightie-whities? Did you wear them when you were a teen-ager? Were there some nights that you went out that you wore boxer-shorts / no underware / a special pare of boxers / etc.? Why did you do that? Search your feelings on the subject and you will have your answer.

Clothes make the man... but that also goes for gals... and please don't tell me you're in any way shocked at the notion of teen-age girls wanting to conform to one another or succumb to peer preasure.
    No, you missed my point completely. This has to do with intention. Tightie-whities nor boxers are in any way provoking sexually, nor does it have much exposure sexually. I think that thongs were made PERHAPS for comfort, but are now being used today for the wrong reasons. I see a big difference between a little boy wearing tightie-whities and a little girl that wears a thong because that's what it takes for a guy to recognize them. And it is a BIG deal now, wear girls ACTUALLY THINK that they need it to fit in, which is ridiculous. Do you think girls REALLY wear thongs because it's comfortable? I don't think so, for reasons above that I posted.

+++=][ShadowKnight][=+++

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast