Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

Donald Rumsfeld, caught in his own web of lies!

~Zealous

Post Thanks / Like
    We all knew the Bush administration were lying from the beginning about Iraq, but what surprises me is how Rumsfeld's keepers were stupid enough to put him in a position where competent journalists could nail him, ie appearing on a non Murdoch show.

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like
    It's clear that the Bush administration is built on a house of lies and deception. Anyone with half a brain knows that. More evidence of the same:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/U..._040315-1.html

Apparently, the Bush administration has produced a fake news story and sent it out to media outlets to air, giving the citizenry a false impression that what they were viewing were legitimate news stories when, in fact, they are political ads produced with taxpayer money. The web of lies and deception continues...

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't see the Rumsfield link (connection is bad at work), so I have no idea what you are referencing.

As far as the ads....

From the same article Booger linked...
    Video News Releases Are Not New

Video news releases, as they are called, are not new. Private companies use them, and government agencies have previously relied on them for subjects ranging from the flu to drunk driving to Head Start.

The Clinton administration sent out news stories on its Medicare proposal in the 1990s.

The segments released during President Clinton's administration, however, clearly stated at the beginning that they were produced by the government — something the Bush video news releases do not.
    These ads are also legal. I don't see this as being any big deal. I can't comment on the Rumsfield issue though.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apokalupsis
    I can't see the Rumsfield link (connection is bad at work), so I have no idea what you are referencing.
    Let me summarize for you, my Republican friend.

Rumsfeld is on Face the Nation and says to the correspondent that it was "folklore" that he and Bush stated Iraq was an imminent threat and flatly denied that he or President Bush ever said that. The correspondent then goes on to quote Rumsfeld saying just that...that Iraq was an imminent threat. Rumsfeld then stammers around searching for a response. It's clear this guy is so used to lying that lacked both the foresight and common sense to realize that a lie on this level would not get passed the correspondents.

Quote Originally Posted by Apokalupsis
    I don't see this as being any big deal. I can't comment on the Rumsfield issue though.
    The Clinton ads *clearly* stated that they were produced by the government. The Bush news stories carried no such disclaimer and were obviously intended to deceive the public. I know it's not a big deal to Republicans when the government lies to and deceives them (unless, of course, we're dealing with an intern and a stained dress), but this is really nothing new.

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like
    Deception on an international scale?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4555592/

Well, at least we're not the only ones the Bush administration has been lying to. What a relief! lol

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember quite clearly, Bush saying in his State of Union Address prior to the war that we must act BEFORE Iraq becomes an imminent threat. I've never heard nor read where he stated otherwise. I can't answer for Donny though.

Let me summarize for you, my Republican friend.
    I'm not Republican, my goofy-little-liberal brother.

Also, I've stated before, that if Bush (and his administration) are guilty of fabricating evidence or claims...that they should be held accountable to the consequences of their actions. The problem with a questionable act (that is actually legal), is that Dems will cry "Foul!!", Repubs will cry "Not! It's legal! See?" That's why we independents must be put in charge.

I hereby rally my indie brethren to come together to rule the freeworld! Together we shall end the bickering...and create a 1 world order...wait....that's too much like liberalism. No...together we will come together and create a powerful alliance that we alone will control...wait...that's too much like Republicanism... OK..we'll just get together, make fun of everyone else, let 'em duke it out and pick up the leftovers and go back to our Zima's and Mento's.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson